overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
emancomeith (8) - - FEB 20, 2011 does not count
This beer is great.When I took my first taste of this I thought good-nothing special.Then the fruity taste came in on the end and it became my favorite beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
CrimsonSamurai (8) - - JUL 4, 2013 does not count
Overall this is one of the best beers out of the hundreds I have tasted. While complex with hints of apricot this beer is able to maintain a smooth taste. The aftertaste is pleasant and leaves you wanting more. A perfect beer for those who do not like a traditional beer taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
scbysnax (8) - - JUL 15, 2013 does not count
Lots of flavor. Hops did not over power the fruit. Would not want to drink several in a row.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beercocinero (8) - San Sebastian, SPAIN - FEB 15, 2014 does not count
Nose had hints of berry fruit that were pleasant. Thought the mouth would prove something reminiscent but was very perfumed and fruited. Unbalanced. Palatable but not intriguing ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
elish99 (7) - springfield, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
Just a hint of fruity goodness. love it-mean it..

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brodieman99 (7) - Ellicott City, Maryland, USA - OCT 29, 2001 does not count
I have fond memories of this beer because I got a keg of it for my high school graduation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
massurfer (7) - winter springs, Florida, USA - JUL 16, 2006 does not count
Since I live in Florida i have not been able to try many Magic Hat beers but when vactioning in Virginia i had the oppurtunity to try this one. This tops my list of fruit tasting beers with the hint of apricot. Great thirst quencher and perfect for after dinner. I just wish i could get my hands on some since i only got to try it once!! Is there anyone who has access to this willing to do a trade???

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mattan (7) - New York, USA - NOV 28, 2007 does not count
Quite fruity, nectar taste. Overall, not too spectacular, but certainly different from other beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 3/20
tubbypgh (7) - mckees rocks, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2008 does not count
i am not a fan or fruity beers so this one was not up my alley, very aromatic with lots of flavor but not to my liking

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
andrewpbennett (7) - Florida, USA - JAN 1, 2010 does not count
Weird aroma and taste. I wasn’t a big fan. From the bottle. Won’t have it again.