overall
Brewed by Mahou (Grupo Mahou-San Miguel)
Style: Pale Lager
Alovera, Spain

RATINGS: 240   WEIGHTED AVG: 2   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Mahou's mildest taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
huineman (423) - Madrid, SPAIN - MAY 11, 2015
Pale golden. White head. Aroma is bread, rucola, butter, toast, pop corn. Soft, fresh, fizzy, well structured and balanced. Bitter long ending. Surprisingly good if you try and taste it, not just gulp it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hopgeek (90) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 31, 2005
I recently tried this both on tap and in the bottle during my stop in Madrid on a recent Euro trip. I found the draft version more enjoyable as I am reviewing that version. This was presented in a goblet, light yellow in color with lots and lots of fluffy white head. Makes a really nice lacing down the glass as I consume. I honestly don’t recall a macro lager that presents itself so nicely... I am really impressed with the appearance. Aroma is very typical and average of the lager, a shy hint of spice and light caramel. Flavor reminds me of a heineken, has very little bittering and somewhat smooth but nothing exciting here. The mouthfeel was quite nice though, carbonation was near perfect, very creamy and smooth texture on the palate with a slightly dry finish. I think this is a great example of how a lager should be carbonated. Of the pretty drab selection of beers brewed in Spain, this was my first choice on my trip.. not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Wombata (534) - Kobe, JAPAN - DEC 31, 2011
Aroma: Earthy and sweet malt with earthy and floral hop. Palate: Leans toward sweetness yet with some balance. Flavor: Like the nose. Decent lingering sweet and bitter flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
grayson (3) - USA - JUN 30, 2005 does not count
pretty bitter, but gets better as you go down. thought its carbonation lasted til the bottom of the mug and overall it was pretty good. very pretty color and good thick foam. mmmmahou.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
MichaelAwesome (5846) - Wanne-Eickel, North Rhine-Westphalia, GERMANY - DEC 24, 2012
Had that one a million times in Madrid on tap and in bottle. Interesting one as it still is a pissy lager but gives me a tender sweetness with the amount of carbo which I like. Therefore I enjoyed it every time accompanied by a little snack. Definitely not rocket science but not crap beer at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gary (1664) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUN 27, 2015
330ml. 4 pack, In a jug . Hola amigo hermano ...I don’t eat a lot of Spanish food but this would obviously go well with tapas and an economy going down the crapper . Soft body , sweet, but not relentless like san miguel or some shit . notes of chewy hay , grass, metalic pennies , toffee ,honey .a nice dry bitterness . My inner Lager-lout self thinks this is more than decent .

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
R2k2 (385) - NETHERLANDS - FEB 18, 2013
Strong, present aroma of hop. Clear bear, with a strange undefinable taste, which is not bad... A slightly bitter aftertaste. It is "just a lager", but one with an unusual twist.... Sterk, aanwezig aroma van hop. Helder pils, wel een enorm aparte, maar geen vieze smaak die ik niet kan definieren. De nasmaak is licht bitter. Het blijft "maar" een pils, maar wel met een aparte twist.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
carnival (20) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 23, 2004
Not a bad beer ... I drank it when I was in Madrid ... I bought it at a grocery store. It was tasty, and was a "eating" beer ... something you would have with a good meal, to compliment, but definitely not to drink on its own - to try and find exceptional qualities. Overall, rather decent compared to what we have in Canada or the U.S (even more so).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mutz (713) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 11, 2012
Literfles uit de supermarkt. Pilskleur , goede kraag. Zoetbittere geur en smaak. Vrij zoet voor een pils, weinig bitter. Niet slecht als het 32 graden is.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
erickok (4322) - Tours (and Paris), FRANCE - MAY 28, 2012
Golden, light haze maybe and thin head. Light hoppy, unfortunately also some metal. Refreshing, light bitter. Good tasteful pilsner. (On tap at Valencian ponchos bar)