overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2184   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MullMan (1099) - New York, USA - MAR 17, 2005
light amber/golden color, light tan head. lemony grassy hoppy aroma and flavor, slight maltyness too. itís funny, I had no idea what style this was going in, and thought the bartender rimmed my glass with lemon without asking. I didnít get the apricot, but Iíll go with it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Huh? Huh? This beer is weird and I donít think I like it. The taste is very fruity. Peach, maybe? Other folks have suggested apricot. either way, this is probably an acquired taste that I have no interest in developing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Papsoe (25074) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 15, 2005
(Bottle 35,5 cl) Unusual brew using English top-fermenting yeast and also wheat. And then itís a fruit beer - I wouldíve guessed raspberries, but it turns out to be....apricot!!! Fully golden, unfiltered with a pretty decent head. Pronounced, dry fruit flavours and almost no sweetness. Well, not a complete pleasure.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Bigbutch10 (6) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2005 does not count
The essence of this beer is directly in its name. I have very little clue why I like this beer that it might possibly be magical. It has a refreshingly fruity taste with a bold accent of a pure pale ale. Its mysterious and impossible to get in my area, but everytime I am in Brooklyn it is my #1 choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - MAR 8, 2005
Pours a clear golden color.Nose is fresh apricots and hops.Thatís right :apricots.Flavor is pretty much cornand adjuncts.Little bit of fruits.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 8, 2005
Iím very surprised that this is ífruit beerí -- what kind of fruit? I donít get it. this is not the best from magic hat, thatís for sure

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAR 6, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2005 Bottle. pours light orange w/ off white head. lots of bubbles. nose is sour peaches, maybe rotten. taste is watery and sour peaches. lacks substance

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
jonas (6079) - Garching b. MŁnchen, GERMANY - MAR 4, 2005
Bottle
Amber, creamy head. Perfumed aroma. Flavor is also overly perfumed, like in soap, strikes me as artificial, grainy cardboard in backgound. Light body. Not my cup of tea

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - FEB 28, 2005
Bottle: Poured light orange with a big off white head. Had at around 55 degrees. Aroma of apricots and peaches, earthy hops. Flavor is all apricot with same earthy hops. Short finish. I thought this was good. I could drink more of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crockett (1031) - Southampton,Ontario, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 22, 2005
One word, Aprihop. Itís better. Sorry, deal with it. Pours deep gold light amber with a short white head. Aroma of barnyard, yeast, peach skins, light hops, toasted grainy malts. Fruit, peach more than apricot, a little licorice. Green hop bitter, sweet sappy resin. Balanced but not very deep in character. Decent.