overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 111   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.26   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Sour ale with Peaches.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
mateo125 (1) - California, USA - JAN 9, 2011 does not count
Bottle. Clear orange with a thin head. Strong hop and citrus on the nose. Notes of berry. Upon taste full fizzy mouth feel that follows down the throat. Taste is a hoppy sweet. Not bad for a beer, but wouldn’t have many back to back.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Lagunitasfan (1321) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 29, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2011 So here’s how this day goes... I’m at my buddies’ Mikes house drinkin’ New Glarus brews at a tiny lil tasting. Tomme tweets something about it’s a great day to drink Yellow Bus. We’re 10 min. away from Lost Abbey and we think he’s serious. So I ask Mike G what’s he gonna grab from his cellar to plop down in fron of Tomme to get him to crack that bottle with us. Mike replies by pulling ou the Mother of all Beers. We decide that’ll do it if anything will. We walk through the fron dock area and our glass is filled with Veritas 04. We find Tomme and he agrees that MoaB and Yellow Bus should be opened at the end of the bar. Yellow Bus is high tart sweet goodness. Highest sweet and longest lasting leftovers ever. Tart sharp goodness. I want to suck the film from the glass. I don’t want it to be over. Beautiful. Thank you Tomme and Mikes for helping everything align and allowing this day to happen.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
thebaldwizard (1205) - Ohio, USA - JUL 6, 2010
Shared by Randall. Thanks so much! Murky golden body. Mix of sweet and sour in the aroma with a nice funky citrus blending in with apricot scents. Medium mouthfeel with low carbonation (which I like). Very complex flavor. Sour taste up front, acetic and funky. Some biscuit flavors come through as it warms as well as some grassy notes. Good balance overall.

BuckeyeBoy (3611) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 19, 2010
Bottle Dr. Bill’s tasting one of only two beers I reviewed that night. Yes I know this was a while back but like I said the back log is looking ugly. Moving forward. Pours out cloudy straw color topped with a white head. Aroma was of light peach sweetness, tart, funk, and sweet malts. Taste is much the same light peach not as much as I was thinking. Then again my palate had been working overtime that night. I was just happy to try it.

MatSciGuy (907) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 8, 2010
[Bottle] shared by beerndogs. This is one that I never thought I would see, thanks Randall! Pours a clear deep, glowing gold with a small off white head. Aroma of ripe peaches - flesh, skins, pit and all, light funk, light acidic character as well. Flavor is well balanced for a Lost Abbey sour - minerally, jammy peach, and a touch of funk. Quite dry with low carbonation and a moderate mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fonefan (38879) - VestJylland, DENMARK - SEP 19, 2010

Bottle 750ml.

[ Trade by toncatcher ]. Clear medium orange color with a small to average, frothy, fair lacing, mostly diminishing, white to off-white head. Aroma is moderate to heavy peach, tart, wood, vinegar, citrus acidic. Flavor is moderate to heavy sweet and moderate acidic with a long duration, dry dry, tart, acetic. Body is medium, texture is watery to oily, carbonation is flat to soft. [20100618]

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jkcookin (4) - Washington, USA - JUN 23, 2010 does not count
Amazing sour ale, tart aroma, citrus. great sour flavor peaches and tart fruit. Great palate, probably one of the best sour ales I have had. Overall I really liked this ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tyler_mn (1475) - SLP, Minnesota, USA - JUL 3, 2010
Holy god... finally!!! 750ml unlabeled bottle. Beautiful hazed golden pour. Minimal head and little appearance of carbonation. The color absolutely glows, though. Lots of musty peach meat on the nose initially. Plenty of souring bugs and yeast. I get a little bit of spice (cinnamon maybe???). Musty basement cellar with some mothball action as well. Aged cheddar. The tart peach skin on the nose is just stellar! Flavor is just as awesome as the aroma. More wood and barrel presence on the tongue than on the nose. The wood tannin really hits you on the sides of the tongue. Lots of musty pear... skins and juicy meat. Lots (but not overpowering) acetic acid. Fairly sour but balanced with the fruit. Lush and creamy texture with pitch-perfect carbonation and conditioning. The finish is tart, acidic and lasts forever. Top notch and well-deserved of it’s top 50 status. Thanks a ton Randall!

50belair (2955) - Florida, USA - OCT 10, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2011 Bottle shared at the LCBS 10. Even in this stellar line up, YB was one of the stunners. Big peach and tart fruit aromas burst out of the golden colored ale. YB lives up to the hype! In my opinion this smooth devil is really a wild ale and is delightfully lacking in the sour department. The taste is crisp with ripe peaches, tart fruit, and light funk caressing the old cake hole.. Outstanding....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnnyJ (4913) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 28, 2010
Sample from bottle at O’brien’s Lost Abbey tasting, 2010. Clear yellow, slightly amber, with white head. Still a lot of fruit going on in this beer. Juicy peachs, tart fruit, lemon, citrus, stone fruit, lightly funky, and moderate sourness. Delicious, the fruit is wonderful, and the sourness is not over the top. Very glad I got to try it. Rating #2100.