overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2170   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
creature99 (9) - USA - JUL 29, 2002 does not count
Eventhough my rating is not glowing, I think this is worth a try. I am not a big fan of fruit beers, but this is an interesting one. It is not overly artificial tasting. I think if they used more hops (for both bittering and aroma) this could be good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Wilecat (66) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 29, 2002
I enjoyed this beer, a good beer to drink after trying to pound a pick axe through N Carolina clay in order to get some grass to grow

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
urbanight23 (10) - USA - JUL 17, 2002
A lot of hippies like this beer because it comes from vermont. Get over it. This stuff is horrible, and thats coming from a heavy beast ice drinker. It tastes like it was filtered through some dudes socks after he ran the boston marathon. There are just too many flavors present, and some of those just should not go together.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
P-tor44 (886) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 14, 2002
I bought this buy mistake and was very upset, accidentally placed this in one of my variety packs. sweet fruity and uninteresting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 12, 2002

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
ClarkVV (3902) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 12, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2004 Light, bubbly nose with no hint of. . .anything until the body, which is extremely light and tasteless. I had to stretch to pretend i tasted some apricot. This could be one of the most tasteless yet inoffensive beers. Reminded me much like a cool tasty glass of spring water.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Heresiarch99 (4) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 8, 2002 does not count
Great summery ale - light enough to quench thirst, but rich enough taste to stay interesting. Apricot flavor is subtle, not cloying. Not overly hoppy (so many otherwise great summer beers are just too damn hoppy for me!)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
LordNeuf (136) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2002
I was truly disapointed in this particular beer, much like I am with many ’Magic Hat’ products. I experienced this at a pub the first time. It had a clear golden yellow look to it, and seemed to be much like any other pilsner. And then I tasted it. The beer went down with a subtle hoppy flavor. But the lingering aftertaste of citrus stayed in my mouth and totally overpowered anything beer like on the palate. I took another sip to see if perhaps the beer would be better. Instead the beers flavors blended together and it felt I was drinking a very poor excuse for a hard cider. I handed the glass back to the bartender and told him to pour it out. And that is the first, and only time, I have ever sent back a beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 4, 2002
This beer is OK. I wish it was raspberry instead of apricot - oh well. A good base beer for a fruit beer. Like the IPA, seemed a little overfiltered and lacking body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hopscotch (9858) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - JUL 4, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 16, 2003 This beer rocks. The aroma is of coffee and apricot. A very crisp, dry finish. Yum.