Lovejoys Samsons Best Pale Ale
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 17   MEAN: 2.62/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.65   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
It is a American pale ale, on the dry side and bursting with hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - OCT 2, 2003
They have a cask conditioned version of this as well as the regular draft. Some head and lacing. Color was typical as was the flavor. Hoppy and rather smooth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - JUN 6, 2003
Think some quality control issue might be here, albeit a minor one compared to infection and the like. Meaning I have had more hopped and less hopped versions. This one was on the rather plain side. That said it comes off with a nice floral aroma and slightly fruity flavor and I certainly see it as a simple session ale with a decent working quality. Pert dun good if not great.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Braudog (5752) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2003
Inviting dark orange with nuge poofy head. Had this both on cask and tap. Slight hop character. Reminded me of the best English ales. Very good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2002
Nifty hand-pull tap. So so beer. Kinda reminds me of some of the house cask ales I had in England.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Another not so good beer from Lovejoys. Bursting with hops = barely noticable hops.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAR 22, 2002
After a few sips, I traded this with a friend’s porter. Bursting with hops? Whatever...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - MAR 22, 2002
’Best’??? This was their best? I sure hope not. This stuff blew! Indeed had little hops regardless of what they say. This beer tasted like all of the rest of their stuff. I dont know if I will make it back to Lovejoy’s to try anything more than the 4 I had tonight.