overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2108   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Never has a beer’s aroma made me pour it out. I do not want to describe this catastrophe, for fear of reliving it. The flavor was sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2005
Robe blonde claire surmontée d’une mousse généreuse qui s’estompe lentement en dentelle. Arômes de pain et de malt. Âcre au goût, elle n’affiche que peu de richesse... et ou est le goût d’abricot???

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerlover82 (220) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2006
Light golden-amber with minimal head that fazes out quickly. OK lacing, with aroma of fruit and sweetness. Taste is sweet and fruity(maybe apricot???), a little thin-bodied. Not too impressed, as I am not a fan of fruit beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2006
My god; this was horrible. Admittedly I was too impatient and didn’t let this warm up beyond about 42 degrees, so maybe it would have been wonderful warmer, but I almost gagged when I swallowed the first mouthful. I tried one more to see if I could come up with some descriptive terms to use here, but it wasn’t worth trying any harder. Fruit? Didn’t smell or taste any. Mostly tasted like a bad American Pale Ale to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
omhper (19192) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 30, 2006
[Bottled at Stockholm Beer Festival] Hazy golden. Rich apricot jam aroma. Sweet with rounded mouthfeel. Not sticky, but soo much apricot jam that it covers everything else, turning out one dimensional.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Mads Langtved (2245) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAY 21, 2004
This apricot ale is a bit artificial. Tastes of iron. A sweet taste, but not like beer. More like soda.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
CamdenD (1059) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 23, 2004
Umm... I liked this beer in high school -- that should tell the whole story. Interesting beer to show someone who doesn’t think you can add apricot to a beer. Just don’t have them expect it to taste that good. No hops to speak of, relatively light (drinkable), reminded me of a beer-spritzer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
JoshuaB (474) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2005 Good beer. Sampled this at Coventry. Very refreshing, could drink 10 of these on a hot day. Has a nice hoppy undertone with apricot citrus accents. Not very sweet, which is why I liked it. Nice crisp hoppy aftertaste. Good sipping or pounding. I changed my mind. This is pretty bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
tbookman (618) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2005
Amber color with a thin head. Aroma of wheat and apricots. Funky, sour fruity flavors with notes of wheat and a little hops. Texture is a little grainy. Just a strange concotion that didn’t really do much for me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
HogTownHarry (6042) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - OCT 29, 2005
Bottle (12oz). Shared with blankboy, GregClow and tupalev - out of 2005 Magic Hat 12-pack. Poured clear light copper with a thin wispy white head. Aroma of vegetal malt, a tad uriney, with notes of wet newspaper-wrapped dog and very slight stale hops. Taste hit me immediately of microwave "buttered" popcorn, which was weird to say the least. Flat and thin mouthfeel. As I finished my sample I decided that overall I didn’t loathe it as much in toto as each of the parts would lead me to think.