overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2086   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
harrymel (1448) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 24, 2013
Thanks to: jenray, SBALDWIN, and Beerindex helping beerthursdays to put some junk in my mouth in my first BIF. And also thanks to Urbancaver for helping me put somebodyís junk inside me... So, I pull this abortion out of the box, only to think, "really you guys, that bad?! Or that awesome?!" Then, I label it with name and person/people I should thank when I taste this junk. Fast forward, I open the mini fridge, whatís next? #9. Itís my second beer of the night, but the number 9 was considered sacred for the Egyptians and Grecians, and is the hour many begin their workday - so I say fuck work, Iím having a sacred beer! Here we go. A: Upon first impression, bottle looks psychedelic, notches indicate this would have been best before 10/2010. After removing the several revolutions of electrical tape from the cap, I pull off the protection of the hat. Standard sounds from something busting open with fluid. So, then I pour this hazy, toasted grain ale into a NB globe. A near single finger of soap sud head dissipates freely and resolves to a thin, broken sheet of the same. No lacing. S: Smells like caramel malt. Yep, thatís about it. Some sweet hues of fruit (over ripened apricots, maybe). But mostly just smells sweet. I think itís funny the label identifies this as an "almost pale ale" when itís a fruit beer from my understanding. Little bits of wood and cardboard breach my nostrils as well. Whatever, bad, not memorable for fucks sake. T: So, I remember this one time when I was younger, and it was the first week of July. I had the chance to spend over $200 on fireworks at the Nez Perce Reservation (in case you donít know, this meant fire hazard level of fireworks). My poor, naive grandma hooked it up. I nearly burned down the forest that dusk, and then when I got home, my mom made me eat dry raw wheat toast (AKA bread). No butter, no nothing. My dirty fireworks hands were dusting the raw toast as I put it in me. So, take that, bottle it, sell it, expire it, send it to me, and thatís whatís in here and now my mouth/throat. Apricots elusive here. M: The beer slides into the breadth of my oral cavity with ease and rolls around with medium body and low carbonation for the style (IMO). Iím no style expert, but this ainít quite right here. D: I could always put the cap back on and send the rest to my BIF target. Who donít like sloppy seconds!? Serving type: bottle 03-17-2011

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Borup (5076) - Albertslund, DENMARK - DEC 22, 2013
Bottle. Golden/amber colour with a white head. Aroma and flavour of malt, spice, fruit and caramel.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Rperez (102) - Florida, USA - DEC 18, 2013
Quirky beer, fruity but with some light hop flavor, very buttery feel with medium body. Interesting beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jmgreenuk (3563) - The Hague, NETHERLANDS - DEC 17, 2013
Bottle from Ales and Lagers, Kuala Lumpur. Poured a clear medium amber with a thin white head. The aroma is big creamy butter and peach. The flavour is light bitter, light sweet with a creamy caramel malt palate. Medium to full bodied with average carbonation. Now I have to say that this was completely unexpected and I really liked this beer. I took a look at some of the other ratings and it was like some people tasted a completely different beer to the one thatís in my hands right now. I donít see why anyone wouldnít love this. Itís different and a little quirky and thereís nothing wrong with that.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
russell1388 (6) - lafayette, Indiana, USA - DEC 17, 2013 does not count
Magic hats #9: not quite a pale ale. Love it. The hops are so subtle and pleasant to where if youíre not a hop lover but want to get more exposure to hops, magic hat brings you in the hoptastic world of beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
ljthiessen (159) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - DEC 16, 2013
Bottle. Golden amber pour with a small, white fizzy head. Malty aroma with lots of apricot, a little citrus and some hops. Flavour is not as sweet as expected, with firm apricot underpinning a decent balance of malt and hops, with just a little caramel. One of the better fruit beers Iíve had, but nothing special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Funkatrocious (84) - - DEC 13, 2013
Pour from bottle. You can taste it in the smell,,, fruity doowop. Sweet and benine, but at the same time pretty damn good for the style. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
k0mpsa (937) - Jšrvenpšš, FINLAND - DEC 8, 2013
Tap at jfk, new york. Clear deep golden color, small white head. Malty aroma with fruits, some berries. Malty body with hint of fruits and berries.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jmcgavin12 (427) - Madison, USA - DEC 8, 2013
Pours an orangish amber with white frothy head. Distinct apricot and malt on the nose with a bit of hop. The flavor is light sweet with a slightly crisp peach finish. A very drinkable and enjoyable beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hiero (127) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 7, 2013
I didnít get a whole lot of taste out of this one. Just mildly fruity. It was pleasant, but not complex, nor did it contain any depth to it. I would drink it again, but probably not go out of my way to buy it again.