overall
Brewed by Labatt Breweries (InBev)
Style: Pale Lager
London, Canada

RATINGS: 181   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.69   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lucky Lager was introduced to beer drinkers in 1934. The name Lucky was selected from a name-search contest. Fully fermented in Bohemian-style tradition and slightly darker in colour than regular brands, Lucky uses select ingredients and hops to deliver a slightly sweeter taste than most lagers.

Short version of the Lucky Lager story: the brand was founded by General Brewing in California. This was folded into a consortium led by three BC breweries. General Brewing later split off from the consortium and was eventually brought into the Pabst fold. The BC breweries later became Labatt's and thus there are two lines of ownership of the Lucky Lager brand. The brand is today more prevalent in Canada, especially British Columbia.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - SEP 30, 2002
Just the name brings back boyhood memories of the original Lucky brewery in Portland...Some traces of the original still remain: the modified "stubby" bottle and the puzzles under the caps...For standard "fizzy" beer, this is better than many...sweet bottom, considerable hop/carbonation bite...some good bang for the buck here...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
uglybastard (101) - Riverside, California, USA - AUG 27, 2002
Sweet corn like nose. Small white head with a yellow, bubbly body. Starts off tasting vaguely like a real pilsner but fades quickly into a watered down sourness. Some extremly faint fruity flavors and a bit of bitterness that I don’t think comes from hops. This lager tastes extremly watered down. I believe it’s worth drinking over a bud, coors, or miller, however.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
iggysam2000 (38) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 20, 2002
Extremely good beer, very cheap just all around good one of the best i’ve had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (931) - Coconut Creek, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2002
Whatever...I must say I was not expecting this to be a good beer. Actually I was expecting this beer to be terrible. To my surprise this brew was smooth, UNSKUNKY, and didn’t really hurt the pocket. I can’t get this beer in the states, but if I could I would actually consider making a Lucky’s drinking night. Nothing special by any means, but hey...I’m not that much of a beer snob yet.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUL 15, 2002
We used to think this was a good deal, until we realized that the bottles are only 11oz, and not 12. Very watery too.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
bigal9699 (152) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 1, 2002
This beer reminds me of college - it was cheap, fairly decent taste, caps flew well for a game of ’caps’ and the puzzles could be turned into all sorts of drinking games. Light and crisp taste - no skunky which is a good thing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - JUN 5, 2002
Nice smooth well balanced lager that goes down easy. Very well priced … also, trying to figure out the puzzles under the bottle cap has always been fun.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 15/20
MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 6, 2002
I got pissed off this stuff a couple weeks ago, pretty easy beer to drink, not filling crisp finish

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - APR 8, 2002
This is a pleasant, light lager that pours with a light yellow color and produces a nice head. It has a fairly sweet, malty aroma . Tastes fine for a mass-brewed lager, with a finish that is a little on the sweet side.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - MAR 21, 2002
I haven’t had this ’beer’ in over 20 years, my dad would give me a daily allocation of 2 if I was doing yardwork as a teen. It was cool to be seen drinking beer in front of your house at 16 and I liked the puzzles.