overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Gueuze
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1454   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A golden hue sets off the wonderful almost champagne like taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jason (1682) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 1, 2007
’05 Bottle. Poured a cloudy pale golden color with an awesome ring, fluffy white head. Complex aroma - Sour, wood, sawdust, horseblanket. Taste is slightly sour, aciditic, horseblanket, leathery, Granny Smith apple, Crab Apple with a sweet finish. Slightly dry, left a noticable impression on the sides of the my tongue. Light carbonation and a smooth subtle taste. Intrested in seeing how this will age.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BDR (2534) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - FEB 26, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 24, 2007 Very floral hops in the nose. Very nice tart flavor. a pale yellow color with a little head. Had this again at a tasting last night and couldn’t help but think how good this would go down at a barbecue.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
coldbrewky (1461) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - FEB 26, 2007
Light malty nose upon uncorking similar to Champale from my youth. Pours a medium gold with big sticky bubbles. little head. First taste is tart apple fuji or brayburn-like. A pleasant change for a daytime with meal beer in winter. This is probably pretty refreshing inssummer time too.

harmfuldrunk (288) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 22, 2007
i think of this as more of a deicate beer to drink with a nice meal not as one I use to party. although who wouldnt party without a beer that tastes like a sour champange without all the bubbles, although carbonated its not rediculas like me nice beer, but with the granny smith taste here I wouldnt wanna venture to there fruit lambic that shit would be to whack im sure. fine thin lining head and pretty sexy aroma. a note worthy drink for a beer baller

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rotorhead87 (119) - Temple, Texas, USA - FEB 18, 2007
Forget Miller, THIS is the champagne of beers. Seriously, though, it has a very similar appearance and feel to champagne. It pours a light amber color with small bubbles, much like the aforementioned drink. It has an earthy aroma and taste with a hint of sour apple and slightly acetic undertones. An excellent drink, but hardly a beer by my standards. I will have to try some more of these, as it is a whole style I have never experienced before.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
tennisjoel (1182) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2007
My first gueze. Sour apple and vinegar aroma. Also a smell of wet paint? Slightly vegetal aroma as well. Not terrible, still has the dominant vinegar sour flavor, which somewhat overpowers others. I think this is an acquired style, which I will need to sample more often in order to appreciate the subtle flavors besides the sour. My limited experience with sours makes most of these beers taste the same. I guess my palate just hasn’t adjusted. I’m still willing to give these more tries. Maybe my wife would like them as she normally likes things that taste sour.

JK (4659) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - FEB 14, 2007
I liked this but it was not nearly as sour as I hoped. Sour aroma; no mistaking this as a lambic. Wheat in the flavor; some pine, horseblanket and other weird yeasty flavors that I can’t nail down. Considerable carbonation, and light orange color.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
joebrew (608) - Farewell Minny; Hello Puyallup, Washington, USA - FEB 12, 2007
Pours a hazy golden amber. Nice dusty sweet nose with hints of tart cherry. The flavor packs one hell of a punch for this brewery that produces a lot of sweet. This is the balancer for all those sweet lambics. Nice tart cherry feel with good carbonation, and a great creamy finish to the tongue drying acidity.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jcwattsrugger (11279) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - FEB 11, 2007
750ml bottle-pours a white bubbly head that laces and cloudy gold color. Aroma is barn, yeasty, medium fruit. Taste is barn, yeasey, medium fruit, vinegar, some bitter at finish, nice. Nice effervescence. Occasional.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hellomynameis (874) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - FEB 11, 2007
This one was a bit different for me...The taste and aroma were both sour (duh!), but there was somethgin else in there, and I just couldn’t nail it down. Maybe some funk?