Lovejoys Dreadnought IPA
     click to upload

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 1.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
PorterPounder (5540) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Had on tap at the brewpub - aceofhearts actually had part of my pint and he was astonished that I was able to drink as much as I did! Just wrong all the way around- hard to even label this as a beer - much more akin to a science experiment gone wrong. Color is a murky orange, no apparant aroma. Flavor is hard to describe, but think of Lavoris mouthwash that has gone out of date and you are pretty close. Wrong, just wrong to present to this to the drinking public.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Tap. Fly, you gave this stuff a 3.3?? Are you kidding? It tastes like...well, let’s put it this way. I got a new hot water heater after the old one busted a couple months ago. It came in a big box, so I cut up the cardboard into 3’x3’ squares for recycling, but have been too lazy to actually take it to the recycling center. But this beer gives me an idea: I could put it in the bathtub in my extra bedroom for three months with some water and yeast, call it beer, and sell it at Lovejoy’s.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Pretty good, nice flavor and all, but would say that it’s more like a well hopped pale ale than an IPA. And while decent, with a pleasant body and nice finish - it’s not going to compete with the monster of the same name.