overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 246   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Red Irish rising, sweet loam of the moor, Slowly, so slowly we watch the art of the pour. Born of the gas whose molecules dance. Born of the flow of a dense liquid trance Feeding the head, feeding the heart Humble Patience is the place we start How long is the ride? How traveled the road? What do we bring to lighten the load? Humble Patience is the thing The ripe revelation that waiting will bring, Humble Patience... How long does it take for soon to be now? OUR IRISH-STYLE ALE POURS SLOWLY, ITS DARK GARNET-RED COLOR CASCADING INTO A RICH, THICK, CREAMY HEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU WEEP WITH JOY.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
stephen (308) - California, USA - JUL 4, 2002
Part of a 9 pack sampler of 3 beers. Drank 2 months before the recommended by date. Good color and aroma is very inviting, however the flavor and aftertaste were a little bitter and astringent for my tastes. It grew on me slightly as I drank the second bottle of three.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
NeroFiddled (105) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 29, 2002
Nice caramel and light chocolate aroma with a touch of grassy hop. Very, very deep copper color. Creamy mouthfeel. Full toasty malt flavor well backed by hops. Finishes with a long lingering malt character. Smooth. Nice. Fairly complex character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Steak (124) - New York, USA - APR 14, 2002
A great red shaded color. Aroma was strangely both sweet and citric, but balanced. Taste was malty and creamy to start with just a hint of hops at the end, very nice. So smooth and incredibly easy to drink. Very impressive.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 13, 2002

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2002
Great creamy, malty taste with a nice head and body. Yummy!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2002
RERATE: I liked this beer much more the 2nd, and 3rd time. I find the mild palate and flavor very appealing. The beer is creamy and malty, with a clean hoppy finish. Nice beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Very nice brew. A little on the bitter side but nice flavourful malts to make up for it. Creamy palate, dry finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Aubrey (3451) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 12, 2002
In the honor of St. Pat’s day - which is quickly approaching - I thought I’d make this one my 500th (not only that, but it looked lonely in my fridge... and it just happened to be the 500th one that I put out of its misery). Turned out to be my favorite Magic Hat, as of today (haven’t had Ravell yet). Real nice candy-apple-red color with a creamy head that leaves behind some rather interesting lace patterns. Nose is sweet and spicy. Flavor is rich and toasted. Mouthfeel is smooth and easy to swallow. Zingy hops seem to complement the malts very well. Not my favorite style, but pretty good stuff. Now, just about 20,000 more to go...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 15, 2002
Beautiful color and decent creaminess. A bit of a syrupy finish tainted it for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Great head, and a nice dark color even from the bottle. Has a nice palate and good flavor. Very suprising beer, I would definitely drink it again!