Lost Abbey Yellow Bus

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 108   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.26   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Sour ale with Peaches.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Doodler (313) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 5, 2011
Rating #200. Thanks greatly to Bill for sharing this treat at Jason’s sour tasting. 750 hand-signed bomber poured into my Zeppelin snifter. Color is a golden straw with a sticky white head and rings my glass. NIce aroma of peaches, brett, and citrus. Flavors of funk and sweet peaches with hints of apricots jump right out. While I’ve been told this has faded a bit overall from where it was even two years ago, the taste is still funky and moderately sour with loads of citrus, peaches, woody, funky flavors and a sweet and sour goodness through the finish. Softly carbonated. A tasty sour and really nice stuff… =)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ratman197 (10216) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - SEP 5, 2011
750 ml corked and caged bottle shared by Forgetfu (Big thanks Bill!!!)poured a hazy tarnished gold with a lingering ring of white foam. Aromas of peach, straw,vanilla, biscuit and light barnyard. Palate was light bodied and crisp with a dry tart finish. Flavors of peach, straw, vanilla and light barnyard with a crisp dry tart lingering funky peach finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MadIndian (2434) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2011
#1400 Auction winner. Impressive golden/ orange color. Aromas of peach and sour fruit. Tart peach and spice taste. A good sour.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 27, 2011
The beer pours a hazy golden yellow with peach highlights, light white head, ok retention and lacing. The aroma is super balanced. Great sour funk then lots of sweet peach really stands out. The taste is the same, exactly what you’re looking for a wild. A very nice sweet balanced by just the right amount of funk. Great beer, super lucky I got to try this, I would love to track this down again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
anders37 (17566) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAR 27, 2011
Bottle. Courtesy of andersand. Pours a hazy golden color with a small fast disappearing off-white head. Has a fruity tart vinegary funky fruity peach aroma. Fruity sour tart funky woody flavor with sweetish peach hints. Has a fruity sour tart woody funky peach finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brokensail (11599) - Orange County, California, USA - FEB 2, 2011
A: The beer pours a cloudy golden orange color with a finger or so of white head. S: I’m absolutely amazed at how much peach aroma is here. The nose is pretty damn funky with lots of oak, some slight grass, and peach skin. There’s a pleasant lactic sourness and even more peach. T: A wonderful combination of sweet fruit flavor to go along with the tartness. Wonderful peach flavor that just dominates the palate at times. A great lactic sourness along with some tannic oak round out a very tasty beer. M: The body is medium and so is the carbonation. Puckering and dry on the finish. D: This beer was amazing. We opened a lot of good beers last Sunday, but none of them came close to this, in my suspect opinion. If only I could get my hands on a bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Hophead22 (2879) - Redlands, by way of Wisconsin,, California, USA - JAN 29, 2011
Sample at LA. Rating #93. This was a complete surprise to me, I look over to see my head brewer holding up a glass of something with a big smile on his face and then seeing his lips mouth the words yellow bus, it was all I could do not to knock over every person that was between me and the beer. Medium yellow color with a small white head. tart peach aroma, lightly sweet and pretty fantastic. Flavor was very similar, more peachy goodness, not as dry as the Veritas 004, but still a little dry and fantastic, thank you LA for sharing. (1471)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lagunitasfan (1321) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 29, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2011 So here’s how this day goes... I’m at my buddies’ Mikes house drinkin’ New Glarus brews at a tiny lil tasting. Tomme tweets something about it’s a great day to drink Yellow Bus. We’re 10 min. away from Lost Abbey and we think he’s serious. So I ask Mike G what’s he gonna grab from his cellar to plop down in fron of Tomme to get him to crack that bottle with us. Mike replies by pulling ou the Mother of all Beers. We decide that’ll do it if anything will. We walk through the fron dock area and our glass is filled with Veritas 04. We find Tomme and he agrees that MoaB and Yellow Bus should be opened at the end of the bar. Yellow Bus is high tart sweet goodness. Highest sweet and longest lasting leftovers ever. Tart sharp goodness. I want to suck the film from the glass. I don’t want it to be over. Beautiful. Thank you Tomme and Mikes for helping everything align and allowing this day to happen.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
mateo125 (1) - California, USA - JAN 9, 2011 does not count
Bottle. Clear orange with a thin head. Strong hop and citrus on the nose. Notes of berry. Upon taste full fizzy mouth feel that follows down the throat. Taste is a hoppy sweet. Not bad for a beer, but wouldn’t have many back to back.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnnyJ (4553) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 28, 2010
Sample from bottle at O’brien’s Lost Abbey tasting, 2010. Clear yellow, slightly amber, with white head. Still a lot of fruit going on in this beer. Juicy peachs, tart fruit, lemon, citrus, stone fruit, lightly funky, and moderate sourness. Delicious, the fruit is wonderful, and the sourness is not over the top. Very glad I got to try it. Rating #2100.