overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
KarMa0ne (5) - USA - DEC 26, 2004 does not count
Gold pour , typical head after aggresive pour. Sweet apricot nose; hops faint. Smells like fruit. Good carbonation. Malty start, sweet wheat, apricot finish, with noticible hop character. Palate is nothing special. Not a hearty beer, yet it is not refreshing. Good festival beer, good drink all day at a cook out, or at bonnaroo.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BeerPharaoh (5) - Hackensack, New Jersey, USA - MAR 30, 2005 does not count
I truly enjoy Magic Hat #9. The subtle hints of apricot make this a great warm weather drink. Since I spend a lt of time in Vermont I can drink this a lot and I do.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bisgute (5) - USA - AUG 23, 2006 does not count
Good but not great. I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. I can’t even really taste the apricots that much. It is definitely more like a lager to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mtrojano (5) - USA - JAN 7, 2007 does not count
What I like most about this beer is its clean aftertaste. Apricot taste was a bit strong for me at first, but it slowly settled. Great on a hot day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tommyboy20585 (5) - North Potomac, Maryland, USA - JAN 13, 2007 does not count
Aroma of caramel, nuts, white foam. Clear, dark amber appearance with hints of red. Flavor explodes with heavy sweetness- great for one pull - maybe two. Wouldn’t drink it all night. Delightful dessert or a starter beer. Full body, flat, long finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
richguerin (5) - Elkton, Maryland, USA - JUN 12, 2007 does not count
Nothing to write home about. Not a beer I would look for, but I wouldn’t turn one down.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bullishjim (5) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 26, 2008 does not count
Pours a slightly cloudy medium gold. Thin head. Slightly fruity aroma. Dry and a bit fizzy on the tongue. A pretty decent beer which I may have enjoyed more with an orange slice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
willie_mo (5) - Ohio, USA - MAY 10, 2010 does not count
I have always been a fan of a citrusy beer, and this is one of the best I have had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ndean (5) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - JUN 24, 2011 does not count
not a great beer by any stretch, come on now it is a note quite pale ale with apricot? It is not my cup of time, but I could see some "alternative" beer drinkers be into this type of thing

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hswood (5) - Pennington, New Jersey, USA - AUG 10, 2011 does not count
A beautiful ale with hints of apricots! Best when chilled, and in a glass.