overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 319   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Has a cloudy, straw-colored appearance with a thick, creamy head.

stoutgoddess (1) - USA - NOV 6, 2007 does not count
STOUTWIZARD IS JUST JEALOUS BC HE DOESNT TASTE LIKE ROTTEN FRUIT OR SCROTUM! this is my fav beer of all time! must try when in texas!

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 1/20
stoutwizard (1) - USA - NOV 6, 2007 does not count
Terrible. It’s like a mix of scrotum and rotten fruit. I had to gargle kerosene to remove the taste. The mouthfeel, however, was world-class.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MTP (13) - Waco, Texas, USA - OCT 19, 2007
This was a very middle-of-the-road Hefe and not nearly as good as I was hoping. It almost appeard to be filtered and that certainly isn’t good for a Hefe.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - OCT 12, 2007
Tap. Probably the best beer I got in my short trip to texas. A very good hefe with a light citrus and aster taste. Not bad at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 23, 2007
Draft. Yellow beer with thin head. Clove, flowers and bubble gum on the nose. Clove, flowers and bubble gum on the taste. Eh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pintsize (1042) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 17, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2008 Draft. Initial taste and smell weren’t very delightful. Once lemon was added, it became drinkable - but that is not how I prefer to drink my beers. Not the worst beer I’ve tasted, but nothing to write home about.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ilovedarkbeer (2447) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - AUG 16, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2009 On tap. Pours a nice yellow/ light golden color with a small oily head. Nose is clove an banana but it is a very understated aroma. Taste is extremely well balanced and has nice light wheaty taste, that is rounded out by a lemon and sour finish. When lemon was added it brought out the taste even more which is rare for me to do but as an experiment I tried it and the flavor really blossoms.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
lb4lb (2574) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 13, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 30, 2014 Yellowish cloudy gold color and smells very strongly of wheat, with some banana and clove, even more so than most hefeweizens. Taste is big and flavorful, bubble gummy, smooth and refreshing yet hearty and wheaty. For the style I can tell this is well done, very flavorful and a good beer all around. If you like the style, I think you’ll love this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
chef201atc (261) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUN 23, 2007
Sampled on tap at the Fort Worth Ginger Man. Slightly cloudy, pale yellow pour, small white head. Huge banana nose! A small of clove underneath. Crisp, light, refreshing body – active carbonation. Flavor is dominated by the banana notes, spiciness comes out as it warms.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - MAY 26, 2007
At Flying Saucer San Antonio. Tried this one while visiting from California. I had been looking forward to this one for a while. I was so hoping that I would like this one as much as the ratings suggest. Well, as soon as the bartender brought the pint over, I was a little worried. Absolutely no head whatsover, but that’s the way beer gets served to you most of the time. Ok, no big deal. But then the appearance. A slight orange tint, but not much haziness and easy to look through the glass, too easy! Ok, lets take a whiff. Ah, much better. The banana, clove, bubblegum aroma was there, and fairly strong. Very promising. Let’s taste this thing already. Mmm, very nice. A good sour kick, with the flavors that make a good hefe. Well, so where does this leave me? I was very happy with the aroma and taste of this beer. Although the appearance was lacking for me compared to other great hefes, I feel this one came through in the end. I’m glad I finally had the opportunity to try it.