overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2119   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
LIbeerboy (2) - USA - SEP 14, 2009 does not count
On tap at LA Tavola in Sayville. Always a good go to beer when the craft selection is low. I can drink this all day long.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
orion2598 (2) - USA - OCT 28, 2009 does not count
Draught. Golden yellow with little to no head. Fruity sweetness dominates, a little too sweet for my liking. No obvious flaws, but not my favorite.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
zkascak (2) - Ohio, USA - JAN 12, 2010 does not count
As a vary light aroma, a hazy golden color with minimal head, that has a very sweet apricot taste

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dmaar (2) - USA - AUG 5, 2010 does not count
Bottle - Poured light gold and perfectly clear. Small white head made of large bubbles and no retention. Very fruity aroma. Tastes the same as it smells, but with almost no bite. Where I expected there to be sweetness there was almost none. Slight hoppy bitterness in aftertaste. A great summer beer, almost certainly brewed by hippies. Love the label art.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
superrust (2) - USA - JUN 25, 2012 does not count
Decent thin head. malty aroma. amber in color. malty flavor, heavier then I was expecting. Unique but smooth and refreshing. Good for a warm day or an end of day snacker.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Doorman84 (2) - - JUL 2, 2012 does not count
Floral, leather, earthy, butterscotch, banana, apricot, citrusy, it gets you pretty smashed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jbzielin (2) - Michigan, USA - JUL 4, 2012 does not count
Interesting enough I disagree on the style of this beer. First I would consider this in more of a weaker golden ale. There is some kind of fruit note whether it is apricot as others have noted or grapefruit as my palate identifies. Regardless I would buy it again but not in larger quantities because it’s something to pick up in the Summertime when sick of all of the lighter-wheat offerings, but not a "go-to" option. The "not so pale ale" and "Fruit-beer" labels are way of the mark.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
3Strikes (2) - Bensenville, Illinois, USA - JAN 13, 2013 does not count
Interesting... an ale described as a mystery beer? I tasted a fruity wheat beer more than an ale but it did have some characteristics of an ale. I believe Magic Hat collaborated a fruity wheat beer with an ale and this is what you get. A beer that makes you wonder if you’re drinking an ale or a wheat. I tasted Apricot and Peach flavors.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jordang87 (2) - Frisco, Texas, USA - MAY 28, 2013 does not count
Color is a yellow gold. Sweet fruity smell. Tastes as sweet. I thought berry initially but I can confirm others reporting apricot. Clear with no sediment. Good carbonated freshness. Definitely a good summer beer. If you prefer more of a fruit beer this might be a good craft beer to get you away from the Michelob flavored variety. Overall I enjoyed it. Will probably get more in the future so my wife can try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Rderr27 (2) - Madison, New Jersey, USA - AUG 14, 2013 does not count
An initial fruit flavor. I can’t place the fruit, but it’s a summery fruit a sort of peach but not quite. It finishes lightly bitter but not that strong pale ale flavor. This was the first beer I drank growing up that wasn’t coors or natty. It always brings back good memories of summer relaxing. Overall a good beer to sit out on a summer day and sip on.