overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2227   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
PatMac (17) - Wakefield, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Definite aroma of fruit but also dry like a pale ale. I think it tastes better on tap in Vermont obviously. I bought a 9 pack and felt a little cheated when it cost as much as a 12. This is a good tasting beer that is well received at cookouts etc. Donít hand one to a Bud drinker, youíll find it abandoned somewhere.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bclasen (17) - USA - OCT 29, 2003
I never thought of myself as a fruit beer lover, this doesn't change my mind. Strong aroma of apricot, pours to a nice orange/tan color, little head & lacing. The first and subsequent tastes were pleasant enough, though there didn't seem to be any aftertaste. A nice fruity taste that disappeared to nothing. I miss the taste of hops, not a bad beer, but in my book, nothing to write home about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerman08 (17) - USA - DEC 11, 2003
A lot of hippies like this shit, but it's alright if you buy it too. It's a good beer just to sit and chill with, believe me, I ain't no pot smokin' hippie. Pick yourself up a sixer and drink. Peace

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thewired1 (17) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUN 6, 2014
No aroma at all with average appearance on draft. Taste is clean with nutty flavors. Relatively neutral aftertaste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
salishan1969 (16) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2004
This is an interesting brew. I am not a big fan of fruit beers and having said that, this is probably my most favorite. The fruit flavor is well balanced and not sickly sweet. Great label and marketing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Dobbs (16) - Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA - MAY 24, 2006
This is one of my favorite standard beers, and Iím so glad itís finally available in WV! They even just put it on at the Moose in Martinsburg! Refreshing and easy drinking, this is a great session beer, with perfect balance, and perfect lacing, and a great finish!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
smashbros (16) - USA - MAR 6, 2008
An instant favorite. I was so confused and delighted by the apple-orange aftertaste while I was drinking it I had to keep going back for more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Kaizen666 (16) - , New York, USA - AUG 28, 2008
Tap. gold color, white head. Nice fruity aroma, but the apricot flavor is a bit too strong for my liking. Iíll save that sort of intensity for fruit tarts and jams. Apricot aftertaste makes me yearn for a shot of Jameson afterwards, which may not be a bad thing depending on the setting. Give this to a date who ’doesn’t want to drink’ heavy beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
ALavery03 (16) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 16, 2010
Magic Hat #9 is good for sitting at a bar with some good people or in the backyard having a barbecue. Itís not the best beer in the world, but itís tasty and refreshing. Pours orange, aromas of apricot and malts, subtle apricot flavor and a hint of bitter on the finish. I wouldnít go out of my way to find it, but would definitely drink it it was available. Last had it on tap at Big City in Allston, MA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
burkyburk (16) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2011
I smelled and tasted apricot. A very refreshing beer to say the least. Nothing amazing, but good.