Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer

overall

RATINGS: 296   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.51/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Note: Per the owner, this beer is no longer being brewed while they search for a new contract brewer.

Brewed for the Pizza Beer Company

Unfiltered American Ale Brewed With Basil, Oregano, Tomato and Garlic. Truly the World’s First Culinary Beer Designed to Taste Great on It’s Own and Even Better With Food (Especially Pizza) The Beer is Truly Unique In That It Also Makes a Tremendous Ingredient in All Types of Foods. Chef Tom & Mamma Mia Have Developed Several Cooking Videos on Display at www.pizzabeer.net

rednapx3 (27) - , ISLE OF MAN - AUG 10, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2008 Holly Marry Mother of God, what the fuck were these people thinking. . . If you can get past the Disgusting nose on this brew from hell, you taste pure CRAP. It almost made me loose my lunch when i forced myself to swallow this tird of a beer. Pizza Spices, Rotting Tomato Funk, and a disgusting after taste. Goes good with Pizza ? LOL Goes even better when you see it go down the sink.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
MrRain (472) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 9, 2008
I think I can sum this up with... ewww! Pizza in a bottle. Ack! Ack! If you like tomato in your beer this is for you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jmw141 (134) - Canton, Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2008
Pours dull orange, no head. Aroma very much like pizza. I picked up some tomatoes, dough, and basil. Tastes kind of boring, but the tomatoes show through more in the flavor. Watery, flat.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - JUL 22, 2008
16oz bottle. The aroma was of seasonings when smelled directly from the bottle, but it smelled more like milk after I poured it. Poured a clear golden color. The head was bubbly, white, and reduce to a thin film relatively quickly. No lace was left behind. Light bodied and dry. Tasted like a seasoned cracker and a mouthful of crappy pale lager.

Trdnuggets (11) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 21, 2008
Tried it, however couldn’t get past the smell, after two small sips I was done. I’ve never thrown a beer away before but this one I had to, no one else would take my curse. They however did what was intended, it’s like drinking a pizza.

maniac4016 (114) - bill clinton, ICELAND - JUL 19, 2008
gag reflex was uncontrollable on nosing, didnt feel like vomiting so i couldn’t try it, right up there with the bud chelada shit, why oh why do dick-head brewers waste precious ingrediants to make this horse-shit,

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
douglas88 (8308) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 13, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2008 Bottle thanks to Drnk_McDermott some months ago. Pours a cloudy orange with a thick white head. The aroma is mostly light; some oregano and malt. The taste is kind of like a herb filled Wit; lots of wheat and spices, it does taste like Pizza a bit, but in a mostly good way. Very interesting for sure. Drinkable. If I had a pizza shop I’d sell this for sure. Original.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Tmoney99 (13330) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 12, 2008
Bottle from Freindly Liqour, IN. Poured clear orange color with an average frothy white head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Moderate pasta tomato aroma. Medium body and sticky texture. Medium sweet spicy flavor with a medium sweet finish of moderate duration. Drinkable beer that was very different.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
patrick767 (3964) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2008
bottle - Well... this one is certainly different. It pours a slightly hazy yellow-orange and smells mainly of tomatoes and oregano. The flavor is of a light, malty ale with a moderate tomato paste taste and ample spices. I guess there was some garlic, but my taste buds may have been defective as I didn’t notice much. It beats the hell out of the only other beer with tomato I’ve had, the Bud/Bud Light cheladas, but of course that’s not saying much. Could have been worse...

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
hotstuff (4861) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUL 4, 2008
Bottle at Toscanni, Fort Wayne, IN. Small off-white head that mostly diminished, virtually no lacing, transparent, carbonation noted, and a yellow golden hue. The aroma was old, musty, spicy, basil, some tomato notes, and garlic, garlic and more garlic. Ditto for the flavor and the garlic overpowers the taste IMO. Tingly mouthfeel and light-medium bodied. I had this beer with a delicious pizza and I do not buy into the advertisement that it tastes better with food especially pizza. NOT!! A novelty beer for sure and definitely one that I will not drink again. The waitress said that they have received a lot of mixed reactions about this beer and when she asked if I liked it I said "not at all as it’s pretty much garlic dominated and I like garlic but this is overkill" and two tables over a guy was drinking this beer and overheard my answer to the waitress and he had a look on his face like he couldn’t believe what I said about this beer. Oh well, she asked and I gave my honest opinion. Now it’s time for a "real" beer!