overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 372   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.17   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
You’ve made it to 547 Haight Street. This destination is more San Francisco than Rice A Roni, Chinatown, and Lombard Street combined. Welcome to Broadway for brewers everywhere. Everyone who is anyone has poured their kegs here. For the last 20 years, this place has launched careers, confirmed legacies, and since 1987 the only name you need to know is David Keene. Take a seat. Tip Strong. Nod appreciatively and don’t ask stupid questions. Welcome to Big Daddy’s House known to most simply as "The T-Room." Here the bartenders are fluent in English, German, Flemish, French, Waloon and Czech. But they’re most known for their American Lip Service. Watch it. The lady with the jet black hair behind the bar eats idiots for lunch. At 547 Haight Street, you won’t find any Cable Cars except for this one. But if you’re standing outside the Dutch Doors of the World Famous Toranado, you surely found the most interesting place in all San Francisco. Its’ about RESPECT. Dave you continue to have ours. Here’s to 20 more years of punishing livers everywhere. Cheers Gina, Jim, Tomme, Vince and the Brewers of Port Brewing

HonusWagner's rating

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
HonusWagner (1630) - Florida, USA - OCT 9, 2013
The most recent batch is absolutely amazing, really tart but nice stone fruit characters and a good lightly funky character, just awesome.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cfrancis (2511) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 21, 2014
Pours cloudy gold with a small white top. Aroma is just awesome. I left some in my glass for almost an hour so that I could go back and sniff again and again. Sweet tartness and floral with a hint of tropical. Taste is soft and delicate with the tartness, nice farmhouse and floral notes. Flavours on top of flavours. Need to find more.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rejtable (1433) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 17, 2014
Incredible. Thanks for the share Ottawa 2014 guys! Pours cloudy straw, limited lacing. Nose is lemon, some nuttyness. Flavours are tart lemon, some barnyard, some cereal and bread, some epsom salts. Tastes is medium tart, light sweet. Mouth is acidic, medium, light body. Man, this is so well balanced. Incredible beer.

Clownoisseur (267) - Buchanan, Michigan, USA - DEC 17, 2014
HUGE thanks to bytemesis for sending me this bottle. Thanks Mike! This 2013 vintage bottle was shared with my new fiancé after I proposed to her, only minutes prior, while we were out on a walk through our woods! I had it all planned out: She was dropping her brother off at the train station and I was chilling this beer, getting the ring positioned in my pocket...and of course, calling her father and asking his blessing. (Which he gave me!) After she returned home, I suggested that we take a walk with our dog around the property. We often take walks, so this wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. Even as I began to discuss the ideas I had for our wedding, she didn’t suspect a thing. We have had this discussion many times as well. By the time we made it through our ravine to the spot where we want to have the ceremony. I dropped to my knee and presented THE RING and popped THE BIG QUESTION........she said yes, of course!! After some private moments **think Princess Bride mega-kiss**, we returned inside to have a toast! This beer was perfect in every way for the occasion. It felt good to pop the cork in celebration! Aromas of Brett-tinged oak gave a nice and dry funk followed by light lemon peel, green apple, brie, hay and a slight hint of blue cheese. As I let the aromas waft out of the bottle and I poured this beauty into 2 New Glarus glasses for sharing, the memories of our 4.5 year relationship came flooding back. This reminded me of how I turned Kacye on to Sour/Wild Ales.....literally creating a sour-freak....and a conundrum of not being able to open them without her there! It made me smile....looking into her eyes....it was hard to hold back the tears of joy! A gorgeous golden ale, slightly hazy yet vibrant..... a white-as-snow head that gently pillowed up the glass before settling into a nice ring around the glass with some spotty lacing. A medium carbonation gives this beer life. Dances nicely. The taste was incredibly fulfilling. Balanced. Solid. Steady. Relentless. The tart pucker was coupled nicely with a dry, oaky funk. Beautiful. Notes of under-ripe fruits....green apple, lemon, white grape....it pushed a nice light undertone across the palate, elating the senses. So elegant. Notes of brie and hay lend to a quick malted sweetness that melds into another dose of deep funk. Notes of cheese and barnyard. Love it. The finish pushes with the medium carbonation, nice and lively...never fizzy. Dry vinous notes, couple with the oak, funk and additional sour note that culminates this beauty of a beer. Such a magical day, such a magical beer.....I don’t think I have ever felt Cloud 9 until now. I am looking forward to sharing many more beers with Kacye.....I am just not sure how we can top this one!! And so, the challenge begins......

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lubiere (10475) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2014
A lightly hazed sour ale with a thin white head. In aroma, nice fruity tart apples and Epsom salts, Brett, very sour and beautiful. In mouth, a nice tart puckering malt with Epsom salts, ground cherries, horse blanket, lactic acid, very nice. Bottle at 2014 Ottawa Xmas gathering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrHangover (2766) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - NOV 29, 2014
Bottle 2007 vintage, courtesy of kermis. Pours a hazy brown beer without any head on top. Aroma of funk, fruits, barnyard. Age is noticeable here. Flavor is mildly sour, mellowed out a bit. Fruits are still present, some red fruits, raspberries and such. Little to no carbonation present. Aftertaste is light sour. Quite okay!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
sic1314 (3812) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - NOV 28, 2014
Poured a murky medium amber with no head. Aroma of sour berries. Medium body, flavour is very sour with a dry, sweet end.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmgreenuk (4988) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - NOV 28, 2014
Sample courtesy of Kermis. Poured a cloudy light amber with little life. The aroma is acid citrus. The flavour is light acid sour with a smooth crisp fruity acidic palate. Light bodied with average carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
deanso (5739) - the Hague, NETHERLANDS - NOV 28, 2014
2007 vintage bottle shared courtesy of Kermis, thanks. No head. Cloudy organe pour. Barnyard aroma. Light tartness. It’s matured very well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Countbeer (4748) - Best of E-Town mit ein Brauhaus, NETHERLANDS - NOV 24, 2014
Bottle@Sad Fish tasting aka Haarlemmestraat tasting aka Elite tasting aka did Dean do something (stupid) today aka Benzais’ endless triangle travel aka Chris’ Birthday tasting: Bottle: 2007 vintage: Thanks Chris: Served in a taster: Hazy orange colored beer with a small white head/lacing. Aromas of funk, wild yeast, wood, light fruit, light dust, light cellar and some horseblanket. Flavour has a light subtle tartness, fruits, woods, wild yeast, light funk, some horseblanket, yeast bacteries. Soft for it’s style, but nice! Aftertaste is smooth tart with wood and wild yeast. Low carbo, creamy mouthfeel, more than medium bodied. Really smooth!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Benzai (8987) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - NOV 22, 2014
Bottle [2007 vintage, first bottling] shared @ tasting. Hazy orange pink color, small off-white head. Aroma is a little faint but there’s a nice subtle fruity touch there with a slightly sharp fruitpeel sour-bitter bite. Tastes like that as well, a little touch of sour-bitter in the beginning but a very smooth subtle fruity sourness underneath. Soft, peaches, a hint of orangepeel. Nice!