overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2158   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
aderr (8) - USA - JUN 22, 2010 does not count
Apricot was too overpowering for me here. It smelled good, but the easiest way to explain it was a strong overtone of apricot, almost started like juice, then tasted of a beer with nothing special to offer, then after i swallowed i forgot what the beer tasted like because the apricot took over once yet again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
emancomeith (8) - - FEB 20, 2011 does not count
This beer is great.When I took my first taste of this I thought good-nothing special.Then the fruity taste came in on the end and it became my favorite beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
scbysnax (8) - - JUL 15, 2013 does not count
Lots of flavor. Hops did not over power the fruit. Would not want to drink several in a row.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
lanceballance (7) - USA - JAN 21, 2011 does not count
Very fruity aroma....very interesting. Pours clear amber, with a light head. Almost too sweet...but addictive. Lots of fruit flavor....almost beers equivalent of Juicy Fruit gum. Clean on the palate. Not an everyday beer, but unique.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
elish99 (7) - springfield, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
Just a hint of fruity goodness. love it-mean it..

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brodieman99 (7) - Ellicott City, Maryland, USA - OCT 29, 2001 does not count
I have fond memories of this beer because I got a keg of it for my high school graduation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
massurfer (7) - winter springs, Florida, USA - JUL 16, 2006 does not count
Since I live in Florida i have not been able to try many Magic Hat beers but when vactioning in Virginia i had the oppurtunity to try this one. This tops my list of fruit tasting beers with the hint of apricot. Great thirst quencher and perfect for after dinner. I just wish i could get my hands on some since i only got to try it once!! Is there anyone who has access to this willing to do a trade???

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mattan (7) - New York, USA - NOV 28, 2007 does not count
Quite fruity, nectar taste. Overall, not too spectacular, but certainly different from other beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 3/20
tubbypgh (7) - mckees rocks, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 24, 2008 does not count
i am not a fan or fruity beers so this one was not up my alley, very aromatic with lots of flavor but not to my liking

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
andrewpbennett (7) - Florida, USA - JAN 1, 2010 does not count
Weird aroma and taste. I wasn’t a big fan. From the bottle. Won’t have it again.