overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Faro
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1507   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Itís made from malt, wheat, hops, water, yeast. Candy sugar is added before the bottling takes place. It is a clear, light red colored faro lambic with a small, creamy head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
TorbenH (999) - Frederikshavn, DENMARK - OCT 15, 2013
amber, clear, white foam, dough, leaves, herbs, medium body, sticky, average carbonation, medium sweetness, medium bitterness,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
beerisgoodforu (992) - NÝrresundby, DENMARK - MAR 6, 2012
Bottle. Pours a dark orange color with an whiteish head. Aroma is champagne like, some citrus, subtle funk, cereal notes, caramel and sugar. Flavor is tart and again a little champagne like with some fruity notes of green apple, along with citrus, subtle funk, caramel and sugar notes. The body is light with a dry mouth feel. Overall a pretty interesting Lambic and not as sweet as some of Lindemans other Lambics.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
monkeychugg55 (991) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2010
Clear amber with a small, weak head that doesnít last. The aroma has familiar lambic funk, with overripe fruit, and sour apple. The flavor is mellow and enjoyable, with sweetness and tartness balancing each other well. Little bit of dark fruit mixed in. Light bodied with little carbonation. Clean finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
rane (987) - Nibe, DENMARK - APR 16, 2007
Bottle. This is a difficult one. Amber colour with white creamy head ad good carbonation. Aroma is sour mayby a little hops, not nice. Taste sour with a lot of sugar sweetness and lots of carbonation. Too sweet and too sour for my taste. I doubt that Iīll ever get to like these beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
orangesol (986) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 1, 2014
I was standing at Alís of Hampden trying to decide what to get to drink when he told me I should just get one of these because he was trying to kick the keg. I was not expecting a full pint of it but oh well here we go....

A - Pours murky brownish orange with a small half finger tall white head leaving very little lace down the glass.

S - Smells of musty basement funk, lots of sweetness, and some light salt air. Some light fruity aromaís are present as well but I canít really detect what they are through all the other things going on.

T - Starts off with lots of candied sugar sweetness slowly giving way to a mix of light fruit, dulled tartness, and even more sweetness. Some mineral like qualities creep in toward the end but the sweetness drowns them out quickly. The finish is, you guessed it, more sweetness with some light funk, lingering on the pallet for some time.

M - Medium body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Sweet, slightly funk, feel that stays on the pallet for some time after consumption.

O - I had trouble finishing this glass. I have had a few faroís before but for some reason this one really got to me. I wonít be getting this one again any time soon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
veceo (984) - CROATIA - JUN 27, 2014
Hazy deep amber color, small white head. Medium body, soft carbonation. Sugary and fruity aroma. Medium sweet, medium sour taste. Refreshing and somewhat interesting beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Atheist_Peace (981) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - SEP 30, 2012
12oz. Bottle. Clear amber pour with almost no head but what there is sticks around. Very sweet and sour sauce sort of nose with some fruit. Very muted funk in the back. Very easy on the palate and quite sweet right after the sour. This is the first faro Iíve had and Iím a fan. Sort of. Itís a nice starter lambic.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
mikkopen (978) - Oulu, FINLAND - JAN 14, 2009
250 ml bottle. Clear reddish orange colour, very small white head. Sweet aroma of malts and fermented fruit. Sweet but acidic flavour of apple and berries. Slightly watery. Not very pleasant.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BeerBelcher (972) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 12, 2009
I like lambics. Earthy, funky, sour, weird...these are positive deScriptors in my book when it comes to beer. Iíve visited Cantilon and really enjoyed the beers I tried there. But I did not like this beer one bit. It was sickeningly sweet and definitely gave me the impression that it wasnít done baking yet. I should mention that this is my first Faro...in fact I think this is the last beer style on this site that I havenít tried. When I visited the Cantillon tasting room, I asked if they had any Faro available for tasting, and the lady behind the bar explained to me in broken English that Faro was not highly thought of...like it was a "low" style of lambic. And after having taste this beer, compared to the gueuze that Iíve had, this beer seems not very complex...instead it is sickeningly sweet, cereal-y, and unpleasantly astringent. This beer was dark and far maltier than I expected. Imagine a way too grainy beer, with a ton of some sort of sweeter-than-sugar artificial sweetener added. It also had a weird skunky smell when I opened it which eventually dissipated. I diidnít like it...and wouldnít recommend it to others. I bought this bottle at the Winerak in Zanesville, OH.

1.4
   AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Cole (967) - , Alberta, CANADA - JUL 13, 2010
pours light clear amber. No head. Sweet sour aroma. Very gripping. Flavour is sour and sweet than sour again. Very offensive. Too sweet, too sour all over the map. Faro sucks!!!!