overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1941   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Can this stuff really be considered beer? I guess it is ok for a lambic, but lambic itself is like frothy fruit juice. The stuff is at the bottom of my list. It is almost like champagne on crack with its foamy bubbles and little flutes. The only thing that is slightly like beer is the lacing in the glass.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 9, 2003
Smell and color wonderful, initial taste was fine , but there was a tire rubber like aftertaste that turned me off. I liked the Kriek better

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - OCT 9, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2003 My first lambic, liked it a lot more the second try. I guess it's just different from what I've tried so far. It's still awfully sweet to me, and I wonder if the rest of them are this sweet too? I guess I'll have to try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
y0cola (361) - fremont, California, USA - OCT 7, 2003
This is my first lambic and my 50th rating. Kinda special. Initial smell of rasberries and some beer qualities. Tastes the same way with a tart sour ending. Dries your mouth in the end. not a bad first lambic, but i expected more beer taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
r464 (1970) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 30, 2003
A tart raspberry, sweet and powerful. A great choice for a first lambic. Light a fruity aroma lets you know what you are in for...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - SEP 29, 2003
My first lambic. A winner. Freshly picked rasperries. Complex. Drink copious amounts of this stuff and be happy.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
LarsHolmer (112) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - SEP 28, 2003
I really have difficulties when it comes to classifying this as a beer, A fresh fruit drink a hot summerday yes, but to call it a beer ....?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - SEP 28, 2003
I like the deep cherry-red colour of this lambic, but the aroma and flavour seemed too much like a wine cooler to me. Not that I don't like wine coolers... Overly sweet, this is an after-dinner, sipping drink, suitable for desserts and such, but it wears old, pretty quick.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ElGaucho (2272) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - SEP 22, 2003
My first lambic rating. I'm still unsure as to whether this style should be considered beer. To me it's as much a wine or an apertif as a beer. But, I guess it has to be called something and the ample overflowing head makes it distinctly not wine. Raspberry notes waft between reminiscences of Berliner Weiss. Ruby red in color with THICK pink foam that would not stop foaming. I must have lost a third of the bottle from both the initial cork pop and the first couple of glass pours. I poured enough beer into a glass to fill it maybe a third of the way, and the entire thing turned into pressurized foam, overflowing the mouth of the glass. Be careful with this one! Sweet and sour flavor, kind of like sour patch kids candy. Very good, but is it beer?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
JK (4813) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - SEP 21, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2003 On Tap. Dark red. Strong raspberry aroma. Flavor is of raspberry and sweet, but the finish is a little sour. The first lambic I really liked.