Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2192   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
salishan1969 (16) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2004
This is an interesting brew. I am not a big fan of fruit beers and having said that, this is probably my most favorite. The fruit flavor is well balanced and not sickly sweet. Great label and marketing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dobbs (16) - Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA - MAY 24, 2006
This is one of my favorite standard beers, and Iím so glad itís finally available in WV! They even just put it on at the Moose in Martinsburg! Refreshing and easy drinking, this is a great session beer, with perfect balance, and perfect lacing, and a great finish!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
smashbros (16) - USA - MAR 6, 2008
An instant favorite. I was so confused and delighted by the apple-orange aftertaste while I was drinking it I had to keep going back for more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Kaizen666 (16) - , New York, USA - AUG 28, 2008
Tap. gold color, white head. Nice fruity aroma, but the apricot flavor is a bit too strong for my liking. Iíll save that sort of intensity for fruit tarts and jams. Apricot aftertaste makes me yearn for a shot of Jameson afterwards, which may not be a bad thing depending on the setting. Give this to a date who ’doesn’t want to drink’ heavy beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
ALavery03 (16) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 16, 2010
Magic Hat #9 is good for sitting at a bar with some good people or in the backyard having a barbecue. Itís not the best beer in the world, but itís tasty and refreshing. Pours orange, aromas of apricot and malts, subtle apricot flavor and a hint of bitter on the finish. I wouldnít go out of my way to find it, but would definitely drink it it was available. Last had it on tap at Big City in Allston, MA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
burkyburk (16) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2011
I smelled and tasted apricot. A very refreshing beer to say the least. Nothing amazing, but good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beckerboy (16) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 6, 2011
Purchaed a keg of this. My wife loved it and so did her friends. I thought is was okay. The mild apricot flavor is not really my thing. It is very refreshing and is a well made beer for itís style. Nice head and aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
HoppyBrewnette (16) - - JAN 11, 2013
Beautiful lacy head. Aroma: Apricot-peach mixed with something not so nice. Something about the smell, itís like cooked meat. Taste: apricot, peach, grapefruit and just a touch sour. Aftertaste lightly lingers. Now 1/4 gone... Canít get myself to finish it ... Too many great beers out there to be consuming this ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
drb99 (15) - Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 16, 2001
I enjoy fruit beers, but the flavor of this one didnít adequately mask the medium-high alcohol content. Thereís certainly a bet of ethanol aftertaste, which is a drawback for me. Drinking beer shouldnít at all taste like doing shots in my book.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
aceboxer (15) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - JUN 17, 2004
Color is murky gold, nose is very strong, flavor is distinctive, fruity essence with a distinct flavor, finish is much more subtle than taste for a nice well rounded beer.