overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Gueuze
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 1377   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A golden hue sets off the wonderful almost champagne like taste.

TheRabidWeasel99 (2) - imgivinuthis, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 2, 2001 does not count
The best geuze on earth, I buy every bottle the store has when I go. Wonderfully complex, and quite sour, a full head and shoulders above any other Lindemanns product. Not sweetened and no artificial flavors. This single beer embodies everything you have ever read about the lambic style. This was until very recently my absolute favorite beer, now it is #2 after De Dolle Still Nacht, but just barely.

edden (926) - cow- lumbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 3, 2004
6/12/04: Bottle. Honeymoon night @ The Lofts in the Arena District!
Aromas of love, sharp Vermont cheddar cheese, wood barrel and age. Light golden body with a light, lovely amount of lace. Very pleasant, refreshing taste, which includes flavors of sour, grapes, green apple and some must. Nice crisp, refreshing taste. Aged most excellently for a perfect evening! Thanks to b_ender for bringing my favorite style of beer to our suite. :) 1997 vintage.

Hirotoma (471) - Bologna, ITALY - MAY 29, 2012
Buonissima non ho niente altro da dire, se non che costa pure poco! Con poco più di 5 euro me la sono cavata!

myfriendbubba (34) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JUN 8, 2014
Got at bottle shop, this is the most phenomenal brew I have had, sour dough with hint of rye, basement background and sour beyond sour but with the backup of the yeast breadlines. The balance was unreal. Buy it all d time.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - OCT 1, 2004
Bottled 2001 Well I have had this one in the fridge for a while, finally it started calling my name and looking all pouty faced when I opened the fridge, so I gave in. Hazy orage-amber with a quickly collapsing white head. Lacoing is excellent. The aroma, ahhh the aroma, it is truly amazing, hell it permeates the whole room. I must admit that it stung a little bit as I accidently inhaled some up my nose, not that this will be the last time that happes. Anyhow the aroma, barnyard, musty basement, very musty basement (tangent - reminds me of when I was kid, I used to love to go into the crawl space of my parents house as I loved the smell, this may explain my inoridinate fondness for Gueze). The flavor matches the aroma exceptionally well. Words fail me. Dry lively guezey palate. Damn this is some good stuff. This is up there with the Giardin. Brilliant.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ChillCoat (1029) - Concord, California, USA - NOV 4, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2005 Bottled ’94. This is a fantastic gueuze. Extremely complex yet balanced. Almost sweet nose. Musty, Horse-Blanket, hints of lemons and grass. Nice tartness coming through more than over the top sourness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
nuplastikk (4299) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 21, 2008
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2010 750ml corked bottle, 4 years old or so in the bottle. This is an excellent example of a Lambic. Murky, orange-amber color. Sweet, tangy, and tart flavor. Funky farmhouse hay and brutal green apple sourness. It has mellowed in some respects, a little more creamy, but is still in absolute top form and could be aged for several more years. Cider like in some respects. Tons of intense citrus flavor notes. A classic. Addendum-2003 bottle opened 1-13-10. Wow! This beer aged magnificently. Some light doughy, creamy, malt tones have emerged. The sourness is still present, but calm, displaying lots of intricacies and depth. Wow.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
RmmHronek (170) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - NOV 27, 2011
This bad boy has it going on. I like it a lot for its wide range of aromas and flavours. It has some fruit, a touch of floral, obviously tart with citrus zest, a bit doughy as well, with some funk akin to rotting hay. Really, what more could you ask for, it even carries a pretty nice price!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 24, 2003
Pours golden-orange. Awesome full aroma, one of the best noses in the world of beer...My girlfriend says it smells as if an apple, orange, and moth-ball had a 3-some and a baby, it would smell like this. Dry, nutty, cheese, champagne sweetness, very well rounded, the ulimate balance. Long, dry, finish; oh so delicious. Wooded roundness is incredible, one of my favorites. Is there anything better than a great gueuze?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
SG (465) - Valley Center, California, USA - AUG 16, 2004
2002 Bottle. This one has a beautiful golden/orange color and nice lacing. The nose is floral, sour, grassy, earthy. Barnyard flavor: sweet, sour, and tangy. Wood. Subtle complexities, refreshing and enjoyable. Easily one of the best beers I've ever had.