overall

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 3.48/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
There are three things we have learned to never discuss with people here: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin. But that doesnít mean we canít welcome our own Great PumpCan and sing pumpkin carols and enjoy MadTreeís way of delivering some delicious pumpkin ale flavor right to your gullet.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JaBier (5011) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - DEC 20, 2014
Pint at World of Beer Easton on 12/11/14. Clear reddish copper pour with a medium tan head. Aroma of malt, ginger, cinnamon and brown sugar. Malty flavor with cinnamon ginger and brown sugar with slight booze in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Frank (3015) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2014
This beer has a moderately clever name which caused me some small consternation when looking it up on RateBeer. I blame myself. Overall, itís a decent pumpkin ale, though it is overly strong for no real good reason. It is cloudy orange brown in the glass w/ a remarkably tight-bubbled white head. Cloves hit the nose first when you sniff this stuff but it is done subtly enough that you might be able to believe the aroma is from a Belgian yeast rather than just by throwing cloves in there--maybe. There is a nice caramelly malt character in the background but this is not too sweet, esp. since thereís a good amount of bitterness as well. Actually, Iíd typically think this is too bitter for a spiced beer but it works here somehow. This says itís 7.9% ABV but seems a little stronger than that because I get a hint of alcohol burn on the back of my tongue in the finish, which I would typically never notice.As it warms, that bit of sweetness up front starts to cloy a bit and the beer begins to feel heavy across the palate. I do like the taste of this stuff and had I only rated a small sample, I could see myself putting it maybe just a bit below a four out of five but a whole can of this is just too much for me and I am finding myself really not enjoying the last of bit of my glass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DialSquare (2908) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 27, 2014
5oz draft sampler from Daily Growler, UA: little in the aroma. tastes are faint canned pumpkin that goes in the pies. donít really like the style, so this is actually better for me - but not great example. 6.2

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
StormCoat (110) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 21, 2014
Picked up a six-pack of cans, poured one into a tulip glass. Pours dark, hazy amber color, with an off-white head. Light lacing. Aroma is of nutmeggy pumpkin and some spicy esters. Flavor is fairly sweet and malty (a little soda-like) with the same christmas-spice notes and a mild bitterness. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AWISLguy (1420) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 3, 2014
12oz can from jsquire, thanks Jeff - another interesting can for Perry! Pours orangey-brown with almost no head. Aroma is all allspice. Later down in the glass, there is some other tangy spices, some biscuity malt, and some brown sugar. Taste has strong spices, some brown sugar and some malts. A touch earthy. Medium bodied. Finishes sweet and full of spice. Shrug? Not too pumpkin-y, but definitely spice-herb-y. 13.2

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Lowe1983 (1361) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - NOV 1, 2014
Pours a darker amber color with an tan head. Aroma is light with some pumpkins, only a hint of spices, and some caramel malts. Flavor is stronger with the pumpkins and spices. Finishes with just a hint of alcohol warming. Overall an ok pumpkin beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
shigadeyo (3075) - Harrison, Ohio, USA - OCT 28, 2014
10/28/2014: Madtree Pumpcan... Munich malt, Hawaiian bread crust, roasted caramelized pumpkin aroma. Beautiful amber color with a ruby hue and thin off white crown. The flavor reminds me of a really nice Octoberfest that haa been laced with caramelized pumpkin and some subtle cinammon, ginger, and clove. Medium body, smooth and rich mouthfeel. Iím generally not a fan of Madtree beera, but Iíve really enjoyed the hell out of this beer all season. Iíve has more Pumpcan this season alone than all previous amount of other Madtree beer! Its an absolutely delicious and great beer. Draught (growler fill),

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Patrickctenchi (4070) - Coxís Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - OCT 11, 2014
Can: Hazy, brown/copper with a thick, yellow-tan head. Caramel, pumpkin pie aroma. Taste is an almost bitter nutmeg, pumpkin, Caramel malt, pie crust. Nice, steady herbal bittering. A slight trace of alcohol warmth. A good one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
shrubber85 (7947) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - OCT 10, 2014
Can. Light nutmeg and pumpkin caramel malt aroma. Dark amber with moderate light tan head. Very lightly sweet nutmeg, pumpkin malt, and mildly bitter herbal flavor. Great flavor and minimal sweetness - a nice change of pace.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Chudwick (2209) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - OCT 3, 2014
the can was full, but now itís in a glass. Before, there was no smell of pumpkin and fall spices, but now it pervades my dining room. The smell will eventually be replaced with other smells once lunch gets made. A close smell is metal and clearly I have an aversion for metal in my beer. Despite the aversion, I am pushing on and sipping this beverage. The sip adds caramel and a general maltiness. The experience ends with a slight boozy [insert words], but warms the belly. Before, I was clearheaded, but not even half way through my glass, Iím feeling tipsy. Taste is somewhat balanced but not pronounced. Wife says, "I really like it because itís not too pumpkin-y." To think I somewhat yearned to try this and now Iím feeling disappointed and tipsy with at least ten hours ahead of me. From this mistake I learned to steer clear of this beer. I do not recommend it unless the goal is simply to get wasted or escape your life.