overall

RATINGS: 176   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.71   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Single Chair celebrating the uniqueness of the Mad River Glen Cooperative Ski Area in Vermont. Medium bodied and ideally balanced for all tastes, Single Chair Aleís tempting light golden color, heady aroma and smooth liquid go down effortlessly and often!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SkyHigh420 (12) - USA - MAR 22, 2009
This is a gret beer for what it is. This is an easy drinking light Ale. this was brewed for the MRG ski area and is served on tap there, meant to be cold and refreshing after a hard day of skiiing which is does, and well.

Miamihitman (4) - - FEB 4, 2011 does not count
One of the harder to find selections made by Magic Hat, this beer is always a "comfort ale" that I have enjoyed while in Vermont. It has a clean crisp taste that falls in line similar to Magic hat #9ís style. I like the "amberish" color and the medium size head of Single Chair. Great taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
michaelm18 (118) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 17, 2002
A little sweet and very refreshing. Magic Hat continues to surprise me with great tasting beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
RIXbeer (102) - USA - AUG 22, 2005
I canít get this beer in Mass. I drive 3+ hours 3 or 4 times a winter for this stuff (and some feast of fools of course). This is one of my faveís. I think itís like a #9 without the fruit but still slightly sweet. Great atsing, refreshing and worth the drive (for 20 growlers, thank you!).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rastacouere (6122) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 5, 2007
Several months old. A magnificient pour showcasing a thick, very frothy, rocky white head that keeps being replenished by natural and healthy carbonation. Hazy rather pale golden hue. It is beyond me how this came about being a winter seasonal, but struck me as what would make a terrific summer seasonal. Excellently extracted grainy, hay-like, strawy, fresh malts procure a firm cerealic feel in mouth. Medium bodied and displaying a belgianesque carbonation. Not very hoppy at this age, but still gently floral and softly spicy. More surprising is the Ringwood yeastiness that has just a soft buttery note to an otherwise rather estery, fruity flavour profile. Very coherent Ringwood+malt combo, delicately done. Felt more of a belgian ale to me and very drinkable at first, though I must confess I grew a bit tired after my first glass, but thatís probably just because Orval was following. Very fine stuff imo.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
LinusStick (2819) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 27, 2011
Wow! I LOVED this beer. Aroma was nice. Light pilsner malt with a hint of graininess. Pour was a nice light gold with plenty of rising bubbles and a one finger white head. Taste was delicious! Nice a sweet with light pilsner malt, sweet sugar and a hint of spiciness. Nice strong carbonation. Very delicious beer! Canít understand why a cream ale would be a winter seasonal, though. I would buy this all summer long.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 17, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2005 Magic Hat Beer Tasting, Brighton, MA -- I was totally unimpressed by the boring yellow color. Almost cringing, I lifted it to my nose and was greeted by a bright and fruity aroma. Curiously, I lifted it to my lips and experienced a strong bitter attack that spread into a much broader, mild finish. The bitter linger at the end sat far back on the tongue. Not bad at all.

Experienced again in 2005 from the bottle, it was a less thrilling experience, however.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 11, 2004
An interesting beer. Pungent, and very much with ale bite, but light tasting at the same time. Easily drank, a good round overall. Kind of a translucent appearance. Youíre not getting the general Magic Hat fruitiness you get with other of their beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - NOV 5, 2004
Sampled @ brewery. Bright gold color with a fluffy head. Aroma is malt, butterscotch and yeast. Taste is slightly hoppy but clean. Finishes strong. Nice tasting for what it is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
notalush (4795) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 13, 2009
Growler - kind of odd for a winter seasonal, but, as I am drinking it in late spring, itís quite appropriate for this particular moment - pours a crystal clear gold, with a soapy ring of lace - aroma of bready character, light spicy hops, and underlying notes of honey and vanilla - quite light, but it has a creamy texture in the mouth - crisp, dry, somewhat spicy hop character bookends the flavor, and in the middle, we have very mild honey, crackery malts, a bit of a floral quality - finished quite dry, with lingering hops - this is quite refreshing and tasty - very underrated.