overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2086   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
ted99 (10) - USA - DEC 5, 2001
The aftertaste keeps you going for more

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
urbanight23 (10) - USA - JUL 17, 2002
A lot of hippies like this beer because it comes from vermont. Get over it. This stuff is horrible, and thats coming from a heavy beast ice drinker. It tastes like it was filtered through some dudes socks after he ran the boston marathon. There are just too many flavors present, and some of those just should not go together.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Timbowl2 (10) - USA - APR 6, 2004
Mysterious indeed. Has a unique fruity part too it, unlike most any other. Very refreshing, not too heavy at all. The aroma is stupendous, giving off a very sweet scent.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JenT (10) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 3, 2004
I love this beer!! A summer favorite if I lived on the East Coast. It blows the pants off any apricot brew I have tasted. It is a perfect blend of hop and apricot AND itís above 5%. A bit yeasty and stronger fruit than malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MrKrinkle (10) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 29, 2008
Fruity taste, very nice plate to it. A very interesting ale. Crisp finish. Good stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lessthanrick (10) - Livonia, Michigan, USA - JUL 13, 2008
This is an awesome brew. It is clean on the palate and has a very subtle hint of apricot. It is ultra smooth and is one of my favorite beers that is remotely east to find.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
theteniron (10) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 18, 2009
After a recent trip to Vermont Iíd have to say this beer would have to have the least amount of character out of all of them. Itís ok but the dried apricot notes overwhelm.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
thomasmmc (10) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 11, 2010
Draught in Mass Krugís at Studio Square and many other places. This beer is dangerously drinkable and is a very safe choice to keep you drinking. It lacks any major elements to make it an amazing choice, but is a popular choice for me and friends.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AirWolfie (10) - Alabama, USA - AUG 9, 2011
A really great beer. Great aroma and taste. When I feel I want a whole six pack to satifisfy my craving for the taste of pale ales, this is my go to. Great smooth taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ashleysp916 (10) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2013
I tried this beer with my boyfriend out of a whim at a local bar in Waynesburg one Thirsty Thursday when we asked the bartender to bring us two different beers that no one else ever ordered, and fell in love. It was sweet, it was tart, it was dark and strong and so much better than whatever beer the bartender had given me, which I canít even recall the name of because it was so bad. We ended up buying a six-pack of it for a party the previous week and needless to say, this beer played a huge role in my Drew Bearís and mine relationship and Iím in LOVE.