overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1955   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - DEC 3, 2003
Well it certainly smells like raspberry beer. When poured, it looks like raspberry beer (a very odd purplish-burgundy color with a pretty pink head!) I'm normally not a big fan of the lambics but this one is pretty good. Low ABV. The taste is predominantly raspberries and I think I would like it better if it was more subtle. There is an upfront sweetness (candy-like) that subsides into a definite tartness (like a raspberry sweet tart.) A very champagne-like effervescence. To be completely honest, however, I'm having a bit of a tough time actually tasting the beer in this thing. I think its malty and low in hops, but who could really tell with all this fruit flying around?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aubrey (3482) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 28, 2003
Frothy, light pink head above a cloudy and hazy soft red. Strong nose wafts with sweet raspberry aromas and the slightest nip of alcohol. Surprisingly mild carbonation, though it does have some prickly points to it. Sweet and chewy malts exude with raspberry sweetness (I don't even think raspberries by themselves are this sweet). Not enough carbonation to wash away the sweetness ... and it becomes a little cloying in the finish. Otherwise, it has some nice and earthy flavors and aromas here and there. Just a hint of tartness thrown in, just not enough, IMO. Sweetness began to get a little much. Although, I just cut myself a sliver of chocolate cheesecake and this beer is pairing wonderfully. Therein lies its virtue, a dessert beer ... or a dessert-complement beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
desurfer (1245) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - NOV 27, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 30, 2003 Pink foamy head, deep burgundy body. Raspberries in the aroma, obviously, along with a musty aroma that I recognize as the "barnyard" aroma others speak of. This part of the aroma was really strong and unpleasant, which detracted considerably from my experience. Flavor of tart raspberries, not too much sweetness and a dry bite in the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kumite56 (472) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Well this is my first lambic and I was prepared to dislike this like I have of the ciders. Boy was I wrong. This is a very good beer. Great palate and mouthfeel is preceeded by a wonderful raspberry aroma. The pink head did take me back a bit but overall the appearance is wonderful as well. Mod lacing hightens the appearance. A must try. Champaign like. Nice tartness to compliment the sweetish fruity flavors. Try it. (the women in the house were very imprssed as well.)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
TChrome (1438) - Bedford, Texas, USA - NOV 21, 2003
Aroma is more barnyard than but there is some raspberry aroma too. Appearance is deep dark plum with light purplish head, very attractive in my champagne flute. Flavor is tasty, initially sweet raspberries then sour, barn yardy. This hit the spot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Probiere (992) - Iowa, USA - NOV 18, 2003
Like sucking on a mildly tart hard candy. Excellent fruit flavor, but kind of one-dimensional. If that's your thing, bully for you. This would be an occasional change-of-pace for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ztrvz (218) - st paul, Minnesota, USA - NOV 16, 2003
a very special treat. i don't even feel like a sissy drinking it. unfortunately, you can't get girls drunk on it. very heavy and sweet. a tad tart. smooth. mmm. good sippin'.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LordHedgehog (144) - Westminster, Maryland, USA - NOV 15, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2003 Wonderful raspberry aroma and flavor. Sour but not overpoweringly so. Sweet, but not sickeningly. Very well balanced, a nice lambic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JMerritt (1867) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2003
Ruby red, medium-large pink head. Smells of raspberries. You can tell that the raspberries used were fresh, as the aroma has a definite green-ness to it. A certain woodiness is also noticeable in the aroma. Very sweet, with next to none of the tartness that I was expecting. Again, woodiness is noticeable, and very slight bitterness that reminds me strongly of raspberry seeds. Finish is slightly sour. Syrupy, slick texture. Fantastic!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
AlabastorJones (810) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 12, 2003
I'm not too familliar with lambics, but I've had this one a few times so I figured its about time to rate it. The flavor of this is sooo good, its just like paying high-class raspberry prostitutes to do kinky shit to your tongue, just like that, if I were in a more lucrative buisness than paying to go to school, I would bath in this.