overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2227   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AirWolfie (10) - Alabama, USA - AUG 9, 2011
A really great beer. Great aroma and taste. When I feel I want a whole six pack to satifisfy my craving for the taste of pale ales, this is my go to. Great smooth taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ashleysp916 (10) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 5, 2013
I tried this beer with my boyfriend out of a whim at a local bar in Waynesburg one Thirsty Thursday when we asked the bartender to bring us two different beers that no one else ever ordered, and fell in love. It was sweet, it was tart, it was dark and strong and so much better than whatever beer the bartender had given me, which I canít even recall the name of because it was so bad. We ended up buying a six-pack of it for a party the previous week and needless to say, this beer played a huge role in my Drew Bearís and mine relationship and Iím in LOVE.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
museparade (9) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 14, 2011 does not count
Probably my favorite Magic Hat beer, but unfortunately thatís not saying too much. It has a slight bitterness to it which puts me off, but the citrus flavor somewhat balances it out.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Skii617 (9) - Everett, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 1, 2012 does not count
Funky tasting brew. Soft palate with subtle citrus undertones. Copper in color, maybe even in taste. Not my favorite?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
makomike (9) - Tennessee, USA - APR 3, 2013 does not count
Citrus, floral............................................

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
JabberJenn99 (9) - Maryland, USA - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
If you know someone who doesnít like experimenting with beers, this is a good one to start off with. Light and fruity, this is a funky brew that can make any chick feel like trendy starlette.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BadGasAssMan (9) - USA - MAR 22, 2003 does not count
So tasty! Pretty light compared to the other MH brews, but the apricot flavor just makes the beer so enjoyable, any time of the day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
weare138 (9) - Pleasantville, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2006 does not count
This beer looks really good but has little aroma and the only flavor I could make out was the apricot.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Chedda (9) - USA - MAR 2, 2008 does not count
This beer was an extreme let down. I had high hopes since Iíve heard great things but honestly the flavor was just lacking. the appearance is great and it is certainly appealing but the taste has that "commercial" lightness to it that I canít stand. Also the fruitiness wasnít balanced well at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hayden (9) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUL 27, 2010 does not count
Nice Apricot beer, . pours orange with white head, caramely aroma leads to orange apricot apple touches. Nice and refreshing, could drink multiple, fruity but not too too much.