Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2192   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 15, 2002
Never has a beer’s aroma made me pour it out. I do not want to describe this catastrophe, for fear of reliving it. The flavor was sweet and pleasant.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
daalamar (405) - new albany, Indiana, USA - FEB 5, 2004
This wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Fruity with a crisp finish. If I wanted alcohol in my fruit juice I'd make a mixed drink...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 12, 2005
Robe blonde claire surmontée d’une mousse généreuse qui s’estompe lentement en dentelle. Arômes de pain et de malt. Âcre au goût, elle n’affiche que peu de richesse... et ou est le goût d’abricot???

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
beerlover82 (225) - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2006
Light golden-amber with minimal head that fazes out quickly. OK lacing, with aroma of fruit and sweetness. Taste is sweet and fruity(maybe apricot???), a little thin-bodied. Not too impressed, as I am not a fan of fruit beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 9, 2006
My god; this was horrible. Admittedly I was too impatient and didn’t let this warm up beyond about 42 degrees, so maybe it would have been wonderful warmer, but I almost gagged when I swallowed the first mouthful. I tried one more to see if I could come up with some deScriptive terms to use here, but it wasn’t worth trying any harder. Fruit? Didn’t smell or taste any. Mostly tasted like a bad American Pale Ale to me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
omhper (21755) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - SEP 30, 2006
[Bottled at Stockholm Beer Festival] Hazy golden. Rich apricot jam aroma. Sweet with rounded mouthfeel. Not sticky, but soo much apricot jam that it covers everything else, turning out one dimensional.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
pabstsfan777 (46) - Unionville, Connecticut, USA - JAN 21, 2008
Apricot flavored ale. Vary sweet tatse, with same nose. Decent color. Not a fan of flavored beers, but this one is ok. Not the best Magic Hat offering.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Chedda (9) - USA - MAR 2, 2008 does not count
This beer was an extreme let down. I had high hopes since I’ve heard great things but honestly the flavor was just lacking. the appearance is great and it is certainly appealing but the taste has that "commercial" lightness to it that I can’t stand. Also the fruitiness wasn’t balanced well at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
FatTony (175) - Augusta, Georgia, USA - AUG 16, 2008
12 ounce bottle- poured out dark yellow with a white head. Aroma was all fruit, all the time. The taste was really overwhelmed by the fruity sweetness of this brew. Not something I would buy again, but I’m looking forward to the rest of the Magic Hat offerings.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Underhook (162) - Lincoln Park, New Jersey, USA - SEP 28, 2008
Pours very pale, not much aroma going on here. Taste matches it, super weak and watery. Not really too much here, this is a non-beer. There is some fruit there, but it’s so weak and in the backseat that I can’t even really tell what it is. Ratebeer calls this a fruit beer, but in my experience with it there isn’t enough fruit taste here to give it that title. Pale ales like Stone and Sierra Nevada have more fruit punch than this brew. Pass on this one.