overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1989   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MaltMaiden (10) - USA - OCT 23, 2004
All my friends love this, but, alas, I cannot succumb to peer pressure. Mixed with the rasperry was the taste of must and mold. Iím told this is due to the wild yeast that is used to ferment the framboise. But itís just not for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 18, 2004
Clear, though dark raspberry red color, light at the foot, with a big helping of pinkish-red fizzy foam atop. Aroma is a dream, the very match for raspberry sorbet. Lively and luscious, and damned near perfectly delightful. Taste: ooh! ooh! Tart-{pucker} ooh! Then,...R-E-L-A-X ...It lets go and you luxuriate in itís marvelous flavor and Puckish play on the senses. Sip again, intense pucker again, repeat. Candyish sweetness puts in a word among the sour, reminding the mouth of a Jolly Rancher. Mmmm... A very complex beverage, with forward fruit, intense flavor, but bearing little of the characteristics we look for in other types of beer. Thatís lambic for you, and Iím a sucker for them, at the right time, right place. A most refreshing and satisfying dessert, leaving me to wish Iíd picked up some ice cream earlier. Long, delicious, mouth-filling finish. True ambrosia.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
scoobyluv (511) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 16, 2004
lovely ruby color with a massive pale ruby head. raspberry and cranberry nose. very sour cranberry palate. it was actually better than i expected since iím an ipa fan. i didnít pay, thatís why i got it. thanks, pat.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Deliciousness. Even the ladies love this drink. Does not even remotely feel like beer. The high price tag and low alcohol make this a drink for flavor alone. Still, I enjoyed slowly sipping this. So sweet and delicious. Maybe a little one note, but who cares when its amazing. Eerie red/purple color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
GeniusGirl (221) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 11, 2004
tap. oh sweet goodness... beautiful deep magenta color... like a long kiss... i donít care if i have a "girlie" appeal for this... itís damn good, like liquid sweet tarts... a little much for anything more than a flute-full... but my my my and sexy brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Joeh (2049) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - OCT 10, 2004
Bottle picked up in Belgium. ARghhh! Raspberrys, and too many of them. Over sweet nonsense that is hard to drink due to the thickness and sweetness. This is NOT lambic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lizzy (44) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 9, 2004
tastes like raspberry jello. I like it, even though itís not beer-like at all. and thatís all I have to say about that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
sethdude (704) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 9, 2004
I donít care that this is not very much a beer at all. It is so freakin tasty, you could tell me it was urine and Iíd still have some. Pours a great rich red color, with a unique pink head resting on top. Aroma is very fresh rasberries, which I like a lot. Flavor is again, fresh rasberries, which is extremely delicious to me. If enjoying this "beer" makes me a girly-man or whatever, sign me up, because I like it very much.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2004
I could smell the raspberries when I uncorked the bottle. It poured a deep raspberry red (of course) with a thin pink head that quickly became a halo around the glass with some laciness on top. Strong raspberry aroma with a touch of bitterness. Itís a thick drink that tasted like berries with a hint of malt at end. I admit to not understanding this style. I would have thought I was drinking a soft drink were it not for the winey finish.

Doppelganger (1388) - Dry County, Arkansas, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Pours ruby-red with a nice head of fine pink foam. Wonderful raspberry scent that billow out of the bottle as soon as the cork is pulled. Hints of oak and wheat in the aroma too. Pallete is amazingly big and mouthfilling given the low ABV. Taste is all sour rasberries up front, with barley coming back in the finish. Delicious stuff, and an amazing buy.