overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1902   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
DerBiermeister (586) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JUN 20, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2007 Wow! I really like this one. I love the huge magenta head it pours. The taste is totally raspberry. It tastes very fruity, almost like a cider or wine, and it is a really special drink. For those who like sweet stuff, it is not too sweet. It’s not too sweet for me. I love it! 2 Thumbs up! :) When you take the full body into your mouth it surrounds all your taste buds and makes you happy. I didn’t want another one after I had it but it was very satisfying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
crazyvin (1991) - New York, USA - JUN 17, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2004 red body and i mean red. With a pleasent carbonated magenta head. Candy like aroma!!! toooo sweet for me. too mild of a malt taste to balance out the sweet taste. I had i by its self. It would need a real sharp cheese to balance out the sweet aste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kinz (3362) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUN 15, 2003
On tap. The last time I had it on tap, it was sickly syrupy. This time was much better. Beautiful purple red color with a pinkish head. Aroma is straight on sweet raspberry. On the palate, strong raspberry, but tempered by a definite beer flavor, and then a kick of pure lambic sourness at the end. Not the most traditional stylistically speaking, but tasty nonetheless.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 14, 2003
Bottled at tahe Grey Lodge in Phila. Lambic just aren't my thing. Wonderful smell of raspberries. Poured a nice purplish color. Had good amount of flavor. It was just to sour for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 9, 2003
Very good. I love these lambics. The framboise has a huge bouquet of raspberry. Taste was sweet up front but sour in the finish. A good balance. Much more sour than the Peche. Very good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
egajdzis (5401) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 6, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2006 Appearance was a light pink with a small light red head. Taste was strong rasberries with a sour finish. Way to sweet for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
nick35 (12) - USA - JUN 2, 2003
Way too sweet. Tastes of fruit syrup, not fruit. Best as in introduction to brett flavor for those used to coke.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 30, 2003
Beautiful aroma, that is if you like raspberries like I do. The raspberry completely dominates the flavor also, and it's quite sweet. Closer to a champagne than a beer, very refreshing and a god way to break up the palate after a few stronger beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 26, 2003
My first lambic, I find myself strangely excited! Gorgeous almost blood red color, slightly translucent with a pinkish purple head that disappeared quickly. Aroma is all fruit, raspberries, currents and black cherries - yet not as I've ever experienced them before. Sweet and rich flavor, again heavy fruit with a pleasant tart finish. Palate is syrupy with generous carbonation. Wow, like dessert in a glass! I think I shall find some more lambics quite soon...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Menelaus (3) - USA - MAY 20, 2003 does not count
Wooohooo! This is the real deal, other lambics seem weak and flavorless after Lindemans. The Framboise is Sweet and smooth, but share with a date becase it is too good to drink alone. Big FAT berry taste and smell. Run don't walk to the liquor store and try it out.