overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2057   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 13, 2005
Red in color with a huge pink head. Aroma is strong raspberries and some yeasty notes. Flavour is dominated by the raspberries, sweet and very syrupy. A nice sipper for dessert.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jefcon (1565) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - FEB 12, 2005
Prominent raspberry notes and some good esters, which add a warm quality to the nose. Light and airy in the glass, with a reddish tinge. Tasting yields more flavors, blackberry, and a wine-like tannin. Good full mouthfeel for such a light lambic. Still too sweet to my palate, however, despite a drier finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jus10cider82 (67) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - FEB 6, 2005
Pours nearly opaque fuchsia with small amount of head that leaves a swiss cheese lacing. I have to admit ahead of time that im not to much into the raspberry flavor or nose. It seems way overdone and for me that was the downfall of this one. It did mellow out as my taste buds adjusted, but still not my thing. (12oz)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
elektrogeist (158) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - FEB 1, 2005
Very good.. if you’re looking for sweet fruity beer. But just not my thing.. a little too sweet and not enough alcohol ;) On tap at BJ’s brewhouse.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
spikee (96) - Providence, Rhode Island, USA - FEB 1, 2005
Extremely strong, syrupy, yet smooth, berry aroma. Pours a thick, frothy reddish purple, very similar to pomegranate juice. Flavor is fruity, but not overbearing with hints of raspberry, grape, strawberry - it truly runs te gamut. Palate is just bubbly enough with a substantial weight around the tongue. Finish is quick, clean, and sikly smooth. Would definitely buy again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
qdog (201) - Cleveland, Mississippi, USA - JAN 30, 2005
Bottle, nice white head, very red, medium body, very raspberry smell and taste, slight tart, leaves a nice sweet aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Crosling (1864) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 28, 2005
Split with two ladies and they both enjoyed it. Magenta with a light and mostly diminishing light pink head. An aroma of raspberries and nothing else, but it is somewhat deep and enjoyable. Sweet raspberry flavor that is much more sweet rather than sour along with notes of watermelon jolly ranchers and cherry pie. Much better than I was expectng it to be after tasting that sickening Peche beer. Still though, this stuff is for toddlers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Simon (42) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JAN 24, 2005
I guess I don’t know enough about Lambics. My wife had this and it tasted like a wine cooler with more flavor. Lots of raspberry taste and smell. Too sweet for me. I would be made fun of all night if I ordered this for myself. It tastes fine if you’re expecting raspberry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2005
Just getting into lambics so this could take awhile...Intense raspberry aroma and flavor...champagne texture and spritziness...not my thing but obviously high quality and therefore interesting. ( I didn’t like my first five high-hopped IPAs...now the more biiter the better! ) I will explore this style again and get back to you...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Very tart, a tarty wine cooler, full of body, etc. I wouldn’t drink more than one at a session. My wife thoroughly enjoyed it.