overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Munich, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1116   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
run20six2 (119) - USA - APR 12, 2004
Tried a six pack of this and was very impressed. Seemed like the perfect balance between light and dark. Would definately buy again

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (6046) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 11, 2004
I remember the Miller version of this in the early '80s - we really thought we were being fancy when drinking this! Pours a dark golden color with thin white head - decent lacing. Slight yeasty aroma, not very apparent. Slightly buttery taste with slight hop bitterness with an cloying yeast aftertaste. Othe rthna the yeasty clingy aftertaste, the mouthfeel is decent. Reminds me a bit of some Eastern European lagers. Expected more.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - APR 7, 2004
This has always had much less of a profile than many other German beers down here. It sems tha it is making a bit of a comeback with its availability climbing. Not having attended Dina's party I cannoty comment like others here but to me it is a good example of a Euro lager. I know this has been one of my common comments but it is valid nevertheless, notwithstanding that there is a slightly greater mouthfeel and malt presence in this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
newkai (7) - Syracuse, New York, USA - APR 5, 2004 does not count
Probably one of my favorite mass-produced beers. It's Munich-style, and it tastes like a Munich-style should. I haven't had it in the US yet, it might taste different here. I know it did when it was bottled by Miller.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - APR 2, 2004
Smells like Dina Richeys party in 1989, getting laid on the hardwood floor in the living room at a kegger. As far as I know, it's the best Dortmunder/Helles beer I've had this week.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TBone (13711) - Pori, FINLAND - MAR 31, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2006 Canned (ABV 4,5%)
Typical yellow lager look. Lots of CO2. Small foamy white head. Not much aroma, just some metallic malty tones. Taste is weak also, some bitterness in the finish. This is like another American standard. (3/2/3/2/5 1.5)
Re-rated, can, alc. 4.5% (BB 10/2006)
Pale golden yellow color with good white head. Malty, fruity aroma - a bit like some kind of Belgium ale. Quite carbonated. Fruiy malty flavor backed with decent grassy hops. Hoppy aftertaste. Good malt profile here supported by tasty hops. (4/2/7/3/11 2.7)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
SimonLarsen (210) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 26, 2004
Clear, nice rocky head. Weakish aroma, Flavour is pretty weak. Some malt more hops.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 20, 2004
Deep golden in color wirh a small white lacing around the edges. Aroma is of earthy/spicy hops, mild skunkiness.Clean malt flavor with a dry, bitter,hoppy finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 9, 2004
Hard to tell this beer was a malt. Definately something that I could drink many of. A small head, and pale color. Nothing too special, but it was good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
smoosh (536) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - MAR 2, 2004
Can - not much aroma, a bit of malt. Appearance is of an American Standard. Very pale yellow with a white, white head. The flavor actually surprised me. I was given several of these by a guy at work and did not really like the first several. I was about to drain pour the rest to make room in the fridge and it's been there over a year. However I wanted to rate it first. I left the can out while I was drinking another beer. It warmed, of course. I then noticed a very nice malt sweetness. Still not great, but I think I'll drink the rest instead of dumping it.