Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2238   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
lordsummerisle (18) - New York, USA - JUN 20, 2009
Very light beer with taste of pear, apricot, and faint hops. Nicely carbonated. Definitely a unique brew and totally drinkable, just nothing special in my mind.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hades665 (18) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - APR 3, 2010
Color is a ver nice shade of gold. The smell is fruitty, apricot and perhaps some lemon. The taste likewise leans the way of fruit "apricot". Light body, very easy drinking. Very little hop presence. This is a very easy drinking beer that I intend to enjoy more of this summer as I relax on my deck.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Kevinkarpiak (18) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 30, 2010
A fine beer, but nothing to write home about. If it were the one microbrew amongst a selection of macro’s, I take it for sure. Most likely it’d be outshone by something else

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tkerin (18) - USA - SEP 22, 2011
I still think this is a great beer. Sure, it’s a little bland, and fruity, but it’s a nice beer to have on hand for the girls

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
bloodnok (18) - USA - NOV 12, 2011
far too fruity, nasty in fact. was hoping that a beer that hinted at being a pale ale would be nice and bitter not sweet and fruity. tasted of raspberries, something that i like on its own but not in my brews. won’t do this one again ...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
wlittle (18) - Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 25, 2013
Bottle to glass at room temp. Overly carbonated which spoilt any flavour! You can taste the apricot which was kinda nice. Bit of a metallic finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
cgil68 (18) - - AUG 20, 2016
Bronze copper in color. Pours with a tall head spicy aroma. Lot of malt fruit not an ipa. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 29, 2003
I never thought of myself as a fruit beer lover, this doesn't change my mind. Strong aroma of apricot, pours to a nice orange/tan color, little head & lacing. The first and subsequent tastes were pleasant enough, though there didn't seem to be any aftertaste. A nice fruity taste that disappeared to nothing. I miss the taste of hops, not a bad beer, but in my book, nothing to write home about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerman08 (17) - USA - DEC 11, 2003
A lot of hippies like this shit, but it's alright if you buy it too. It's a good beer just to sit and chill with, believe me, I ain't no pot smokin' hippie. Pick yourself up a sixer and drink. Peace

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
PatMac (17) - Wakefield, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Definite aroma of fruit but also dry like a pale ale. I think it tastes better on tap in Vermont obviously. I bought a 9 pack and felt a little cheated when it cost as much as a 12. This is a good tasting beer that is well received at cookouts etc. Don’t hand one to a Bud drinker, you’ll find it abandoned somewhere.