overall
Brewed by Macs Brewery
Style: Pilsener
Wellington, New Zealand

RATINGS: 115   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Lager and crystal malt. Nelson Sauvin hops for bittering, with more Sauvin and NZ Cascade for aroma.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DKL (46) - NEW ZEALAND - OCT 3, 2013
Stands out among NZ macro brews for reasonable strength of flavour. Hop notes make this more refreshing than most lagers. Very drinkable and fantastic value.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
yungbeerguy (31) - NEW ZEALAND - SEP 7, 2013
A good beer, leaves a bittersweet after taste and has an amber colour to it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MOFO (27) - Melbourne (Prev: Chch, NZ), AUSTRALIA - AUG 4, 2013
Great session beer - on top in NZ there is no peer for a commercial/macro brew. In bottle - it is a bit hit or miss depending on freshness and I think also simply over the itme I have been drinking it (not having a chance to drink this on tap in a while). I loved this back in 2004/5 when I first saw it - drank my body weight of it in Wellington... but fast-forward a few years, and it doesnt seem to be quite as "rocking". Not bad, but I feel they have taken the hops off a bit from those days - or I have moved on to larger IPAs and perhaps need a bit more to be wowed. Anyway, for a session beer I still like it - enough so that I made it one of my beers on offer at my wedding... so I would call that a decent recommendation.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
lisagirl (264) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 2, 2013
from memory, had 18/02/2013. mild hops with very ísubtleí fruitiness over what seems to be a fairly typical mainstream lager to me. awfully refreshing to be sure, and a fair bit better than, say, macís gold, but still pretty bland.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MoleyBub (5) - Alabama, USA - APR 2, 2013 does not count
I think this is my current beer of choice in NZ. I tried it on draught at Auckland airport and many times in bottles. It is very pale colour in pilsener style but thatís where the lager resemblence ends. The strong citrus notes are evident on the nose and on the palate without a great deal of emphasis on the malt as you would expect. If it was less fizzy it would make a good real ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ACD (671) - Dublin, IRELAND - MAR 20, 2013
33cl bottle. Pours watery orange/straw colour with no real head to speak of. Aroma is subtle tropical fruit, lots of grassiness, some cereal and grainy notes. Taste has a fairly sharp (near-metallic) citric bitterness that mellows into softer light tropical notes. Again, cereal and grain come to the fore with some earthy, spicy hops (all fairly subtle). A touch astringent in the finish. Mouthfeel fairly thin. A tasty take on a pilsner; had a sixer of this at a BBQ last summer and it really hit the spot - a proper summer's day sessioner.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
DylansDad (316) - NEW ZEALAND - MAR 14, 2013
I have had 500ml bottle 3 times now. Each time I have been waiting for it to deliver the hops. It doesnít. It does have hops and flavour and it is nice and better than the average mainstream piss etc etc etc, but itís just so god dammed TIMID, lackluster and watery. I do wonder whether the 330ml bottle would be better, but I donít know if I can be bothered finding out now. Thereís just so much GREAT beer around, I canít be fucked with a 50/100 beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Deu (723) - Nantes, FRANCE - JAN 31, 2013
330ml bottle at brewery lane in Dublin. Pale golden color. Taste of hops. Really nice pilsner. I recommend

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beersiveknown (3251) - NORTHERN IRELAND - JAN 26, 2013
Keg at shed 22 Brewbar, Wellington 7/1/13
Mid gold with no aroma, grapey kiwi and lime flavours, lime sherbet in finish. Not really a pilsner but an ok beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kendo (1) - NEW ZEALAND - JAN 18, 2013 does not count
Flavour/aromatic notes as everyone else has mentioned already, a lively drop I am yet to tire of despite it being my go-to drop for a few the last 3 or 4 years now. A steal at <$2/bottle in New Zealand, a pilsener without peer in itís price range with the possible exception of Boundary Roadís Bouncing Czech on special. My local has it on tap too, where it tastes even better?