overall

RATINGS: 285   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed for the Pizza Beer Company

Unfiltered American Ale Brewed With Basil, Oregano, Tomato and Garlic. Truly the World’s First Culinary Beer Designed to Taste Great on It’s Own and Even Better With Food (Especially Pizza) The Beer is Truly Unique In That It Also Makes a Tremendous Ingredient in All Types of Foods. Chef Tom & Mamma Mia Have Developed Several Cooking Videos on Display at www.pizzabeer.net

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DavidP (1747) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Bottle. Oregano, green pepper, tomato and bready malt in the nose. Very similar flavor - tomato & oregano over biscuit malt with hop bitterness and a touch of garlic in the finish. A well-done novelty beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
NachlamSie (2723) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 29, 2008
Bottle. I had a few sips of this one straight from the bottle before I poured it. Let me tell you my expectations were quite low for this one. I was surprised to find a pretty tasty brew when I put this to my lips. It definitely tastes like pizza due to the spices utilized. I don’t know if I’d ever make the connection without reading the label, but the garlic, basil, and even a faint meaty flavor are apparent. The malts are sweet and easily accessible. I poured this one into a glass and was surprised to see a golden colored beer. It definitely "tastes amber" if that makes any sense. The aroma is not as a great as the flavor. Raw, leafy tomato is in the nose which is weird for a beverage. Taking a few sips after this, I decide I still like it fairly well. I don’t know if I’ll make any effort to get it again. . . maybe.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
heemer77 (5096) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JUN 25, 2008
Hazy gold orange body with a large lightly off white head. The aroma has some light tomatoes and herbs. There is a definite garlic presence. The taste is light oregeno and basil. You get more of the tomato in the aftertaste. There is also some strong biscuit maltiness. A different brew that is interesting, but certainly not something to go with every mood. Kind of reminded of the pepperoni pizza flavored Combos snacks.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
iowaherkeye (2690) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - JUN 22, 2008
16oz bottle, no date. Clear yellow orange with small light yellow white head, fading to a ring. Pizza crust and oregano are dominant. Hints of salt are also present. Flavor adds some caramel malts that make it seem like beer. Not picking up on any tomato, garlic, or basil, though there is a bit of pepper. Semi-dry finish with low bitterness. A little metallic as well. Light body with light to moderate carbonation. Smelled like pizza, though didn’t really taste like it. I think I liked America’s version better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
vyvvy (3876) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - JUN 21, 2008
Had to get this strictly for the novelty and it ended up being better than I thought it would be. Pours lightly hazy copper with an off-white head. The aroma is musty with butter, italian spices, doughy and fairly rich - unique to say the least. Medium crisp body with fairly sharp carbonation as an undercurrent. The flavor starts malt with light tomatoes, peppery spice along with the italian spices. The doughiness is still throughout the beer. The finish adds more spice. I wouldn’t want much of this, but it was well worth trying.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2008
In the bottle thanks to Rich S. of Beerme.com. Pours a hazy gold with not much of a head at all. Unreal aroma of a pizza or a plate of spaghetti sauce. Clearly, this smells exactly as billed, but is salty and hard to drink. As a marinade, this might be hard to beat. It is loaded with garlic and oregano. Lots of tomato flavors overwhelm you. I just couldn’t take too much of it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
docswife (27) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - JUN 17, 2008
I picked up a bottle of this in Evansville In just for kicks. Ordered a big pizza and tried this with the husband. I didn’t expect it to be so darn good!! Pours yellow and crisp with small white head. The aroma is all pizza, yeast, oregano, basil, garlic and tomato. Very light body and crisp. I will be picking up more of this!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
mkobes (2140) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Bottle. Hazy yellow in color with no head. Spicy oregano aroma. Spicy basil oregano flavor. Tasted like pizza. Ok.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Acknud (1078) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - JUN 14, 2008
Weird beer. It really smells like a pizza. Taste is spicy, oregano, tomato. It is ok to drink with a pizza but I wouldn’t drink it every day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 13, 2008
This is disgusting. I hate this beer. Pours a lightly hazed yellow gold with a thin white head. Smelly! Vaguely smells like pizza. Garlic and herbal notes. Very vegetal. Thinner, lower carbonation, no viscosity or body. Like Bud aged on pizza. Garlicy herbs with standard light lager nastiness. Lingering gross aftertaste.