overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 30, 2004
Not too impressed with this beer. There really wasnít much here. Very little aroma and flavorwise it just was not there. This might be a tad overrated here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 30, 2004
This beer poured a very light color like a domestic light beer. The taste was just like a commercial light beer with some fruitness added to it. I was not very impressed with this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
xray (50) - Bloomfield, New Jersey, USA - NOV 28, 2004
Boring and one dimensional. Tastes like a macro with some apricot flavoring added.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
XO (52) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 27, 2004
I had this beer on tap and I really liked it. A very nice aroma with a slight fruit taste. I thought it was peach but my drinking buddy said it was apricot. Light bodied, short, white head. It went down quick so I ordered another!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - NOV 25, 2004
Much much better on tap. I did not like the bottle. I donít care for fruit beers, but this was pleasant. Good color, nice head, Crisp.

JdoubleyouS (82) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 14, 2004
A great beer brought back from Vermont for me. Nice peachy color, light, but full of flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - NOV 11, 2004
A confusing label here. "not quite pale ale" What does that mean? "natural flavor added" Which ones? If you "read" the psychedlic/op-art label, youíll find the image of an apricot. I still donít know why itís called #9.. Peachy color, with a short, white head. Aroma is the very essence of apricots! I read that itís "a pale ale with a spritz of apricot essence." Some spritz! Thatís the cheif aromatic, and flavor, but, I donít mind, I love apricots! Texture is full and welcome. Light body, good hop play on the palate, but very little bitterness. Malt is in adequate supply. A very tasty , bright, delicious ale, that I enjoyed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
GonZoBeeR (2906) - Ste-Eulalie, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 5, 2004
Biere au arome et gout de malt.Legerement houblone.Une pale ale tres simple rien díexceptionnel.Je ne goute aucun gout de fruit ou autre je ne sais pas pourquoi on la classe dans les fruti beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
johnyvt (158) - West Hollywood, California, USA - NOV 3, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2005 A refreshing summer favorite of mine, though an old bottle or keg can really make it unremarkable. Toasty malt mixes with a sweet apricot flavor that would probably be complimented by more of a hop profile. Sometimes finishes a bit stale. Nevertheless, a nice cold #9 really hits the spot on a hot summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - NOV 1, 2004
I have had this a few times, and have been pleasantly surprsed. For a fruit beer it does not come across too sweet, has a nice transition from start to finish. Out of the Magic Hat beers I have tried, I believe this one is one of their better offerings.