Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 111   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.26/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Sour ale with Peaches.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kappldav123 (5581) - GERMANY - FEB 4, 2010
Incredible big thanks to Alen for this rare beer. Unlabeled bottle. Looks good in the glass, very, very zippy, small head, modest turbid. Starts intense sourish, a little bit woody. Turns then wonderful fruity like peach and apricot, very well balanced. Sourish notes are dominating the finish, but not too aggressive. Very well balanced, also some very light salty notes. An incredible beer! Too sad this will be the only day in my life that I will drink this beer...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Maltzilla (38) - Florida, USA - JAN 14, 2010
WOW! Am I actually reviewing this beer? Well, very fortunate to have shared this one with friends this past weekend. Poured into a large cognac snifter. The pour issued forth a hazy gold liquid, which held up a fluffy, meringue head at the end -about an inch thick- as if it were Atlas lifting the globe. Yes, I gave it a 5 in appearance. The smell was wonderful, tart, sweet and ripe fruit. Some of the famed peach notes off in the back, but a lot of great spiciness too. Maybe a little cardamom? Taste was massive. I definitely got a lot more peaches once I took the first sip. And from there it was a damned fruit-fest; got a little dried apricot, some traditional saison-type spice, sweet macintosh apple even. Mouthfeel & Drinkability I think were superb. This is a very well-rounded flavor with a lot of layers, but its also subtle enough and refreshing that you will be tempted to immediately go for a refill. Well, that and the fact that youíre splitting a YELLOW BUS & you sure as heck want more than just one sip.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
corby112 (2679) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2010
Huge thanks to Chad( cpferris) for bringing this to our epic sour tasting. Pours a hazy dark golden orange with some golden yellow hues and visible carbonation bubbling up at the top of the pour. One finger off white head that immediately fades into nothing. No lacing whatsoever. Musty earthy aroma with some slight earthy funk. Not as pungent as I expected with subtle barnyard notes and dry Brett efervescence. Lots of fruit in there, especially the peach. I swear I can pick up the earthy pit of the fruit. Intensely tart/sour and puckering with a lot of dry bretty funk and sour bacterial notes. Dry effervescence and champagne like flavor and carbonation. Medium ody and not very acidic which is surprising considering how tart and funky it is. After the initial sour shock thereís an intensly powerful peach presence. Honestly Iím shocked at how prominent the peach presence is. Itís like biting into a fresh organic peach. Very sweet balancing out the sour and dry brett notes. This beer is delicious and the puckering sweet aftertaste lingers long into the finish making me salivate for another sip. Highly recommended!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drewbeerme (3915) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2009
750ml, batch 1, big thanks to Kan for sharing! Pours hazed yellow-gold with white head around the rim. A nice funky earthy brett aroma with vanilla, oak, and sour peaches that are starting to fade out. Flavor has a mellow sour peach and brett, spritzy acidic character, peaches, cantaloupe, lemons, vanilla. Really tasty sour.

pantanap (3366) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2009
750ml bottle from tomme himself... Pours a hazy mostly transparent apricot orange with a barely noticeable film of white head... Aroma of acidic and vinegar, with a moderate degree of funk. Pale fruit but somewhat faded hops... Flavors are much to of the same device. Acidic and apple vinegar which hold on the palate for a moment and then slwly fades leaving a sour sensation on the tongue. Soft to medium carbonation and light to medium bodied. Very nice overall.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
paytoplay (146) - , California, USA - DEC 14, 2009
bottle at LA, glass shared at the brewery, then the rest shared at toronado sd. very difficult to find flaws with this beer, and very difficult to find a beer of this style with more flavor, density, texture and length. Popping acidity, some funk, yet all this sour / acidity and still huge on the palate, great finish. must see some new oak as there is almost a sweetness, oak, vanilla body and grip on the finish that is very long. 30+ second finish and not like a stout that stains the teeth, this is from the expansive flavors in the beer. outstanding beer. 5-10 more years of life Iíd guess. guess it could funk up and develope more complex flavors?...drinking outstanding on this nite. bottle from vintage tasting room ect.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
ajm (1067) - Los Angeles, California, USA - DEC 13, 2009
Bottle split with Shyam at the Lost Abbey tasting room. I broke a boycott to have this and am a little embarrassed I did so. Nose is much fuller than the usual sour ale bouquet - fruit rind, white tannin, slight white pepper and every now and again the diaspora of a ripe peach. This bottle was 2007 and the fruit flavor has faded some I imagine - I was expecting more than the glimpses of peach that I got. When those do come, however, they are brilliant. The very funny thing is that they happen at non-intuitive times over the course of a bottle. Aside from them there is a very fat quality to the body of the beer that is very good - very thick with yeast at times. Would certainly try a newer bottle if given half a chance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 12, 2009
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2009 Pours a fairly clear straw yellow with a fast growing fizzy head. Nose has hints of peach, probably wouldnt have noticed had I not known to look for it, hints of barnyard funk, very mellow nose. Taste is extremely balanced between lambic tart sourness and acetic vinegar. Slightly fruity, nice slightly puckering from the sourness, the vinegar adds a perfect heat that mimics a higher abv offering. It might be one of the more well balanced sours iíve ever had. Taking into consideration the amount of hype surrounding this beer, and the pricetag, I have to say it is not worthy, not even that close, but still a fantastic beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sean9689 (285) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 15, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 19, 2010 My contribution to an epic sour/wild tasting hosted by Alex. Thank you to myself for letting me try this. Sean, you are awesome! Poured from 750ml bottle into Bellís tulip. A - Pours a mirky orange with a very faint white head that quicky vanishes into a bubble here and there around the rim of the glass. No head leaves no lacing behind, which is kind of a bummer. Not the greatest looking sour Iíve seen. S - This is where the experience turns epic. A nice whiff of this one leaves me in a state of tart-awesomeness. I also get some sweetness as well, which I contribute to the peaches that this was brewed from. Nice oak/wood notes follow up both the sour and sweet notes and round this one out nicely. I didnít take a drink of this one for quite some time, as I wanted to just keep smelling it. T - Not as sour/tart as the nose suggests, which I like. I can enjoy the peach notes a lot more without a huge amount of funk. Donít get me wrong, there is funk, but not enough to hide the sweet fruity notes. Iím thinking I should have just drank this one and got wasted by myself in my basement (kidding, to my new Chicago buddies, of course). M - Fizzy on the palate. The look of no carbonation isnít true, there is some. Leaves a nice tingle with a dry finish. D - Holy crap do I need another bottle of this. Sadly, donít know if thatís possible. Oh well, mark this one down as out-freakin-standing. Lives up to the huge hype.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bu11zeye (12367) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2009
(Draught) Pours a cloudy golden orange body with a small white head. Aroma of lemon, mustiness oak, peach, and horseblanket. Flavor of tart lemons and fresh peaches. Excellent mouth puckering acidity with a dry oak finish. This sour ROCKS!!