Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 411   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
You’ve made it to 547 Haight Street. This destination is more San Francisco than Rice A Roni, Chinatown, and Lombard Street combined. Welcome to Broadway for brewers everywhere. Everyone who is anyone has poured their kegs here. For the last 20 years, this place has launched careers, confirmed legacies, and since 1987 the only name you need to know is David Keene. Take a seat. Tip Strong. Nod appreciatively and don’t ask stupid questions. Welcome to Big Daddy’s House known to most simply as "The T-Room." Here the bartenders are fluent in English, German, Flemish, French, Waloon and Czech. But they’re most known for their American Lip Service. Watch it. The lady with the jet black hair behind the bar eats idiots for lunch. At 547 Haight Street, you won’t find any Cable Cars except for this one. But if you’re standing outside the Dutch Doors of the World Famous Toranado, you surely found the most interesting place in all San Francisco. Its’ about RESPECT. Dave you continue to have ours. Here’s to 20 more years of punishing livers everywhere. Cheers Gina, Jim, Tomme, Vince and the Brewers of Port Brewing

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
knickskicks (999) - - JUN 20, 2015
2013 bottle. Golden pour. Nose is lactic, some lemon rind, not very complex. Taste is lactic, some lemon, sulphur, slight funk.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
daleharshman (987) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 11, 2009
2009 bottle from Toronado SD ($45!) shared with mspindler and joetheyounger. Pours a honey amber color. Bottle foamed a lot when opened resulting in big white head when poured. Aroma includes sour lemon, musty yeast, vinegar, spice, under ripe fruit, and Brett funk. Flavor is tangy and tart and contains vinegar, lemon zest, leather and more funk. Finish has more acidic sourness and funk. Sours are certainly not my favorite style, but I found this smooth and quite drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hapjydeuce (986) - Carlsbad, California, USA - MAY 27, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 17, 2008 I managed to get a bottle at the Toronado grand opening in San Diego on May 24. Firstly, a MAJOR thanks to wetherel for calling me and letting me know that a few bottles were in the cooler for sale. I wasn’t planning on driving down from Carlsbad until I got that voicemail. Split the cost with Katie, we couldn’t believe that more people weren’t buying them up. Just pure craziness to have two bottles of this rarity side by side as we drank with wetherel and alohaC at the bar. It’s pants-creaming good. Hazy dark yellow color with medium white bubbles and swirls. Rich and rounded oak wood aroma with wet hay, lemon and biscuit tones with barnyard funk. All flavor components blend together amazingly well. Some citrus and light toast up front, with lighter barrel tones and brett acidity on the finish. Perfect amount of tartness, drinking multiple glasses was no problem. Slightly dry and a wonderful body. My first thought before I poured it was not to overrate due to hype, but all of my expectations were met. Flat out an incredible ale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
orangesol (984) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 13, 2011
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2011 I had to get one while I was at the Toronado in San Diego. 2010 Bottle poured into a goblet multiple times. A - Pours pale yellow with lots of little bubbles racing up the glass into a nice pillow of half finger tall white head leaving spotty wisps of lacing down the glass. S - Quite a bit of funky brett, lemon, and other bright citric fruits blend well with the strong funk. Pretty tart but not to the point of being overpowering. Very nice stuff. T - Lots of sourness up front giving way slowly to a mix of strong acidic lemon and some chewy brett funk. Finish is dry with plenty of lingering sour funk. Nice and light, quite refreshing actually. It did wear me down over the course of the bottle but I think that had more to do with me drinking the entire thing myself. I would love to get my hands on a bottle of this for the cellar. M - Medium-light body and flavor with moderate carbonation. Quite the dry feel with plenty of lingering sourness that sticks around for some time. D - Quite high. How could I not give this a five? I drank the entire bottle in one sitting and I barely felt it. Not too tart like some of the other wild’s I have had recently. Nice and refreshing. I wish this wasn’t such a pain in the ass to get. I would love to have a few of these for special occasions. Quite tasty stuff for sure.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Getbetter (983) - East Palo Alto, California, USA - MAY 18, 2011
From a bottle,floral, bread, pale, hazy, minimal head, medium sourness, lively, light body, slick feel, a very good sour.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Klimaet (977) - Aarhus N, DENMARK - APR 19, 2015
Bottle shared at Dangerous Bottleshare 10th Anniversary. 2012 vintage for wins. Pours hazy dark orange, small offwhite head. Aromas of citrus, pear, dessert wine like notes, gooseberry, pear, grapes, dry oaky notes, lambic-like funkiness, musty, vanilla, green apples, floral notes. Soooo complex! Taste is citrus, sour pear, grapes, green apples, vinegar, gooseberries, dry oaky notes, vanilla, funk. This lived up to my expectations for sure!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
HighWine (955) - Whalezbro, Illinois, USA - OCT 1, 2008
This is an amazing beer. I am not a big sour ale guy but this one looked so good at Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Celebration that I took a chance. Remarkable. I still kick myself for not buying several bottles to take home.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
nolankowal (937) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 17, 2009
Batch #2. Orange pour with a short white head. Aroma was musty, bready, yeast. Aroma of lemon, bread, yeast, light pepper, and sour fruits. Light body, sour/fruity with a sour/tart finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
weeare138 (936) - Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 15, 2007
Much thanks to Phatz for sharing this rarity of a gem. Appears a hazy, light gold with a small white head that slowly fades into a mild cap. Lacing is scattered all over the glass like tiger stripes. Streams of CO2 quickly rise to the top. Smell is of caramel, candy sugar, vanilla, barnyard, funky must, cinnamon, and cardamom, with a touch of apple. Taste is of the mentioned aromas that meld together in a lemony zest, citrusy, sweet, funky, and tart blend that tantalizes the tastebuds into craving this different but enticing brew. Mouthfeel is medium bodied, chewy, full of candy orange, funk, with a dryness covering the palate with citrusy zest.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
xmarcnolanx (929) - Kirkwood, Missouri, USA - OCT 11, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2008 Tap at the GABF. Pours a hazy golden color with a white fizzy head. Tastes hugely sour, bretty, just funky and yummy. Aroma is bretty and sour (a little acidic vinegar). Very well balanced, nice yeast profile. I did not get a lot of the grapes and cherries and all of that that everyone else got. Definitely got the citrus and woody notes however. Very solid, but definitely in need of a re-rate.