overall

RATINGS: 467   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
On a rainy fall day in 2009, my five-year-old daughter Zoe and I were wandering the streets of Bar Harbor and stumbled across the Whale Museum. Zoe loved it. Hopefully we do the same for you. Cheers! Our Happy, Hoppy, Amber-Ale

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BoBoChamp (5355) - Gent, BELGIUM - MAR 26, 2012
50cl, new exclusive American brew Anno 2010, from The Bottle Shop Canterbury, complex bitter brew, malty/bitter and slightly fruity/sweet, balanced, cloudy, rocky head, good brew, yet expensive!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
HenrikSoegaard (10367) - Randers, DENMARK - MAR 25, 2012
Bottle. Creamy off-white good mostly lasting head. Red-amber colour. Moderate malty and hoppy aroma. Heavy bitter flavor. Slightly hars. Long heavy bitter finish. Oily palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Rune (7760) - Tromsø, NORWAY - MAR 25, 2012
One pint bottle, lot 032411, bought at Ølbutikken, Copenhagen in May last year. Pours a deep, brown body with a ruby shade. Frothy and bubbly, beige head that stayed well and left spotty lace behind. Nice aroma of mild red orange added by earthy, semi-sweet malts. Deliciously blended taste of juicy fruits, grapefruit, dark fruits and caramel malts. Velvety and smooth bittersweet ending. Very nice, indeed (Tromsø, 23.03.2012).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Smurf2055 (1394) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 20, 2012
Trade thanks to circlenine! Pours a deep Amber with a four or more finger head (aggressive pour) Smell is fruity, tropical and hoppy, Taste is more floral, very very hoppy and very good. Crisp and clean Fantastic amber ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jredmond (5219) - Manhattan, New York, USA - MAR 18, 2012
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2014 Bottle split with pat. Pours a deep brown body with crazy white lacing. Aroma is fresh floral hop and citra. Mouthfeel is crisp with notes of fresh floral hop followed by a nice cocoa/chocolate character. Really interesting the way these two polar opposite flavors work together.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
bp (784) - Queens, New York, USA - MAR 16, 2012
Bottle: pours dark amber with a big frothy head, hoppy aroma and taste, dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
joshj2176 (103) - California, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Pours a dark amber, nearly burgundy color with a decent head into my glass. Grassy hops with a hint of citrus greet the nose. Sweet malt follows underneath. Mild grassy hop flavors mingle with sweet, spicy malt to create an amber that worthy of sipping than anything else.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
johnbuck100 (236) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 9, 2012
I bought this beer on a whim at Molly’s Pub Bottle shop in Lancaster, PA. I am embarrassed how much I paid for a single bottle ($11) but it intrigued me and I was thirsty. I normally carry my rate beer ap on my iphone to check beer ratings, but I left my iphone in the car and just decided to go for it. I figured it was going to be either really good or really bad. Pours a dark caramel brown with a tan creamy head. Not really fond of amber ales this dark. Things turned around when I took a whiff from the bottle. Wow! a pronounced fresh hop smell at the forefront. This beer deserves its high ratings - very hoppy but also well balanced, and very creamy. It is rare to find an amber ale that balances the roasty malt flavors with pronounced hops. The hops are more on the floral grassy side, with no bitterness whatsoever. An excellent job by a brewery I had never heard of.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bmerz (687) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAR 4, 2012
Bottle. ~3 weeks old. This is a superb beer. A good initial head and lacing on this burnt orange in color and in aroma beer. Strong hoppy notes of pine, spice, and some grapefruit. Matly sweet, slightly tart, and significantly bitter tastes rest on a creamy, full lively mouthfeel that dries just a little.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
b3shine (5154) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 3, 2012
Bottle to oversized snifter. Looks pretty good; very dark for an amber. Nice carbonation and lacing. Smells great; the hops are pleasant, as is the malt. Tastes great too; I’d put it ahead of Nugget Nectar. Great balance between the hops and the malt. Mouthfeel is good. Overall, a great beer that I’m glad to have had the opportunity to try.