overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2136   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
PatMac (17) - Wakefield, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Definite aroma of fruit but also dry like a pale ale. I think it tastes better on tap in Vermont obviously. I bought a 9 pack and felt a little cheated when it cost as much as a 12. This is a good tasting beer that is well received at cookouts etc. Don’t hand one to a Bud drinker, you’ll find it abandoned somewhere.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 29, 2003
I never thought of myself as a fruit beer lover, this doesn't change my mind. Strong aroma of apricot, pours to a nice orange/tan color, little head & lacing. The first and subsequent tastes were pleasant enough, though there didn't seem to be any aftertaste. A nice fruity taste that disappeared to nothing. I miss the taste of hops, not a bad beer, but in my book, nothing to write home about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerman08 (17) - USA - DEC 11, 2003
A lot of hippies like this shit, but it's alright if you buy it too. It's a good beer just to sit and chill with, believe me, I ain't no pot smokin' hippie. Pick yourself up a sixer and drink. Peace

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
TirpChirp (17) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 26, 2014
Was very excited to try this beer, but was left disappointed. Reasonably well made with quality ingredients but there are too many competing flavors. You get fruit, grass, dark grain, sour … idk pretty much everything which I don’t prefer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SimsSydney (17) - - APR 28, 2014
Not great for me. I tend to like fruit beers and I honestly wouldn’t have known this qualified as one if not for reading it. I could not taste nor really smell the apricot aromas that this beer is supposed to hold. That being said, it has an okay aroma and taste, nothing that really stands out.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thewired1 (17) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUN 6, 2014
No aroma at all with average appearance on draft. Taste is clean with nutty flavors. Relatively neutral aftertaste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
salishan1969 (16) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2004
This is an interesting brew. I am not a big fan of fruit beers and having said that, this is probably my most favorite. The fruit flavor is well balanced and not sickly sweet. Great label and marketing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dobbs (16) - Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA - MAY 24, 2006
This is one of my favorite standard beers, and I’m so glad it’s finally available in WV! They even just put it on at the Moose in Martinsburg! Refreshing and easy drinking, this is a great session beer, with perfect balance, and perfect lacing, and a great finish!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
smashbros (16) - USA - MAR 6, 2008
An instant favorite. I was so confused and delighted by the apple-orange aftertaste while I was drinking it I had to keep going back for more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Kaizen666 (16) - , New York, USA - AUG 28, 2008
Tap. gold color, white head. Nice fruity aroma, but the apricot flavor is a bit too strong for my liking. I’ll save that sort of intensity for fruit tarts and jams. Apricot aftertaste makes me yearn for a shot of Jameson afterwards, which may not be a bad thing depending on the setting. Give this to a date who ’doesn’t want to drink’ heavy beers.