overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Faro
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1307   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Itís made from malt, wheat, hops, water, yeast. Candy sugar is added before the bottling takes place. It is a clear, light red colored faro lambic with a small, creamy head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ketchepillar (1170) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JUN 19, 2009
Aroma is a bit vomity. Very grainy. Very very sweet. Too sweet. Itís an odd sweetness too. Kinda of like lemonade.As I drink it, I keep waiting for the sour to come, but it doesnít. I could see this style being good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beeronmypants (22) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - JUN 19, 2009
Thaks as well to MrBunn. The nose had the funk with some sweet undertones. First sip I was shocked as I thought it was be more funky. Very lemony flavor and sour. I can see drinking this on a very hot day and needing something refreshing. Not what I would want to expect from a lambic but it is Lindemans.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
CanIHave4Beers (3351) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - JUN 19, 2009
Enormous thanks to MrBunn for this one, and finishing out my 72 out of 72 style ratings. Pours a hazy deep gold with a small head. Aroma is slightly funky with notes of bile, really not very appealing. Flavor is considerably better than the aroma immediately there is some good lemon and a good sweet on tart thing going on, this is way too sweet and tastes like Lindemans Kriek without the cherry flavoring. The beer is seriously refreshing and I can see why someone would like the style. Not so much my thing, but tasty enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
auerbrau (3178) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - JUN 17, 2009
355mL Bottle. Vinous, bready, yeast heavy aroma that edges sweet. Corks, dust, and herbal soaps. Pours a surprisingly darker orange-gold, hazed, with a soapy, well-lacing white. Flavor is sweet, for sure, a bit candied. Some plain candy sugars, a nip oaky bitter, but fairly bland. Some faint funk and a touch of real lambic, but most a lot of sugar and some carbonation. This might blend down alright, but straight up itís a bit hard to parse. In the end, the sweetness isnít particularly killing me, itís the lack of complexity. Itís bland and boring, without any good funk or tartness. Thanks Joel for the hookup!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BeerBelcher (972) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2009
I like lambics. Earthy, funky, sour, weird...these are positive descriptors in my book when it comes to beer. Iíve visited Cantilon and really enjoyed the beers I tried there. But I did not like this beer one bit. It was sickeningly sweet and definitely gave me the impression that it wasnít done baking yet. I should mention that this is my first Faro...in fact I think this is the last beer style on this site that I havenít tried. When I visited the Cantillon tasting room, I asked if they had any Faro available for tasting, and the lady behind the bar explained to me in broken English that Faro was not highly thought of...like it was a "low" style of lambic. And after having taste this beer, compared to the gueuze that Iíve had, this beer seems not very complex...instead it is sickeningly sweet, cereal-y, and unpleasantly astringent. This beer was dark and far maltier than I expected. Imagine a way too grainy beer, with a ton of some sort of sweeter-than-sugar artificial sweetener added. It also had a weird skunky smell when I opened it which eventually dissipated. I diidnít like it...and wouldnít recommend it to others. I bought this bottle at the Winerak in Zanesville, OH.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beershine (5218) - The Sunshine State, Florida, USA - JUN 11, 2009
draft @ Poechenellekelder. Hazy amber with thick head, even some lacing. Apple aroma, very fruity with white plums too. Very fruity and pleasant. Palate is gentle, nearly flat. Is sweet, apple flavors including the skins and tannic finish. Lots of complexity and pretty dry after the juiciness. Very enjoyable!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cking (1175) - North Canton, Ohio, USA - JUN 10, 2009
Quirky beer from Lindemans, itís been days since Iíve enjoyed it and taken my notes and I still am not sure what to completely make of it. Body is amber brown in color and produces a 1/4" filmy, white head. Spotty lacing and ample carbonation create for a great appearance. The aroma is a medley of sugary and sour fruits coupled by some light brown sugar, reminds me of plain doughnuts that have just been brought out to cool. Tart with a sticky sweetness and thick finish that coats the mouth. I found the feel somewhat of a drawback due to the heavy sweetness, but the mild tartness is refreshing. Mixed sour fruit and sugary baked good flavors. Somewhat dry, wheat and caramel seem to ease their way into the mix. Hard to pinpoint the aroma and flavor any better, itís odd and intriguing. Nothing Iíll likely go back to.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
wimpie133 (380) - Brugge, BELGIUM - JUN 7, 2009
Bottle, 37,5 cl. A very clear light red colour, with a small head. The taste is lambic and fruity, but a bit at the light side. The taste is fruity and sweet, combined with the Lambic-aftertaste. Although the beer is sweet, it is not too sweet, it is agreeable sweet. Nice beer to take inbetween, on a sunny afternoon, or when you are thirsty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerandBlues2 (10065) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - JUN 6, 2009
Bottle received via trade with Koelschtrinker. Pours clear and sparkling amber with a spare, fizzy, white head, diminishing with no lacing. Aroma is heavy malt (hay, straw, cereal), light hop (grass), average yeast (horse blanket) with notes of fig, currant, and candy. Light bodied, oily texture, light carbonation, and an astringent finish. Long duration, heavy sweetness, light acidity and bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sparky (2243) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - JUN 6, 2009
375ml bottle courtesy of fiver29. My first of the style and last style I needed to try, so thanks John! Pours hazy reddish amber with a thin off-white head. The nose is sweet fruit and light funk. The taste is sugary sweet fruit for the most part, almost like a fruit flavored soda, with just a smidge of funk in the finish. Medium prickly mouthfeel. Thanks again John!