overall

RATINGS: 290   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed for the Pizza Beer Company

Unfiltered American Ale Brewed With Basil, Oregano, Tomato and Garlic. Truly the Worldís First Culinary Beer Designed to Taste Great on Itís Own and Even Better With Food (Especially Pizza) The Beer is Truly Unique In That It Also Makes a Tremendous Ingredient in All Types of Foods. Chef Tom & Mamma Mia Have Developed Several Cooking Videos on Display at www.pizzabeer.net

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2008
In the bottle thanks to Rich S. of Beerme.com. Pours a hazy gold with not much of a head at all. Unreal aroma of a pizza or a plate of spaghetti sauce. Clearly, this smells exactly as billed, but is salty and hard to drink. As a marinade, this might be hard to beat. It is loaded with garlic and oregano. Lots of tomato flavors overwhelm you. I just couldnít take too much of it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
docswife (27) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - JUN 17, 2008
I picked up a bottle of this in Evansville In just for kicks. Ordered a big pizza and tried this with the husband. I didnít expect it to be so darn good!! Pours yellow and crisp with small white head. The aroma is all pizza, yeast, oregano, basil, garlic and tomato. Very light body and crisp. I will be picking up more of this!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
mkobes (2141) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - JUN 15, 2008
Bottle. Hazy yellow in color with no head. Spicy oregano aroma. Spicy basil oregano flavor. Tasted like pizza. Ok.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Acknud (1081) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - JUN 14, 2008
Weird beer. It really smells like a pizza. Taste is spicy, oregano, tomato. It is ok to drink with a pizza but I wouldnít drink it every day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 13, 2008
This is disgusting. I hate this beer. Pours a lightly hazed yellow gold with a thin white head. Smelly! Vaguely smells like pizza. Garlic and herbal notes. Very vegetal. Thinner, lower carbonation, no viscosity or body. Like Bud aged on pizza. Garlicy herbs with standard light lager nastiness. Lingering gross aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Davinci (295) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 12, 2008
Pours a hazy yellow orangish color. Smells pretty pizzaish, straight down to a bit of a cheasy aroma... perhaps my brain filling in the blanks. Pretty scary. Flavor is thinnish lager with wierd tomato thing going on, definite herbs. Yeah, itís a novelty at best and I dont think this is really going to do much for sprechers image, but worth a try at least once.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
General66 (203) - Streator, Illinois, USA - JUN 8, 2008
UPDATED: APR 29, 2009 16 ounce bottle. I will be honest... I was a bit scared to try this beer. The concept reminded me of Bud Chelada which was a horrible experience. However, I tried going into this with an open mind. We had a few pizzas ordered on a Sunday night so I thought there was no better time to try this brew. Poured a hazy yellow color with a small white head that disappeared VERY quickly. The smell had me scared at first... it smelled like a pizza; oregano, tomato, and pepper filled my nose. When I started drinking it, I was pleasantly surprised. It paired VERY well with a few slices of pizza. It was very refreshing and tasted like a pale lager with pizza spice hints. I know it sounds weird but it was good. I definitely recommend NOT drinking this on its own... have a few slices of pizza and wash it down with this brew. I was impressed for what it is...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
OldGrowth (2730) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - JUN 2, 2008
bottle, at carolina crew get together, provided by mrfacto. Ok aroma, stewed tomato, oregano, little sourdough. Pale orangy gold color, good head that faded quickly. Minor lace. Bitter flavor, Like aroma really. Canít say more about it, Lite body, creamy mouthfeel, bitter finish. Kind of amazing in itís ability to deliver on itís name sake, but not one Iíd drink abunch of.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jbuzz (754) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 2, 2008
Big 20 beer tasting at Three Cellars Milwaukee. Well I love pizza but this is scary. Scary in sense that I liked it. It was like eating a good pizza and washing it down with a gulp of beer. Oregano, pepperoni and tomato sauce. Funny.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
esjaygee (3903) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 1, 2008
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, thatís amore. So yeah, it smells like a pizza, but it doesnít taste much like one. Then again, I donít want my beer tasting like a pizza. Pale yellow with next to no head. Aroma of cheese, garlic, basil, oregano. Taste of mild garlic to go with light beer qualities of malts and hops. Body is light and oily.