overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1933   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 18, 2004
Tried this one to compare to my Kriek review. Very similar, but I enjoyed this a bit more. I cant drink more than a small glass of this, but the aroma/appearance/flavor are superb. Great to mix with Hoegaarden unless you are a beer purist.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - MAY 18, 2004
On tap at Pikes Place brewing in Seattle. Pours red with a white/pink fizzy head that leaves us on time. A crank-up your cilia nose of raspberries. Tart and fruity and sweet. High alcohol burn, or maybe thatís just the acidity. Iím disgruntled that they serve such a small portion for such a high price, but thatís Seattle for ya.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAY 17, 2004
on tap: they poured this one out in a champagne flute of sorts. burgundy-red with a small white head that was gone in a flash. musty raspberries in the nose and straight through to the palate. like kool aid with a kick. the acidity builds up on your palate giving quite a tart taste. i suppose if you dont want a soda and not a beer this is were you go!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jde123 (765) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 9, 2004
A decent lambic, pours opaque crimson, large frothy blush head leaves nice lacing. Flows from the glass with a phosphorescent flocculence that warms me to the core. Taste is ripe raspberries with hints of geotic sweetness throughout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rudolf (2342) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAY 3, 2004
Ahh, standards. I recently rated a blueberry beer and said that it tasted like a muffin. It did. In a bad way. This tastes like Raspberries. Not necessarily in a bad way, but not in a good way either. When I was dorming in college we had a pop fountain (soda, for you non-Canadians, buffalonians, or Chicago-ites) One day that pop machine started spitting out pure rootbeer syrup. I thought itíd be cool to try. I mean, I like rootbeer. So I poured myself (ever so slowly) a glass of rootbeer syrup. I sat down with my chicken patty doused with Franks Red Hot (as it was chicken patty Tuesdays) and sipped my beverage. I tasted rootbeer for a week. No amount of Franks could save that. Now, this beer isnít quite as extreme, but its more raspberry than any raspberry beverage Iíve had before.. and I think that includes raspberry juice. its kinda like those "pure juice" ice bars that dole makes.. but alcoholic..

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
jerohen (2046) - Bussum, NETHERLANDS - MAY 3, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2010 Dark hazy red coloured, pink head. Strong sweet raspberry aroma. Sweet and sour flavour of raspberries, aspartame, some lactate. Sweet and sirupy finish. Seems pretty artificial if you ask me. Pretty bad, but on the other hand iím just not a big fan of raspberries in general.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mreeves (275) - Sammamish, Washington, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Raspberries, raspberries, raspberries. Hard to compare to any other beer with all the raspberry flavor. Pours a bright red color, with a pinkish head that quickly dissipates. Sour, raspberry flavor dominates. Not something Iíd regularly enjoy, but an interesting experiment.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
skortila (4665) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - MAY 1, 2004
Raspberry aroma; sweet and a little tart. Purple-red body with a lasting pink head. Taste is sweet and fruity (raspberry offcourse..), some marzipan and tartness. Quite sweet and sirupy. Okay

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
elnadeau (786) - Laguna Niguel, California, USA - APR 30, 2004
I suppose you really need to be in the proper state of mind for this experience, unfortunately I wasnít. Kool-aid, really sweet raspberry sody-pop, syrup for pancakes at IHOP. Not beer & not for my fridge again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
hershiser2 (1286) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 26, 2004
A fascinating brew, without a doubt- but only if you enjoy raspberries. Brilliantly red, small head- lotsa carbonation. Sweet raspberry in the nose and mouth. Yum.