overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 2177   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Apricot flavouring
A Beer Cloaked in Secrecy An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A beer brewed clandestinely and given a name whose meaning is never revealed. Why #9? Why, indeed. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there’s never been anything else quite like it. Fermented with our 150 year old strain of top-fermenting English yeast.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - JUL 30, 2002
tastes like perfume

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cobra (1100) - - DEC 5, 2003
12 oz. brown long-necked bottle. Best by end of July, but no year noticed. Clearly, this beer is old, and I mean really old. Poured out a light amber color, with no head, and very little carbonation. Nothing in the way of aromas stood out to me, except that damned Ringwood yeast. This may have been a decent beer if they'd change to an American ale yeast, but as it is, it's just plain nasty. Tasted stale, no fruitiness, no hops, no nothing. Stale is the word. A certified drain pour if ever there was one. Good thing I only bought one to try it out, because I'd be mad as hell if I had a six pack of this pig swill to get rid of.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
tcfishler (65) - USA - DEC 12, 2006
Moderately cloudy amber-tinted orange. Offwhite head makes a brief appearance. Soft, simple, inviting but dry nose that suggests apricots and flowers. Initial flavor replicates aromas but then diffuses disappointingly fast, becoming watery and almost flavorless, leading to a very halfheartedly bitter finish. Not much going on in this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2008
WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO FLAVORED PALE ALES----I step away to study for my PHD and when I get back this crap is being sold as a luxery beer AND to top it all off it is really nice looking and taste like air freshener----I am going back to my guinness

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - DEC 13, 2011
Bottle. Pours clear golden with a white head. Aroma is like beer soaked clove cigarette butts...not good! Flavor is a jumbled mess of spices and fruit which somehow partially works but mostly fails to impress. I am very tempted to drain pour this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
tia (1126) - Sandston, Virginia, USA - APR 6, 2012
Bottle. I never liked this better much. It is nice looking- hazy amber with a voluminoushead. Smells dirty and kool-aidy. Tastes kind of pop corny and dirty. Sweetness which hangs around.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
LordNeuf (136) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 7, 2002
I was truly disapointed in this particular beer, much like I am with many ’Magic Hat’ products. I experienced this at a pub the first time. It had a clear golden yellow look to it, and seemed to be much like any other pilsner. And then I tasted it. The beer went down with a subtle hoppy flavor. But the lingering aftertaste of citrus stayed in my mouth and totally overpowered anything beer like on the palate. I took another sip to see if perhaps the beer would be better. Instead the beers flavors blended together and it felt I was drinking a very poor excuse for a hard cider. I handed the glass back to the bartender and told him to pour it out. And that is the first, and only time, I have ever sent back a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAR 6, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 3, 2005 Bottle. pours light orange w/ off white head. lots of bubbles. nose is sour peaches, maybe rotten. taste is watery and sour peaches. lacks substance

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
docsteigs (542) - Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2007
Rare to find a beer I wouldn’t try again but I’ll avoid this one in the future. Not opposed to fruit flavors but this was like someone poured apricot juice into my pale ale. No thanks.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
oldrinkin (3) - rocky point, North Carolina, USA - JAN 20, 2008 does not count
Unfortunately I did not enjoy this brew, weak aroma, nice color, poor flavour blaahhh finish!!!!