overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2129   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Never has a beer’s aroma made me pour it out. I do not want to describe this catastrophe, for fear of reliving it. The flavor was sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - FEB 5, 2004
This wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Fruity with a crisp finish. If I wanted alcohol in my fruit juice I'd make a mixed drink...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2005
Robe blonde claire surmontée d’une mousse généreuse qui s’estompe lentement en dentelle. Arômes de pain et de malt. Âcre au goût, elle n’affiche que peu de richesse... et ou est le goût d’abricot???

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerlover82 (220) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2006
Light golden-amber with minimal head that fazes out quickly. OK lacing, with aroma of fruit and sweetness. Taste is sweet and fruity(maybe apricot???), a little thin-bodied. Not too impressed, as I am not a fan of fruit beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2006
My god; this was horrible. Admittedly I was too impatient and didn’t let this warm up beyond about 42 degrees, so maybe it would have been wonderful warmer, but I almost gagged when I swallowed the first mouthful. I tried one more to see if I could come up with some descriptive terms to use here, but it wasn’t worth trying any harder. Fruit? Didn’t smell or taste any. Mostly tasted like a bad American Pale Ale to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
omhper (19321) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 30, 2006
[Bottled at Stockholm Beer Festival] Hazy golden. Rich apricot jam aroma. Sweet with rounded mouthfeel. Not sticky, but soo much apricot jam that it covers everything else, turning out one dimensional.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
alexanderj (3311) - Branson, Missouri, USA - JAN 10, 2007
Light gold color. Aroma and taste are much of the same; apricot perfume. Watery and thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Nephilium (1347) - Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2007
This pours a clear amber, with almost no head, and leaving little lacing behind. The aroma is sweet, with a hint of hop behind it. It has a hint of fruit to the flavor, but that’s it. Overall, a beer I truly am disappointed in, I picked it up because it was labeled "not quite a pale ale"... it’s anything but a pale ale. And one I will avoid in the future.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - APR 20, 2007
From the spring 12/pack. Compared to the 60-winks all I can ask is "what did they do different?’ What a waste of hops. NO aroma or flavor, maybe some mild British "must " hop in the aroma but that is rally reaching. NOt much of a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pabstsfan777 (46) - Unionville, Connecticut, USA - JAN 21, 2008
Apricot flavored ale. Vary sweet tatse, with same nose. Decent color. Not a fan of flavored beers, but this one is ok. Not the best Magic Hat offering.