Brewed by Loup Rouge Micro Brasseur
Style: German Hefeweizen
Sorel-Tracy, Canada
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Glouglouburp (5934) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 28, 2013
In short: A basic hefe. Clean and well-made but lacking “oomph!”.
How: Tap at brewpub.
The look: Cloudy yellow-blonde body topped by a persistent white head.
In long: Nose is typical timid hefe with mild bananas esters and lemony notes. In mouth the beer has a pleasant velvety texture and lots of soft bubbles. Taste is fluffy banana bread, lots of wheat, a sensation of flour, some dried light color fruits, minimal hops presence. This is not a very flavorful hefe even if it has some corpulence for the style. A not-so-tasty hefe that feels more nourishing than refreshing. Ordinary offering that is helped by the freshness of a brewpub beer. Because I was writing beer notes at the brewpub someone called me a pathetic beer geek, I was so insulted I said “Would a pathetic beer geek have this?” and I showed him a printout of my ratebeer awards page, that really shut him out.