overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 2120   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
steve23mj (273) - Essexville, Michigan, USA - JAN 2, 2005
Pours beautiful magenta color with fizzy pink head. Nose is of tart raspberries and oh yeah, raspberries. Flavor is smooth and sugary sweet, raspberry. This is my wifeís favorite beer. Finishes with clean raspberry aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 1, 2005
Pours purple with a lavender head. Smells like fresh tart raspberries. Tastes exactly like it smells, with a somewhat sugary finish. The tartness of the lambic keeps it from being too rich. Very yummy, and a great drink to introduce to newbies.

joshpiledean (316) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 1, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2010 Re-rate: Iíve had this many times now, it is a reliable, sweet, delicious treat. Pours like grape juice, with a medium pinkish head. It has a distinct raspberry and somewhat tart nose. Kinda like drinking carbonated raspberry juice, but with a much maltier body. Thatís about as far as it goes with flavor, as all I can pick up is raspberry. Yet it is a complex and refreshing combination of sweetness and tartness. Very drinkable, with an interesting and long finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lamas (1556) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 30, 2004
UPDATED: APR 21, 2006 Bottle. Pours a hazy pinkish red color with thin bubbly pink head. Aroma is of FRESH tangy raspberries. Taste begins very sweet and finishes with a sour tanginess. Itís remarkable how much this tastes like fresh raspberries. Palate is a little dry and tart. Still very enjoyable and refreshing. Original rating from 12/30/04: 10,5,10,3,18. Re-Rate: I felt I should review this beer since I may have gotten a little carried away when I first started rating. After all, this was the first lambic Iíd ever had. Iím docking the aroma a couple points because it comes across as slightly artificial. Iím also docking the flavor down a couple points. The raspberry taste is just overwhelmingly sweet and kinda candy-ish. Too sugary when it should be sour/tart. Itís just too much. Finally, the overall gets docked a couple points too. This beer is pretty much a staple of my parentsí house. I wonít refuse one when I go back, but I realize now that this just doesnít stack up to other lambics that are more authentic-tasting.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
caesar (6645) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - DEC 24, 2004
Slightly hazy deep red color, medium pink head. Aroma of faint raspberry esters, a hint of metal. Sweet artificial taste of raspberry. Not very tart. You canít wake in the middle of the night for this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - DEC 23, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 27, 2005 Sweet and sour to the extreme. Almost unbearably sweet and unbearably tart at the same time. Iím sure itís a well crafted lambic, but being new to the style, Iím not sure Iím a fan. Pours a deep, hazy reddish purple ... kind of like, um, raspberries. Aroma is yeasty and full of berry fruitiness. Flavor is, as I have described above, tart, tangy and sugary sweet. Made my jawbones tingle. I like it, Iím just not in love with it, I suppose. Interesting, to say the least.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - DEC 22, 2004
Wow. My 300th rating. My how time flies... Anyway, I had put off buying one of these for the longest time, and if you ask me why I couldnít tell you. I wish I had discovered this a loooong time ago. A very refreshing blend of sweet and sour make this one a treat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gorbalev (3000) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2004
Dougís Christmas party 04. Red colour, very little head. Lots of strawberry aroma (reminded me of a pop tart). Flavour comes across as a little too artificial to me, I preferred the Kriek in this respect, but still turns out decent and drinkable. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GregClow (3194) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 20, 2004
Orangish-red colour with a pink head. Big aroma of sweet raspberry jam. The tartness of the fruit meshes very well with the dry lambic base. Refreshing stuff that I prefer slightly to the Kriek. [Toronto Christmas Party í04]

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
lachesis (757) - St Idesbald, BELGIUM - DEC 19, 2004
Intens Purple-red color with some hazyness and with creamy pink head. Great fruity aromaís of ripe blood-oranges, raspberry pureť, mullberryís, fresh pineapple and fresh mint-leafs. Nice refreshing mouthfeel with powerfull fruit aromaís. first the attack from the sour blood-oranges and all kinds of red berryís then the cremyness of fruit yogurt and sour candyís that brings a smoothness in the taste. Nice clean fruityness in the afthertaste with a great sour kick and a faint touch of mint.