overall
Brewed by Löwenbräu Munich (InBev)
Style: Dortmunder/Helles
Munich, Germany
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 1181   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hellomynameis (876) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - OCT 15, 2004
I couldn’t detct any aroma on this beer. It was a very clear light golden yellow colour and hade a small ead with okay lacing. It was smooth, a little thicker on the palate. The balance was okay, but it resulted in a slightly bitter ending. The finsih was quick as well.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
badgerben (4806) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Burnt Beer Night: Golden piss. I thought I had tasted some really skunked beers until I had concentrated skunk jizz in a bottle labeled Lowenbrau Original. Sweet Mercy... I refused to finish even one sip.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 12, 2004
Burnt Beer Night: Light Gold Coloring. This is Horrible Stuff. I’d Like to Say it Goes Down Easily Except I Refused to Let it Go Down. Some Hops on the Nose...Very Watery and Stale in Flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
screigh (625) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 10, 2004
I buy this every year around Halloween. Reminds me of my youth. I always forget how bland it is. Poured a typical American (I know its not a US beer) macro color with no head at all. Armoma is almost not there and smeels kind of dirty. Beer is crisp and smooth with a slight coppery taste. This might be good for pounding at the lake but I somehow seem to forget about it until October.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
UNCCTF (518) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Sampled at Charlotte Oktoberfest ’04. I found this to be extremely watery and plain. A decent thirst-quencher, I guess.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
pintbypint (3309) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 8, 2004
500ml can. Gold colour. Initially a good white head with a rocky appearance. Later thinned out to a splotchy thin film. Dryish dusty aroma. Malty body, lightly hopped.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
SDalkoholic (2318) - Linda Vista, California, USA - OCT 6, 2004
This birngs back good memories since the last time i had it which was back in highschool in 98. Your average German import thats a bit lighton malt and hops but still being okay to choose when your options are minimal. Hate the way this looks in a glass and taste. recommended straight out of the bottle or tap.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 4, 2004
Not bad, but almost overly carbonated for my tastes. Nice bitter aftertaste creates crisp feel. Mouthfeel is a little thin. Wish it were a little more interesting flavor-wise, or it would be much better. Nose is malty, slightly hoppy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
madsberg (11283) - Søborg, DENMARK - SEP 29, 2004
Canned: Golden coloured. Clear. Fluffy white medium sized head. Malt and fruitsweetness in the aroma. Light flowery notes as well. Is fresh. Light hoppy, sweet and fruity flavour. Is light spiced. Quite refreshing. Is dry and light bitter in the end. Nice one to a meal.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Damage (77) - London, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 24, 2004
Pours a pale yellow with a foamy head and good carbonation. Malt and fruit nose with hops and bread flavours and nicely balanced bitterness. (500mL can)