overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1990   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
waveman352 (178) - Saratoga Springs, New York, USA - AUG 12, 2004
Just like the peach it has great flavor but not much of a beer. Extremley fruity and poured to a fairly dark red color. Taste like that of champagne but was worth trying.

mongkut4 (132) - Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2004
One of my favorite Lindemans. Great as an after dinner finisher. Very sour, which is my preference in Lambics.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 7, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2006 Poured bright red with a pinkish head that laced all the way down the flute...smells of yeast and raspberry...tastes raspberry and almost wheaty...thick body...very tart and sour finish...artificially sweet.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kathouse (1261) - Nevada, USA - AUG 7, 2004
After a friend of mine described a Lambic for me, I was afraid to try this. The aroma was soured rasberries. Really strong. The color was a hazy pale red with a pink layer of foam. I wanted to hold my breath when I took the first swallow, but Iím glad I didnít. The flavor was smooth fruit. Nice body and carbonation. Palate was clean. Nice surprise. I wouldnít want one of these every night. Only the aroma kept this beer from rating higher.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Uriel (146) - San Jose, California, USA - AUG 3, 2004
The aroma is almost like crushing a handful of raspberries under your nose. Itís very fruit - not a ídrink with a mealí kind of beer. Iím having a bottle right now, as dessert! Itís a fairly hazy beer, with a beautiful deep maroon color. The flavor doesnít stick around on the palate long, just leaving the impression of summer sweet fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - AUG 1, 2004
My first Lambic. This isnít what I expected, but I wasnít upset. Very good raspberry/cranberry aroma. Suprising medium reddish appearance with small pink head. Couldnít taste any regular beers flavors. Strong raspberry/cranberry flavor. Fruits are all over this "beer." Great

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
arjoseph (642) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 31, 2004
Bottle into small tumbler. We drank this as a before-dinner apertif at a new Latin American BYOB last night. Poured hazy mauve with frothy pink head. Active carbonation in the mouth with medium body, not watery, nicely balanced raspberry taste with some pear notes in the background, perfect level of acidity for the strength of the flavor. Aftertaste lasted quite a while. The lady of the table couldnít get enough.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LiamPatrick16 (124) - Montgomery, New York, USA - JUL 30, 2004
This was the first time i tried a lambic. great taste, very very strong rasberry. fruity as heck. very low alcohol. itís a highschool girl drink. not much of a "beer" but alwayz good to try somting new.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUL 30, 2004
Iíve become quite a fan of fruit beers. Interestingly enough, I had this beer quite some time ago and never reviewed it. It was actually the first fruit beer that I had ever had...actually, one of the first beers that I had tried. I remember the aroma being delightful...smell of raspberries wafting up toward my nose. Not artificial...but wine-like. The flavor was identical...a raspberry wine almost. Really, a great drink. Check it out if you have the cash.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jgentgesdo (682) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUL 28, 2004
Powerful raspberry/cranberry flavor, the best thing about this beer is its beautiful color and enticing fruity aroma, but to me the flavor is overwhelming and toofruity. This would be good with ice cream, but it is not a beer I would buy all of the time.