overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2188   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Never has a beer’s aroma made me pour it out. I do not want to describe this catastrophe, for fear of reliving it. The flavor was sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - FEB 5, 2004
This wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Fruity with a crisp finish. If I wanted alcohol in my fruit juice I'd make a mixed drink...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2005
Robe blonde claire surmontée d’une mousse généreuse qui s’estompe lentement en dentelle. Arômes de pain et de malt. Âcre au goût, elle n’affiche que peu de richesse... et ou est le goût d’abricot???

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerlover82 (220) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2006
Light golden-amber with minimal head that fazes out quickly. OK lacing, with aroma of fruit and sweetness. Taste is sweet and fruity(maybe apricot???), a little thin-bodied. Not too impressed, as I am not a fan of fruit beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2006
My god; this was horrible. Admittedly I was too impatient and didn’t let this warm up beyond about 42 degrees, so maybe it would have been wonderful warmer, but I almost gagged when I swallowed the first mouthful. I tried one more to see if I could come up with some descriptive terms to use here, but it wasn’t worth trying any harder. Fruit? Didn’t smell or taste any. Mostly tasted like a bad American Pale Ale to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
omhper (21279) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 30, 2006
[Bottled at Stockholm Beer Festival] Hazy golden. Rich apricot jam aroma. Sweet with rounded mouthfeel. Not sticky, but soo much apricot jam that it covers everything else, turning out one dimensional.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
FatTony (175) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - AUG 16, 2008
12 ounce bottle- poured out dark yellow with a white head. Aroma was all fruit, all the time. The taste was really overwhelmed by the fruity sweetness of this brew. Not something I would buy again, but I’m looking forward to the rest of the Magic Hat offerings.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Dredd (722) - Bentleigh, AUSTRALIA - APR 11, 2009
Wild berry confection aroma. Appearence is copper with a nice creamy head. Flavour is sweet strawberry and cream. All in all a bit ho-hum

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Mads Langtved (2244) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - MAY 21, 2004
This apricot ale is a bit artificial. Tastes of iron. A sweet taste, but not like beer. More like soda.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
CamdenD (1113) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 23, 2004
Umm... I liked this beer in high school -- that should tell the whole story. Interesting beer to show someone who doesn’t think you can add apricot to a beer. Just don’t have them expect it to taste that good. No hops to speak of, relatively light (drinkable), reminded me of a beer-spritzer.