Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
njmoons (59) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 15, 2009
I am not a fan of fruit beers, but I have always really enjoyed #9. A great session beer, available all over (at least near me). Pours a orange/brown with a moderate head that dissipates quickly. Smell of malt, and apricot extract. It is a nice balanced mixture of aromas. Taste is a solid pale ale with a hint of apricot that is well in balance. I think most fruit beer have difficulty wiht this balance, I like that #9 is a beer first, with a hint of apricot. Mouthfeel and Drinkability are solid for a session beer. I like these in the summer on the patio at the bar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Suneson (58) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - JUN 22, 2010
Light amber pour with a thin off white head. Subtle hops flavor over powered by caramel and peaches. I hated this beer. I tried to finished it but it just was not my kind of beer. Too much flavor and not balanced well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MonsterMash (58) - North Tonowanda, New York, USA - APR 7, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 Good but I could only have one before the peach drowned out all else. Good with Guinness as a Black and Tan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Touche (57) - New York, USA - APR 29, 2007
This is my favorite brew from magic hat. Smells sweet and fruity. Light color with a small head that goes away fast. This is light, refreshing, and fruity/sweet taste. The flavor dissapears quick, Great beer to drink on a hot day in the shade.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
boisebeer (57) - boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 1, 2012
Had a 1oz sampler at GABF. This was an amazing event this year. Well worth the trip to Denver. Thanks for the condom at the event. I quote "if you knew what we paid for those things you wouldn’t trust them."....NICE.... Lets just say about this beer. Why? Why did I feel compeled to try this beer? Why did they make this beer? see through yellow fruit smell rolling through. Apricot taste but burnt a little. The burnt leaves a nasty after taste. I headed for water after this beer. Sorry guys just not my beer. Serving type: on-tap

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
glider (57) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - OCT 15, 2003
An interesting blend of sweetness + hops. The flavor and pull of the brew was fascinating - it may be the hype but it is a mysterious beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gearwar (56) - Rochester, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 25, 2003
A tasty beer that goes along with all the other magic hat beers. this is the most popular of the magc hat line, although it does have a weird taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SoBloHero (56) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 5, 2008
The first pour gives off a mild apricot smell. The taste has a hit of apricot and other fruits (orange slightly). I love the taste of this beer in the summer. It has a medium body but a nice mild taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
heynik1885 (56) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - MAY 21, 2008
pours a light copperish color, not much head, slight apricot and fruity tase, strong initial bite does not last long, no haze,nice smell,not a bad beer something nice for the summer months

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ucfknightscott (56) - Casselberry, Florida, USA - AUG 2, 2009
Pours a golden orange with a thin white head. Aroma is light with fruit and malt. Drinks fairly smooth with notes of orange, malt, bit of hops, and sugar. Kind of interesting, seems to change with each sip. Not that exciting though. This is my first beer from Magic Hat and really not that impressed. An OK session beer.