overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2136   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 2, 2003
I did not know that this was classified as a fruit beer, If i knew that from the start, I might have had a better opinion of it. Aroma was fruity and floral, definately apricot. Taste was an odd mix of a pale all with artifical flavoring. I think this beer is riding on a marketing fad and will not stand the test of time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - JUL 21, 2004
not much of an aroma, the flavor is slightly sour, there’s nothing special with this beer

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 30, 2004
Not too impressed with this beer. There really wasn’t much here. Very little aroma and flavorwise it just was not there. This might be a tad overrated here.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - JAN 30, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2005 Fruit beers are not my thing, so I will say that I tried to like it an failed. The pour was kind of weak because there was no head. In the flavor I picked up a fig newton flavor which was kind of interesting. The mouthfeel was fine. This beer was just not my style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
paul9639 (116) - New Hampshire, USA - APR 24, 2005
Aroma is fruity. The appearance is light amber, with a thin head. The flavor is cmildly hoppy, with hints of apricot. It is pretty good, but the appearance and flavor seem fake and forced. I used to love this beer, before I knew good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
patrick767 (3571) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 17, 2006
bottle - Pours orangish with a thin head. The aroma is of apricots and a little malt. Yep, this seems to be another apricot beer. It’s my second, and left me more convinced that apricot is not a flavor that typically goes well with beer. What you’ve got is a too thin beer with apricots (extract?) thrown in the mix. It finishes crisp and I suppose refreshing, but I’m just not into the flavor and thinness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
brigg (512) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 21, 2006
(bottle) Hazy golden orange body with a airy white head that diminishes fairly quickly. Aroma is powerful - I thought oranges and then raspberries, but the bottle says "brewed with the essence of apricots", and maybe that’s it. Hops are also present in the aroma. Up to this point everything was good, but I was very disappointed when I took a sip. Not as sweet as I expected, slightly bitter, but overall devoid of any real flavor. It was also very thin on the palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
AlKHall (161) - West Hartford, Connecticut, USA - OCT 27, 2006
Very interesting flavor. Mostly apricots and peaches. Golden appearance a little syrupy and sweet. Not bad, but not smtg to drink too much of....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SwillNoMore (105) - USA - JAN 6, 2007
Bottle, from mug. Hazy, very pale yellow body. Airy white head dissipates rather quickly; fair lacing. Aroma of...apricots, naturally. Mouthfeel is light and thin, if a tad sticky, with minimal carbonation. Flavor is sweet, sweet and more sweet. Finish is sweet again, but a lone hop manages to poke it’s head momentarily above those sticky waves, before finally going under. Not being a fan of "additive" beers, I expected to have to force this down, but it was actually pretty refreshing. That doesn’t make it beer, however. It’s a refreshing, alcoholic fruit beverage.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
CelticBrew (792) - The Crystal Coast, North Carolina, USA - JUN 26, 2007
Pours medium amber, aroma of malts, apricots and spices. Flavor is of a mild apricot and malty character. The flavor reminds me of a bitter, but without the carbonation and hoppy bitterness. Its an OK beer, but I wont drink it again, besides, I’m not a big fan of "fruit" beers.