Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because thereís never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - DEC 26, 2002
I just didnít like this one. Maybe Iím not a fruit beer fan.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
hopnpop (72) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 4, 2004
Been to a hair salon lately? I think this beer was too. The aroma reminds me of hair dye and perfume. Unfortunately, it tastes like hair dye too. Perhapo I had a bad bottle. Regardless, Iíll leave this one for the stylists to enjoy. Yuck!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
valejo (81) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAR 17, 2005
Huh? Huh? This beer is weird and I donít think I like it. The taste is very fruity. Peach, maybe? Other folks have suggested apricot. either way, this is probably an acquired taste that I have no interest in developing.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
BT (123) - Westchester, Illinois, USA - AUG 12, 2005
Come on, you call this beer? Magic Hat has been a continual disappointment. Very little to none on aroma and flavor. Nothing distinct at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
harmfuldrunk (288) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2006
apricoty aroma watery finish almost more like jail juice than an actual beer not the worst thing that hit my lips

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dcswirl (13) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2008
Nice apricot flavor to start, finishes a tad bitter. Interesting, just not my taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
NachlamSie (3060) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 19, 2009
Bottle best before December 31, 2009. I hadnít had this beer in quite some time before last week. I was horrified upon drinking it again and logged on to ratebeer immediately to ensure that I didnít give it a very high score and to re-rate with a vengeance. As it turns out, I never entered a rating for it. In order to be as fair as possible, I walked away from #9 knowing I had two more bottles in the fridge to let off some steam and revisit this on another occasion. Itís been a week and here I am again with a clear head, clean palate, and a sort of open mind. Boy, this stuff smells bad. Lots of apricot, which I donít like at all in the first place, and loads of steamed veggies are in the aroma. It smells kind of like candied yams, water used to steam cauliflower, and apricot juice. The flavor is displeasing to me, perhaps not as much as the aroma. Tons of apricot again with steamed vegetable juice abound. The finish is especially vegetal. The saddening experience just compounds with every sip. There is no way I can get through a bottle, hell not even half a bottle. Damn you Magic Hat!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
ExpendableHero (794) - Florida, USA - FEB 21, 2010
A golden/orange hue to this one, on tap at Yard House. The smell is a bitter fruit type of aroma. Pours smooth with some lacing at the top. Tastes like a mixture of citrus and biter floral hops. Too much of the latter for my taste. Intriguing name though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
aderr (8) - USA - JUN 22, 2010 does not count
Apricot was too overpowering for me here. It smelled good, but the easiest way to explain it was a strong overtone of apricot, almost started like juice, then tasted of a beer with nothing special to offer, then after i swallowed i forgot what the beer tasted like because the apricot took over once yet again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Gustav1996 (333) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - AUG 16, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2010 Poured a clear, pale yellow/gold with a white film for a head. Average Pale Ale aroma with some peach (and apricot maybe) added. Taste was the same: faint hops, peach. Thin body, bland finish. I get a headache from this beer every time I try to drink a bottle (bought a 6-pack... just like a mark). This is why I donít like buying 6-packs blind. Overall: not much here,