overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2129   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cruz22499 (20) - Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 7, 2001
9 has a unique falvor to that no other beer has. 9 is a beer that I would drink any time. Not because I’m a good custormer of Magic Hat but because I really enjoy this beer. Cheers have a 9...Enjoy!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JessterCPA (130) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - SEP 4, 2001
Good fresh beer from Magic Hat. Label says ’Not quite pale ale’ To me it tastes a little too much pale ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 1, 2001
An adequate, light summertime beer. The apricot flavor just doesn’t do it for me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
fishman (350) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 30, 2001
When I had this it was in and out of the fridge a few times, which I am sure did it no justice, so I will be trying again. But it has very nice peachy/apricot flavors with some spicy, wheatiness to it. Full flavor, even enjoyable when barely cold.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rosendale Brewmeister99 (55) - Rosendale, New York, USA - AUG 29, 2001

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Delbomber (387) - Philadelphia, USA - AUG 28, 2001
Clear orange, with a white quick head and apricot and hops nose, reminding me of Lindeman’s Peach Lambic. Dominant apricot flavor with underlying wheat accompany the sweet, slightly tart taste. Throughout, there is an artificial characteristic I just couldn’t get used to. Good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drb99 (15) - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 16, 2001
I enjoy fruit beers, but the flavor of this one didn’t adequately mask the medium-high alcohol content. There’s certainly a bet of ethanol aftertaste, which is a drawback for me. Drinking beer shouldn’t at all taste like doing shots in my book.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
elish99 (7) - springfield, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
Just a hint of fruity goodness. love it-mean it..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
Stampion (145) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 13, 2001

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
canary dog (655) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - AUG 11, 2001
I’m not a big fan of fruit beers. This is done well, however; it could have been cloying. Still, it’s only an occasional thing to do for me, like once a yr.