overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1851   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A clean natural tasting brew with undertones of fresh raspberries and a wonderful aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SteC (135) - Oostende, BELGIUM - JUL 1, 2002
Unless I don’t prefer sweet beers, I really iliked this one. This really IS the best framboise out there...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
hopscotch (9064) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 1, 2002
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2004 ’UNDERTONES of fresh raspberries’? I think not. Drinking this Lambic is second only, on the ’experiencing raspberries’ scale, to actually eating a raspberry. However, I love Raspberries and I love Lambics. I can’t think of anything NOT enjoyable about this beer. This is just a very fun/sweet/tart beer to drink. However, don’t pop the top expecting complexity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mwsf (360) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 21, 2002
This is the sweetest Raspberry Lambic I’ve ever had. Shockingly low in alcohol. High level of carbonation. Reminds me more of Champagne than beer. Very sweet and tasty. My girlfriend’s all-time favorite beer. I end up spending way too much money on this beer every time I take my girlfriend to the Toronado, where they serve it on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
OlJuntan64 (1265) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - JUN 18, 2002
Ruby red-pink clear colour with short lasting bright pink head. Strong sweet ripe rasberry and faint sour (cider) aromas. Medium clean body, sharp tongue and cheek puckering dry sour start with a sweeter middle and end turning again to sour and finally a crisp dryer refreshing aftertaste. I like it but the peche is more interesting, more delicate and doesn’t quite hit you between the eyes like this one. Defintely another friend to take home to your mum some time.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
crdic (105) - California, USA - JUN 15, 2002
This is beer? Seems more like raspberry soda. I like Lindemans Peche, so I was looking forward to this, but I’m disappointed. The commercial description’s reference to ’undertones of fresh raspberries’ seems wildly wrong -- it’s not undertones at all, the whole flavor is of blazingly strong, sweet raspberries, with extra sugar.

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 13, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2004 On tap: I enjoyed this on tap. The taste was deeper and fresher than from the bottle. For a non-Lambic drinker, this is a good way to try the style. Bottle: Total fruity experience. Never had a beer like this. Give this to a wine or champagne person and you'll have a convert.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 30, 2002
Terrific beer! It’s almost as sweet as their Peche, but has a hint of tartness to balance it out. Strong flavor of real raspberries, not some syrup. Like champagne. A must try.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 30, 2002
The aroma is total raspberries....like a poptart, then you get hit with an amazing raspberry tartness...great thirst quencher.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
captspastic (20) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 29, 2002
A very sweet tasting ale. Very strong & sweet rasberry taste, close to a sparkling wine. Would recommend this to anyone that doesn’t like a traditional ’beer’ taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
booyaatribe (453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 28, 2002
It’s raspberry soda. The sweetness and fruitiness completely overpower any trace of beer flavor.