overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 397   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.18   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
You’ve made it to 547 Haight Street. This destination is more San Francisco than Rice A Roni, Chinatown, and Lombard Street combined. Welcome to Broadway for brewers everywhere. Everyone who is anyone has poured their kegs here. For the last 20 years, this place has launched careers, confirmed legacies, and since 1987 the only name you need to know is David Keene. Take a seat. Tip Strong. Nod appreciatively and don’t ask stupid questions. Welcome to Big Daddy’s House known to most simply as "The T-Room." Here the bartenders are fluent in English, German, Flemish, French, Waloon and Czech. But they’re most known for their American Lip Service. Watch it. The lady with the jet black hair behind the bar eats idiots for lunch. At 547 Haight Street, you won’t find any Cable Cars except for this one. But if you’re standing outside the Dutch Doors of the World Famous Toranado, you surely found the most interesting place in all San Francisco. Its’ about RESPECT. Dave you continue to have ours. Here’s to 20 more years of punishing livers everywhere. Cheers Gina, Jim, Tomme, Vince and the Brewers of Port Brewing

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
dougal217 (1) - Decatur, USA - AUG 4, 2013 does not count
I really need to get back to San Francisco. I miss my Cable Car! No, not the tourist-infested conveyances, but this beer, the 2nd Best Sour I’ve ever had (1st best goes to Cascade’s Agent L’Orange). Sometimes I question whether my love for this ale is at least partly based on its rarity and cache, but time and again, whenever I return to Toronado’s and they have this on hand, I experience all over again why this holds such a special place in my heart

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HonusWagner (1701) - Florida, USA - OCT 9, 2013
The most recent batch is absolutely amazing, really tart but nice stone fruit characters and a good lightly funky character, just awesome.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
jcartamdg (2373) - Spring Hill, Florida, USA - MAY 15, 2014
Pours a deep golden orange with no head. Aroma of peaches, nectarines, oak and funk. Taste is sour, fruity, peaches and nectarines, funk and oak. So tasty so complex.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
77ships (5179) - Antwerpen, BELGIUM - MAR 22, 2015
THANKS! 750 ml. bottle sampled @ the “pre-Club 54 tasting”. 2012 Vintage. Supposedly this is the finest vintage. Hazy orange, little white bubbles. Amazing nose, huge musty cellar, in an almost lambiek-funk type of way, thick oak, musty, light cardboard, very light malt base. Taste is slightly sweet malty musty oak, funk, floral, wood, vinegar, delicate funk, citrus, light green apple, rather funky, delicate in its approach & qualities. Fittingly lively carbonation, drinks crazily easily. Very impressive beer. Absolutely amazing. Going back by memory, I do feel that I noticeably preferred this one to the Duck Duck Gooze. Just awesome really.

timfoolery (1124) - California, USA - OCT 18, 2013
On tap at the Toronado. Aroma was clean Brett, freshly-squeezed Meyer lemon juice, Rainier cherries, and a slight funk. Flavor was very much the same with maybe the cleanest palate on a beer I've ever had. So crisp, so refreshing... I could drink a ton of this superb beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
GODiSSOUTHERN (389) - Virginia, USA - OCT 7, 2014
Tasted at GABF. This is at the top of american sours I have tasted. Straight sour with tons of fruity subtlety. Amazing stuff.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cfrancis (2688) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2014
Pours cloudy gold with a small white top. Aroma is just awesome. I left some in my glass for almost an hour so that I could go back and sniff again and again. Sweet tartness and floral with a hint of tropical. Taste is soft and delicate with the tartness, nice farmhouse and floral notes. Flavours on top of flavours. Need to find more.

andrewje41 (1250) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - MAY 23, 2015
I always enjoy the opportunity to enjoy and rate a beer that the hype that surrounds it is destined to leave me less than impressed, because sometimes, it lives up. At this price, I wouldn’t try this too often, but for the first time, it’s a no brainer. 750 mL bottle split with Eugene, and poured. Enjoyed at the Toronado Seattle release. Pours a cloudy, light orange color with little to no head. Sour citrus fruit. Maybe a little apricot. Love just looking at the bottle. Reminds me of all the times I was wishing I was drinking this beer. Medium body with a nice pucker up sour lemon and white grape flavor. Well worth the wait here. My type of beer. Loved it.

tcon25 (227) - Duvall, Washington, USA - MAY 23, 2015
Bottle pour at toronado seattle. So happy that they finally got this beer, Been waiting for this one for a long time. Foggy cream golden pour, sour oak lemon juice, orange, and apple aroma. Taste is absolutely amazing, sweet hops, oak citrus, apricot, lemon, not to much sour, just the right amount, smooth finish, no bitter after taste. Absolutely loved this beer.

koleminer20 (979) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - JUN 7, 2015
2014 vintage 750 mL bottle at Toronado. The pour is a beautiful foggy golden cod with a nice white head that fades quickly leaving no lace. The smell is unbelievable. There is a great grape and sour presence. An awesome funk and little citrus is also present. The flavor is amazing. The sour is there, but allows the grape and lemon to come through without control. The oak exists a little on the back end. The mouth feel is prefect. Thin, but not watery, carbonated, but not champagne-y. The aftertaste is lingeringly sour and fruity. Such a damn good beer. I'm glad I got to try this one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone