overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2236   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 5, 2006
How on earth did I never rate this beer, despite seemingly having a fridge full of them at all times? The reason I always have #9 around is because I don’t like it that much, and I buy the variety cases and this beer is always the last to go. I would compare this beer to a lead-off hitter that strikes out too much. This could be an effective "specialty" beer, but it doesn’t work for me as the flagship beer of Magic Hat.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
allfreej (555) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - APR 16, 2006
On tap. Never choose a beer with the word "mysterious" in the first sentence of its description. Disappointing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
optemoz (171) - Apex, North Carolina, USA - AUG 21, 2006
Bottled -Tried this.. its my 1st Magic Hat brew.. and let me just say I HATE APRICOT BEERS!! not a good mix.. why the hell is it so popular? anyways.. smells and tastes of apricots. with a slight hop finish.. not getting this again

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - OCT 2, 2006
Bottle drank at the RFD with Ungstrup Golden color, light head, some lacing. Nose is sweet, malty, the flavor is fruity, lots of apricot, a fairly bland and somewhat tart extract type of beer. Not what I was expecting with so many flashing cool neon signs around with this logo on it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Kaya161 (1128) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 7, 2001
By far Magic Hat’s worst offering. The apricot flavour is over powering.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
JabberJenn99 (9) - Maryland, USA - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
If you know someone who doesn’t like experimenting with beers, this is a good one to start off with. Light and fruity, this is a funky brew that can make any chick feel like trendy starlette.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
creature99 (10) - USA - JUL 29, 2002
Eventhough my rating is not glowing, I think this is worth a try. I am not a big fan of fruit beers, but this is an interesting one. It is not overly artificial tasting. I think if they used more hops (for both bittering and aroma) this could be good.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
CapFlu (5101) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 4, 2003
(Bottle) Must have got a bad bottle? Strange aroma... hops but some odd Hawaiian Punch additive. Pours copper with dissipated white head. Finishes dry. Average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2003
Not too impressed with this one. Tasted like a pale ale with a slight hint of apricots. Some apricots in the nose. Overall not too much goin on here.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - JUL 1, 2004
I think they call this their IPA. Very bland and average. It’s like the lite beer of craft beers. I’m glad I didn’t pay for it, the magic hat rep did.