Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2193   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
elish99 (7) - springfield, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 14, 2001 does not count
Just a hint of fruity goodness. love it-mean it..

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
brodieman99 (7) - Ellicott City, Maryland, USA - OCT 29, 2001 does not count
I have fond memories of this beer because I got a keg of it for my high school graduation.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
massurfer (7) - winter springs, Florida, USA - JUL 16, 2006 does not count
Since I live in Florida i have not been able to try many Magic Hat beers but when vactioning in Virginia i had the oppurtunity to try this one. This tops my list of fruit tasting beers with the hint of apricot. Great thirst quencher and perfect for after dinner. I just wish i could get my hands on some since i only got to try it once!! Is there anyone who has access to this willing to do a trade???

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JMFS (6) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAR 29, 2007 does not count
Perhaps my initial impressions are frought with overly fond memories of the Brooer’s Tent at Bonnaroo, but I have found this offering to vary widely in bottled form. The latest batch, to which I attest was purchased in Pittsburgh and traveled overland back to Cleveland (thanks Whit), where it was quickly imbibed. A quickly dissolved head punctuates the sweet fruity aroma. The apricot is distinctive, but not overbearing. It has an extremely smooth mouthfeel, which only improves through mid-bottle as it perceptibly warms. Fond rememberances aside, this is a great moderately priced specialty style that I hope makes its way into Northern Ohio soon.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BonedrySaint (6) - New York, USA - JUL 6, 2007 does not count
I have heard of wine snobs, but beer snobs? You guys, if it’s not an Imperial or some craft beer, it’s not good. For those who like a good beer, #9 does the job. It’s a hate it or leave it taste, for sure, but it’s a quality brew. There’s a decent aroma off the tap, and IF POURED RIGHT, a good head. I love how guys complain about a lack of head you blame the beer. The palate is light at first, then kicks in with a nice finish. Excellent beer that stands out compared to other fruit beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aaron19 (6) - montville, New Jersey, USA - FEB 1, 2008 does not count
Excellent! A great suprise for its friendly price. Hazy with a good initial taste and a better finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
awharr02 (6) - USA - DEC 30, 2008 does not count
The best thing about this brew is it’s color. Pretty hard pour into a tulip glass and not much of a head and what was there didn’t last. Thin mouthfeel, flavor and aroma of apricots, which i didn’t particularly like. Not enough hops for my taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
smith28 (6) - Baden-Württemberg, GERMANY - APR 2, 2010 does not count
This is not a typical American Pale Ale but goes down easy and is perfect for a summer day. You can smell and taste pear on the nose and palate, and the finish is enjoyable. It’s easy to drink and not heavy, perfect for a lazy Saturday late afternoon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Slush99 (6) - USA - MAR 9, 2002 does not count
It was ok for a change of pace. Definatley not a favorite beer, more of a novelty

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Bigbutch10 (6) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 14, 2005 does not count
The essence of this beer is directly in its name. I have very little clue why I like this beer that it might possibly be magical. It has a refreshingly fruity taste with a bold accent of a pure pale ale. Its mysterious and impossible to get in my area, but everytime I am in Brooklyn it is my #1 choice.