overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beerfinder1 (48) - PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2007
It was ok, not much of a taste to this one. I have been dissapointed on many of magic hatís brews. This one was no exception.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
dwh50 (47) - Clay, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2006
Obviously I did not like this beer. The aroma was reminiscent of lemongrass. A hazy gold color, a decent head, but I did not like the flavor which reminded me of green tea. As far as I was concerned, its strongest point was the palate. If had good mouth feel dispite its flavor. All in all Iíd drink a lite american lager before Iíd drink this again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerBellyOSU (47) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 22, 2007
Mellow golden color, little head. Aroma is lightly fruity, but certianly not as strong as Iíd expect in a pale ale. Too sweet, but I could drink it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rvrndmaynard (47) - Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, USA - APR 25, 2007
On tap at Mile Square in Hoboken. When i was younger, i used to think that i was drinking good beer when iíd get a number 9. Now as iíve gotten older iíve realized that the number nine is ok, but nothing special. The apricot comes out very well, and the pale ale that backs it up isnít too bitter. Not bad, but iíve had way better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jkoch (47) - USA - AUG 4, 2007
On draft at Sam Sneadís. Pours a light orangeish with a small white head. The aroma is fruity. My wife picked up on the apricot right away, without being told that it is made with apricot, but I didnít smell it. Taste is fruity. I was looking for a hoppy finish, but itís just not there. This is a decent beer, but I wouldnít go out of my way to try it again.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
rohash (47) - New York, USA - FEB 24, 2009
Possibly the worst beer Iíve ever tasted. I choked the whole bottle down though as I do not waste beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
spiritsbeerman (47) - Nicholasville, Kentucky, USA - JUN 25, 2009
NOSE: Apricot , pear and grapefruit POURS: Lots of carbonation nice golden color. A 2" head with lots of lacing. TASTE: Wheaty with a nice apricot and pear flavor with little or no hops FINISH: Sweet not much there. A realy nice beer if a fruit ale is your thing. Very light and drinkable.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
kingofthemtn (46) - - DEC 4, 2014
First tasted at Woodyís woodfired pizza in Boston in 1999 the magic of this beer has captivated me ever since. The apricot flavor is just the right amount to be enjoyable and not overpowering. A good beer for a summer day with burgers or pizza. Available in bottles and cans but inside the bottlecaps you get to read funny bits of wisdom with each beer. My favorites: Dogs are King of Everything. Does killing time damage eternity?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pabstsfan777 (46) - Unionville, Connecticut, USA - JAN 21, 2008
Apricot flavored ale. Vary sweet tatse, with same nose. Decent color. Not a fan of flavored beers, but this one is ok. Not the best Magic Hat offering.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BigDaddyBlues (46) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 3, 2007
This is better than the awful Circus Boy but still not a beer I would buy again. Lots of fizz but little taste. I will stay away from Magic Hat in the future.