Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Munich, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1194   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
RichJ7 (1175) - Cullman, Alabama, USA - JAN 27, 2005
I was very pleasantly surprised by Lowenbrau. I’ve had it before ... YEARS ago ... before I became a beer snob, and liked it. It’s still a pretty good beer. Clear yellow in color, malty aroma wit ha thin white head. Pleasantly sweet malty flavor with a decently hopped finish. Maybe I got a really good bottle, but if this had been a blind taste test, I would’ve thought it a beer of much more prestige. Decent all around and better than most garden-variety imports ... beats the pants off of Heinekin.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (6837) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 22, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2007 I have not had this beer for many years so I had completely forgotten it. I grabbed a bottle out of curiosity but not with much hope in my heart. Sampled from a 12 oz green bottle this beer poured a straw yellow color with a small white head. The aroma is sweet, lightly malty, mildly hoppy and mildly skunky. The flavor is light and a bit thin, with a noticeable sour tang. The beer is sweeter than I expected but has very little flavor of any sort on the finish. At least the skunk that was noticed on the nose was not present on the flavor. A drinkable but nondescript beer. Further proof that the Rheinheitsgebot does not guarantee flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
scotty (1156) - SCOTLAND - JAN 20, 2005
Been a fan of this for years , but availabilty not good in this part of the country. Reading the previous reviews, I’m out on a limb with this one, but this looks fab, pale gold with an attractive frothy, long lasting head. Fantastic mix of malt & hops on the nose, bursting with flavour, very well balanced. Go on treat yourself, a classy brew... in my opinion, and I’m entitled to it, thank you! Available at Safeway/Morrisons.. which is more than can be said for the sadly missed Goose Island IPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
emotv (353) - Izmir, TURKEY - JAN 18, 2005
Golden colour,hoppy on noise continues hoppy taste but clear finish.Used to brewed in Turkiye.But now coming from Germany.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
maeib (8749) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - JAN 7, 2005
Bottled. An almost opaque slightly green coloured lager. The aroma is grassy and buttery. The taste is sweet and malty with a typical lager bite. Not very nice.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
AAO (102) - Næstved, DENMARK - JAN 5, 2005
Golden color, no head. Strange.. No aroma!! Very sour an ugly taste very bad...!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
gjamieson (80) - Canton, Georgia, USA - JAN 1, 2005
Rather boring, pedestrian German import. Why drive a Volkswagen when you can drive a Benz? Highly carbonated, lightly malted Pils clone.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - DEC 17, 2004
God help us, great with steak my a#*, maybe roadkill. How did I make it through my yuppy life with out a smell of this horrific skunk. Anyway the company was much better and it did look nice, but the steak chased it, not vicer versa.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
ALLOVATE (2911) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - DEC 11, 2004
For a brewer who, as far as I new, was part of the six major breweries allowed to serve beer at the Oktoberfest celebrations, this beer is honestly an embarrassment to the said celebrations and the Rheinheitsgebot. Poured a pale straw colour with a dissipating lacey white head. Light, spicy aroma of hops. Light body and flavour, and a short dry aftertaste leave the impression of a typical macro-brewed Pale Lager with no discernible highlights. Bland and boring.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - DEC 5, 2004
thought it was a pilsner too. light body lite malty aroma which reminded me of tomato juice. Malty taste like bread/corn. no hops, slightly skunky.