Magic Hat Humble Patience

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 245   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Red Irish rising, sweet loam of the moor, Slowly, so slowly we watch the art of the pour. Born of the gas whose molecules dance. Born of the flow of a dense liquid trance Feeding the head, feeding the heart Humble Patience is the place we start How long is the ride? How traveled the road? What do we bring to lighten the load? Humble Patience is the thing The ripe revelation that waiting will bring, Humble Patience... How long does it take for soon to be now? OUR IRISH-STYLE ALE POURS SLOWLY, ITS DARK GARNET-RED COLOR CASCADING INTO A RICH, THICK, CREAMY HEAD THAT WILL MAKE YOU WEEP WITH JOY.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drowland (5980) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - AUG 11, 2011
8/11/11. 12oz bottle. Dark brown pour, clear red under light, with a small off-white head that fades fast with no lace. Roasted caramel aroma with a touch of coffee and selzter water. Fairly decent flavor of caramel, roasted malts, some floral aspects, and a touch of coffee, but it seems watered down and a bit over carbonated. Could be worse, I suppose.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MarkBarnes (375) - Waterville, New York, USA - AUG 9, 2011
Aug. 9, 2011; 12 oz. bottle from Magic Hat sampler 12-pack. Vaguely "stouty" aroma. Heartier than the well-known Smithwick’s; darker than the average "red". Trying to rate to style, but find this pretty boring & watery nevertheless.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
dnstone (2127) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 8, 2011
Rich amber color with decent lacy head. Of course the nose and flavor are malt dominated. Caramel, hinting at roastiness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jtd6628 (357) - North Carolina, USA - AUG 6, 2011
Good beer. Darker than it is red but there is still some red there the flavors are malt and roasted nuts.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
alobar (2715) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2011
Resurrected from retirement. Pours a reddish copper color with a caramel malt, roasted malt aroma. Flavor has caramel malt up front with some roasted malt and hops at the back end. Decent beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jtclockwork (7899) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2010
UPDATED: AUG 3, 2012 Very nice very dark reddish pour. Nose and taste is a pleasant roasted malt, bitter hops. Rated 6/22/02 Originally 4.1

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
yobdoog (1888) - Woodridge NY, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Had this a while ago side by side with a Killians because that is my bros gf’s favorite. This was a bit thinner and not as much hops. Not bad. Red color, aroma has some faint hops and burnt caramel. Flavor is light with an earthy quality.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
smcolw (530) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 9, 2009
Dark, but clear. The color is a reddish dark, dirty copper. A nice head with some slippery lace. Crystal malt sweetness in the aroma with some cocoa notes. Very light hop touch. Some mild coffee flavors that give way to a bitter hop aftertaste. Relatively two dimensional in my opinion. Tastes good and is very quaffable. Interestingly, my initial impression is that this is a thin beer, but as I hold the liquid in my mouth, the consistency thickens up.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
changeup45 (1715) - Mount Dora, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2008
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2008 Pours a dark color which is almost black with red highlights. Very rich texture, medium head and a lot of lace. Rich chocolate, smokey taste to it with some bold, maybe not so fresh coffee. A slightly bitter finish. Not quite what I thought it was going to be. Glad I tried it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerbill (3324) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 23, 2008
As I mentioned in my review a couple of days ago of Burger Classic, I’ve been cleaning and organzing part of my basement and building shelves for my beer cellar. A nice dividend was paid this morning in the form of discovering lost reviews I had written. While I still can’t find my review of SPH RIS, at least I can add these now. Here we go...

12 oz. bottle consumed October, 2003. From my old notes...Pours a mostly clear reddish brown with a medium sized off-white head. Pleasant aroma of lightly roasted malt and nuts. The flavor is similar. Medium bodied.