overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 152   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Our Seizoen Bretta oak aged and loaded with tons of local organic peaches (a pound and a half per gallon).

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ACHops (650) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 23, 2014
Bottle @ Masonry, served in a tulip. Pours lightly cloudy vivid orange with medium thick white head. Aroma is amazing - bright crisp acidity with fresh sweet peaches on the back. Freshness of the peaches on the nose is incredible, like dunking your head into a bushel of just picked peaches. Taste is clean crisp malt; dry, lightly carbonated body; pleasant, perfectly balanced tartness; and faint sweet peach notes throughout, though particularly on the finish, which is dry and clean otherwise. Not sure any beer can live up to the hype this one generates, but this is an amazing beer. Logsdon, please make more!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
haukur (1269) - Reykjavik, ICELAND - MAR 16, 2014
INCREDIBLE BEER! Huge peachy nose with some nice funky tones. What a nose! Taste is just explosive fruity peaches but with no sweet tunes. Dry, tartness leaning towards the slightly sour side. Just so much going on. Funk is there but perfectly balanced. One of the best beers I have had in my lifetime..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Thoor84 (67) - ICELAND - MAR 16, 2014
so much peach flavor and aroma, never had this much fruit forward beer that remains in perfect balance. Sweet peach and some funkyness in the arome, flavor is all peach, starts sweet but turns into a very nicely dry and tart finish.. What a surprise this was, and what a fantastic beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
poisoneddwarf (1684) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - MAR 15, 2014
Rating #1600. 750 ml beeswax-dipped bottle. Aroma is packed with peachy, dusty bretty goodness. Pours hazy cantaloupe with a medium white soapy head that falls in a minute, leaving a collar of foam and some lace. Taste is sour (7/10 on a sour scale), peachy, bretty, very dry. Carbonation is high, but not the annoying champagne-like effervescence that some of these beers have. This is about just right. Nice beer. Now, if I could, the reason I chose this as a milestone rating. The trouble I went to get this bottle is pretty crazy, so it deserves a milestone rating. So--I’ve been through Oregon a handful of times, but I don’t know it all that well. Coming back from Russian River for Pliny the Younger a few weeks ago, my brother and I decided to hit as many breweries as we could on the way back to Idaho. Logsdon was one of those breweries. According to our brilliant smartphones, all we had to do was make a minor detour after leaving Bend to reach the brewery near Hood River. I remember it getting slightly snowy before it just started dumping on us in a matter of seconds. Perhaps I should have done a bit more research, but I wasn’t aware that we were going to have to go through a snowbelt in my wife’s minivan to get to our destination. All signs were covered up with snow, completely unreadable, and I just figured it would mellow out. It didn’t! It got so we couldn’t see 10 feet in front of us. We get these kinds of winters all the time in North Idaho, but I wasn’t expecting it here, therefore the brilliant idea of bringing my wife’s minivan instead of my truck to save on gas came to be. Blaming my hungover ass for not researching this trip better would definitely be fair. So we keep climbing in elevation and the snow just keeps escalating, and the snowfall is so thick that it’s not really safe to drive faster than 15 MPH, and there is snow packed up over 6 feet high on either side of the road we’re on. This goes on for what seems for miles and miles. I don’t even know how high up Mt. Hood we were, or even if we were on Mt. Hood! Once again, you can blame this apathy and lack of research on our Pliny-induced hangovers, however pathetic that may sound. At last, we finally begin going back downhill again. We finally get out of the heavy snow where grass and landscape are actually visible and we find what we think might be the place, but there’s only one car parked there, so we park next to it. We go up to the barn, not even sure if it’s the brewery or not, but it looks like the one on the beer labels, so, but...nobody home. After about 10 minutes of walking around this barn, I spot the brewer working. Feeling like a total tourist jackass, I knock on the window. The guy answers, telling me that they’re only open Thursday through Saturday (it was Wednesday). He was just about ready to lock up when we showed up. He needed to get to the post office before they closed, which was in about 15 minutes. I talked him into selling us each a bottle of Peche ’n Brett, you know, since we came all this way, which he was more than happy to do. After our transaction was complete, we got back in the minivan and tried to get out of there so he could get to the post office. Our intentions were pure, but minivans are not made for farmyard driveways. We got stuck in the mud, and after what seemed like ages, we were able to rock ourselves out of the ruts we were creating. During the entire ordeal, the brewmaster was waiting patiently by the gate so he could lock up, waiting for our dumbasses to get out so he could get to the post office. We ended up having to go *forward* instead of back up the driveway, which meant driving through his yard and over a minor embankment to get back on the road out of there. Going over the embankment, it was very possible that the van could have rolled over like an idiotic turtle. It was one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever been through, and that’s why this beer deserves a milestone rating. After waiting in line for 7 hours the previous day for Pliny the Younger and then now this, I just thought, "the things I go through to get good beer... fucking hell!" The end result is always worth it, though, not just for the beer, but for the stories I can now tell.

b3shine (5184) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 8, 2014
750 ml bottle to snifter (shared by Dogbones). Looks good; a milky orange with white lacing. Smells good too; like peaches and cream. Tastes like it smells with. Smooth, clean mouthfeel. Millions of peaches; peaches for me!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Salmoniform (465) - Sweet Home, Oregon, USA - MAR 3, 2014
Poured from tap to snifter. Hazy golden orange hue with fizzy white head. Aroma is huge peaches, acid, earthy, slight pepper, vinegar. Mouthfeel is wonderful with a light body and great carbonation. Taste is dry throughout with a nice sourness that follows and lingers throughout the finish. Overall this is absolutely a fantastically tart Peche!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BoBoChamp (5358) - Gent, BELGIUM - JAN 26, 2014
75cl, Vintage 2013, Bottle N°3454, new exclusive organic American brew, with peaches and Brettanomyces, thx to John for bringing this over!, complex sour fruit brew, woody/fruity and slightly bitter/vinous, balanced, cloudy, good head, good brew

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopdog (8796) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 21, 2014
750ml bottle. Waxed. BBT3 tasting. Poured a hazy golden color with an averaged sized head. Peaches, funky, brett, fruity, and wood.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
czar (4126) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 17, 2014
pours hazy, almost cloudy golden orange with a very nice whtie cap, good retention and lacing. dusty bretts, mint, very juicy - still a lot of peaches in there, some oranges, orange zest, spicy peppercorns, woodsy - almost a vinous character, hint of coconut too. lively to average carbonation, light to medium body - oily, grassy-spicy and drying astrinegent and gently tannic finish. excellent!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mathieuc (1166) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 15, 2014
Pours a cloudy orange with a medium white head that offer great lacing. Aroma is of brett leather, hay and light vinegar. Not too much fruits in there. Taste is fruity and not too tart. Well attenuated. I can’t say I recognize the peaches used here... Some wheat flavors. Body is light, carbonation low-medium. Overall a letdown for me, I had some pretty high expectation. Upright’s Fantasia > this (drank them almost back-to-back so my memory was pretty fresh). Good, not great.