overall

RATINGS: 740   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Hi.P.A. is a medium-bodied groove with a fresh and fruitful nose of tympanic temptation. It begins and ends with a big hop bite that is itself forever balanced on the brink by a steady rhythm of malt. Dry-hopped for extra quenching in the face of heat and beat, it’s an ideal accompaniment to chilling out, turning inward or sailing onward through the music of the night toward the dawn of the mind. It’s the liquid way to say be here now lest you never come this way again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SoBloHero (56) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 5, 2008
As a fan of IPAs, this brew from Magic Hat really got me interested. It has a very strong hop taste, and it definately made me a fan the first time I drank it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rahmdog (55) - Durham, New Hampshire, USA - OCT 4, 2010
Beer pours a hazy light golden color with a light white head. Aroma is of citrus and floral hops with something strange in the background. Taste is a big green wall of hoppiness, mostly citrus and floral. There is a sweetness of malt and maybe something else that persists through the weak bitter. This is a different but good IPA that is better than past Magic Hat offerings.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Apellonious (53) - USA - JAN 11, 2007
UPDATED: APR 14, 2007 12 oz bottle, 12 pack from the Teeter...Pours smooth, with a decent creamy head. Smell of the grassy hops. Taste....IPA all the way.. Dry, crisp, hoppy, yet balanced well. Citrus, there is some citrus in there. Sharp (not 60 winks sharp) mouthfeel, but again, it is balanced with some malty smoothness. It has some kick to it. (6.8%). This beer holds together well. Although not my favorite IPA (Dogfish’s), this I would recommend. I now realize that I am happy that I have two more of these. (Bring on the six packs, please).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Golden-orange with a small white head. Spicy and fruity scented. Medium bodied, lightly carbonated. This is bitter, but not much in the way of armoa hops. This isn't very malty either. It's just not as assertive as other IPAs as I thought it would be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
sgallant (49) - USA - MAR 28, 2008
This is a refreshing middle of the road IPA. It has a good balance of malt, hops and alcohol. This is one of my favorite Magic Hat brews.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Davin (48) - Vermont, USA - FEB 21, 2008
Aroma is floral and earthy with a hint of fruit although I couldn’t say which. This beer isn’t very complicated in terms of body, but it practically pours itself down your throat. The drawback is that I detected a little bit of skunky taste that I normally associate with BMC beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
bryanm18 (48) - Burgettstown, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 25, 2011
My first and only IPA. I can honestly say it was way too bitter for me to enjoy. I will be trying more in the future and my opinion may change.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ironicmedic (48) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 10, 2013
Tasted from bottle, from variety pack. 8/10/13. A nice ipa with a medium hop finish. Piney smell to it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
schlitzfaced (46) - Ohio, USA - AUG 23, 2013
poured from bottle out of ""night of the living dead variety pack". yellow hazy color with thin white head. Aroma is light hops with dry lemon taste. Not the big Hop bite I was looking for. Not bad, just so so. Love a lot of other Magic Hat stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AmyGinger (43) - USA - FEB 22, 2010
Decent start, nice smell and looked nice in the pour. Taste was good but not great, just not a great balance of the citrus flavors and the hops.