overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2227   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 28, 2005
Magic Hat is one of my favorite brewing companies. This is their signature beer and a good choice. A very enjoyable beer to drink.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Casteel420 (59) - Bristol, Virginia, USA - AUG 23, 2006
(bottle) Aroma almost knocked me over or gave me a headache. It tastes more like a fruit beer than a pale ale, with definite apricot-citrus overtones. Overall, a decent beer that I wouldn’t want to drink too much of.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
molsonfan9000 (59) - geneva, New York, USA - DEC 8, 2007
Smell is really sweet and fruity. Pours an almost pink. No head to speak of or lacing for that matter. Tastes alot like the smell, peachy and slightly hoppy but not overwhelming on either note. Dry mouthfeel. Good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
njmoons (59) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 15, 2009
I am not a fan of fruit beers, but I have always really enjoyed #9. A great session beer, available all over (at least near me). Pours a orange/brown with a moderate head that dissipates quickly. Smell of malt, and apricot extract. It is a nice balanced mixture of aromas. Taste is a solid pale ale with a hint of apricot that is well in balance. I think most fruit beer have difficulty wiht this balance, I like that #9 is a beer first, with a hint of apricot. Mouthfeel and Drinkability are solid for a session beer. I like these in the summer on the patio at the bar.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brp10 (59) - USA - JAN 27, 2011
a very unique pale ale. a bit fruity, but not quite. very different than all others.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JonLaRue (58) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - OCT 26, 2014
Aroma is mute of fruit and light of bread. Appearance is typical. Taste is hard to capture. Best explanation is a American Pale ale that has had its hops replaced with fruit and aromatics. The taste of pale fruit & aromatics is the theme here. This brew leaves scents of rose that lingers long on the tongue. Its an interesting experience not sure if I like it or not. Its not my favorite beer by any means but its not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
Suneson (58) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - JUN 22, 2010
Light amber pour with a thin off white head. Subtle hops flavor over powered by caramel and peaches. I hated this beer. I tried to finished it but it just was not my kind of beer. Too much flavor and not balanced well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MonsterMash (58) - North Tonowanda, New York, USA - APR 7, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 Good but I could only have one before the peach drowned out all else. Good with Guinness as a Black and Tan.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Touche (57) - New York, USA - APR 29, 2007
This is my favorite brew from magic hat. Smells sweet and fruity. Light color with a small head that goes away fast. This is light, refreshing, and fruity/sweet taste. The flavor dissapears quick, Great beer to drink on a hot day in the shade.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
glider (57) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - OCT 15, 2003
An interesting blend of sweetness + hops. The flavor and pull of the brew was fascinating - it may be the hype but it is a mysterious beer.