overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2172   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
thomasmmc (10) - New Jersey, USA - JUN 11, 2010
Draught in Mass Krug’s at Studio Square and many other places. This beer is dangerously drinkable and is a very safe choice to keep you drinking. It lacks any major elements to make it an amazing choice, but is a popular choice for me and friends.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AirWolfie (10) - Alabama, USA - AUG 9, 2011
A really great beer. Great aroma and taste. When I feel I want a whole six pack to satifisfy my craving for the taste of pale ales, this is my go to. Great smooth taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
museparade (9) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 14, 2011 does not count
Probably my favorite Magic Hat beer, but unfortunately that’s not saying too much. It has a slight bitterness to it which puts me off, but the citrus flavor somewhat balances it out.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Skii617 (9) - Everett, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 1, 2012 does not count
Funky tasting brew. Soft palate with subtle citrus undertones. Copper in color, maybe even in taste. Not my favorite?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hayden (9) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUL 27, 2010 does not count
Nice Apricot beer, . pours orange with white head, caramely aroma leads to orange apricot apple touches. Nice and refreshing, could drink multiple, fruity but not too too much.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
JabberJenn99 (9) - Maryland, USA - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
If you know someone who doesn’t like experimenting with beers, this is a good one to start off with. Light and fruity, this is a funky brew that can make any chick feel like trendy starlette.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
creature99 (9) - USA - JUL 29, 2002 does not count
Eventhough my rating is not glowing, I think this is worth a try. I am not a big fan of fruit beers, but this is an interesting one. It is not overly artificial tasting. I think if they used more hops (for both bittering and aroma) this could be good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BadGasAssMan (9) - USA - MAR 22, 2003 does not count
So tasty! Pretty light compared to the other MH brews, but the apricot flavor just makes the beer so enjoyable, any time of the day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
weare138 (9) - Pleasantville, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2006 does not count
This beer looks really good but has little aroma and the only flavor I could make out was the apricot.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Chedda (9) - USA - MAR 2, 2008 does not count
This beer was an extreme let down. I had high hopes since I’ve heard great things but honestly the flavor was just lacking. the appearance is great and it is certainly appealing but the taste has that "commercial" lightness to it that I can’t stand. Also the fruitiness wasn’t balanced well at all.