overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1886   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
AlabastorJones (805) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 12, 2003
I'm not too familliar with lambics, but I've had this one a few times so I figured its about time to rate it. The flavor of this is sooo good, its just like paying high-class raspberry prostitutes to do kinky shit to your tongue, just like that, if I were in a more lucrative buisness than paying to go to school, I would bath in this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - NOV 12, 2003
on tap--Ale Works, Bozean, Montana. I've had this lambic more than any other lambic--both bottled and on tap. The foremost difference between bottle and tap is the freshness of the bouquet and the fruitiness of the beer--you HAVE to get lambics on tap whenever you can! Nose is very berry--like a soda pop. Then the slught sour edge hits you, but the berry predominates. The head is a cute light puprle or pink and maintains its structure for a good long while, with minimal lace when it subsides. Taste is forward as can be--raspberries and more of the same--with a tart, sour accompaniment that doesn't detract from the freshness of the berry onslaught. The only thing sthat don't make this a fufu beer ate the alcohol (there's a good bit) and the tart pucker of the wild yeast beasties.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
haddon90 (1475) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 9, 2003
Draught at the Beer Sellar in Nashville. Deep red color with a little white head. Very strong tart, raspberry aroma. Strong taste as well, a little sour but not too much. Could picture this as a good after dinner beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - NOV 8, 2003
aroma is of fresh raspberries. pours red with a white head. flavor is of rapberries, very tart and sour. has a woody undertone which is probably the result of the lambic but the rapberry flavor is dominant. a very enjoyable desert beer and a good beer to give to girls to show them that there more to beer than bud light.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bb (6861) - Alamo, California, USA - OCT 27, 2003
Bottle. I like lambics, and I enjoyed this beer. It's red with a big pink head, has a string aroma of raspberries, and a very fruity taste that's slightly sour. Highly carbonated for a very big head.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Can this stuff really be considered beer? I guess it is ok for a lambic, but lambic itself is like frothy fruit juice. The stuff is at the bottom of my list. It is almost like champagne on crack with its foamy bubbles and little flutes. The only thing that is slightly like beer is the lacing in the glass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 9, 2003
Smell and color wonderful, initial taste was fine , but there was a tire rubber like aftertaste that turned me off. I liked the Kriek better

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - OCT 9, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2003 My first lambic, liked it a lot more the second try. I guess it's just different from what I've tried so far. It's still awfully sweet to me, and I wonder if the rest of them are this sweet too? I guess I'll have to try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 7, 2003
This is my first lambic and my 50th rating. Kinda special. Initial smell of rasberries and some beer qualities. Tastes the same way with a tart sour ending. Dries your mouth in the end. not a bad first lambic, but i expected more beer taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
r464 (1944) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 30, 2003
A tart raspberry, sweet and powerful. A great choice for a first lambic. Light a fruity aroma lets you know what you are in for...