overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2136   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
MaltedBayerl (1) - - JUL 6, 2013 does not count
I never buy beer that has natural flavor added to it. It consistently tastes artificial to me. On the Magic Hat #9 six pack, it doesn’t mention the natural flavor. It was only when I got home and pulled out a bottle that I discovered it on the label. Nasty. Apparently it’s apricot. I felt deceived.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 1/20
ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 21, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 1, 2004 This is the worst beer i’ve ever had. Forget the mich ultra this is worse...the fruity apricot taste is so overwhelming i cant tell if i’m drinking beer or not. I drank about 3/4 of it and dumped it out, which is sad because I wont even dump out a beat light. I’ll be a happy man if i never have to drink this again. The only redeeming qualities i could find were the witty things written under the cap, and that it felt pretty good in my mouth.

rohash (47) - New York, USA - FEB 24, 2009
Possibly the worst beer I’ve ever tasted. I choked the whole bottle down though as I do not waste beer.

wildkatz64 (2) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 6, 2012 does not count
Thought I was ordering a pa. Wow, couldn’t be more wrong. It tasted like a sorry excuse for an apricot fruit beer.

EvanFriend (307) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 25, 2013
Overpowering apricots, nothing to balance it out. This beer is just awful. Strictly for college girls who "don’t normally like beer....but this is ok". If that’s not you, stay away.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
stison42 (318) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - MAY 29, 2006
Orangish coloring. It tasted like apricots and grass, I don’t want to drink apricots or grass and that is what this was. Horrid, the worst beer I have ever had.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
hayseo (24) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - MAY 22, 2013
Amber colored sewer water. It looks look beer but it is not. ..

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Cbuk1013 (243) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 23, 2013
Bad beer. Even worse company. The lawsuit is ridiculous. They should care about the taste of their beer more than ridiculous lawsuits.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 5, 2002
hippie lovin crap

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
patrickerdner (5) - - AUG 3, 2012 does not count
Our local pub added this to their beer cruise so I had to drink one. I was hopeful based on a 3 rating. I dont know where these ratings come from but this beer was horrible. It tasted like someone dumped an ashtray in a beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone